BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

It's obvious he shaved a thousand off the crowd by closing that end all previous evidence backs that up.

So the whole thing was pointless it would have paid for itself and more importantly given a few quid to the people who missed out on a few hours work.  The guy is a complete tosser if people didn't see through it before they damn well should now.

He'll have been itching to shut the BBE for most cup games for years and recent events involving India have given him the excuse he was looking for.

Club still advertising for various roles so can't be that skint.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He'll have been itching to shut the BBE for most cup games for years and recent events involving India have given him the excuse he was looking for.

Yep. It's straight out of his playbook. As per the Coventry forum match thread about us:-

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 16.32.54.png

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yep. It's straight out of his playbook. As per the Coventry forum match thread about us:-

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 16.32.54.png

When long standing Coventry fans have previously got to know of his words and actions and attempted actions over the last few years at Rovers there have often been similarities drawn.

The guy has a one size fits all blueprint for going backwards it seems.

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Absolute bollocks. You simply wouldn't expect a lower home attendance against a Championship club in round 3 than you got against a league two club in the first round, especially on the back of an almost record victory in round 2.

They surely anticipated an attendance similar or slightly above what we got against Walsall, but to say as much now shows how absolutely stupid the decision was. The fact that they started reducing their apparent 'anticipated attendance' the closer it got to the game tells us all we need to know.

Again, if they just come out and said "We thought it made financial sense but we were wrong. It was a one-off and won't happen again" you'd just file it and move on. But he is just bullshitting on expected numbers to try and justify the decision. 

The decision to close the Blackburn End was taken before a ticket was even sold so how could a potential gate be gauged. Swag will be in denial of the potential numbers simply to justify his decision. He is a faceless coward too. How many CEO's would have their PA's replying to customers over such an emotive subject.

FOW.

• Like 4

I've noticed that Preston/Bolton are both giving away tickets in a ballot for members of the blue light card scheme (members of emergency services, military etc). They seem to just get it, an empty stadium makes no money. Having people in those seats watching (we must be mega to watch for a neutral) and enjoying their day will stand a far greater chance of creating future revenue than empty seats.

1 hour ago, cesus said:

I've noticed that Preston/Bolton are both giving away tickets in a ballot for members of the blue light card scheme (members of emergency services, military etc). They seem to just get it, an empty stadium makes no money. Having people in those seats watching (we must be mega to watch for a neutral) and enjoying their day will stand a far greater chance of creating future revenue than empty seats.

Anyone but a complete retard would understand this. 

Alas we have venkys and waggot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arbitro said:

The decision to close the Blackburn End was taken before a ticket was even sold so how could a potential gate be gauged. Swag will be in denial of the potential numbers simply to justify his decision. He is a faceless coward too. How many CEO's would have their PA's replying to customers over such an emotive subject.

FOW.

deffo. I spoke to 3 Rovers at the last home game against Leicester and each of them would have attend the Cardiff cup game. So that's 5 tickets he missed out on being sold cos of his own decision to shut the Blackburn end. I am still annoyed by it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cesus said:

Now that is something that has never been mentioned around the walls of Ewood

• Backroom
On 28/09/2023 at 07:40, arbitro said:

And no doubt his PA will be booking his first class travel to London for the game at Chelsea and overnight accommodation in a plush hotel. And his cohorts will probably be afforded the same. He will also be lording it up in the Directors Box. If they wanted to set an example they should board a coach with the supporters at Ewood and bloody well pay for it themselves.

I’m not one to defend Swag but I will say I once bumped into him on the train back from London a few years ago, he had been down to appeal the decision to have Rovers ladies in the second flight.

He was in standard class on the first cheap train back up north like the rest of us tightwads

22 hours ago, lraC said:

Once again, that figure contradicts an earlier reply, one of our posters on here got, as he was told a similar number to Walsall was expected. He has therefore by default knocked around 2,000 himself, so would love to know how he explains that one.

I know Glen and also the trust have meeting with him in the not too distant future, so assuming they can take a copy of contradicting posts from here, he should have some explaining to do.

Will he be challenged though? I doubt it. Let Waggott continue to take the pods out of us. Moaning on here will do nothing. More heat needs to be put on Stevie. Start making every meeting him uncomfortable for him. Let’s see him sweat.

52 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If that happened with Rovers would I consider getting another season. I gave up mine 3 years ago. I’m not sure, but once venkeys leave I’m sure loads will get them again. There’s the problem in itself… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

The armed forces used to be able to get free tickets for Ewood, as did some parts of the NHS in the area. Not sure if that's still the case.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

deffo. I spoke to 3 Rovers at the last home game against Leicester and each of them would have attend the Cardiff cup game. So that's 5 tickets he missed out on being sold cos of his own decision to shut the Blackburn end. I am still annoyed by it

Ditto 3 lads from our neck of the woods sacked it off out of sheer anger.

• Like 1

Was reading @1864roverite on another thread and also decided to rewatch the documentary from 2013,

10 years on, and the fight goes on.

Out of interest has anyone plotted our last 20 years income, expenditure, losses and crowds?

Be interesting to see how the curve looks from before venkys to present day, when we are considering the current boards performance.

25 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Was reading @1864roverite on another thread and also decided to rewatch the documentary from 2013,

10 years on, and the fight goes on.

Out of interest has anyone plotted our last 20 years income, expenditure, losses and crowds?

Be interesting to see how the curve looks from before venkys to present day, when we are considering the current boards performance.

2003-2008 vs 2017-2022:

IMG_1320.thumb.jpeg.9042c4bd38ec57f80d34daee7778a4bb.jpegIMG_1321.thumb.jpeg.3fec127043f21358d4d052cece765b92.jpeg

• Like 2