BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

• Backroom

A dire half which gives us all a reality check, despite some pre match optimism. If we can't stop shipping 2+ goals it's a relegation battle for us this season. That's the stark reality when you can't defend and don't score enough to offset that. Our home form will be the deciding factor there, as we are absolutely spineless away from home. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

I thought he could have stepped up this season but he's dodgy isn't he? He needs far more protection but we are all over the place at the back both in and out of possession.

He genuinely should never have played for us again after that game against Wigan in the FA Cup. That was all I needed to see.

The fact that he's starting and gifting the opposition a goal a game is baffling to me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Is Rovers TV working for anyone?

Nope (I'm also in US). I'm giving up actively following Rovers. I can't reliably watch the games which isn't great when newly converted friends come over to watch them. Now put Premier league games on, which costs less per month than watching Rovers. 

Tried to buy some shirts but that also doesn't work... amateurs. Easier and cheaper for neutrals to follow other teams.

• Like 1

Waggot and con shoulder the blame for their ineffectiveness as owners and senior management. What an ability shit show on the pitch. No recognised striker is going to seriously cost us. We are looking down the barrel of being cemented in the bottom 6 until Xmas and then it’s too late. I would expect by then JDT will have left the sinking ship leaving us with a serious issue. Waggot needs to think outside box and be inventive to right this rudderless club. As for Pears for every good save he costs us 2 goals at least which isn’t good enough - should be hooked now!

1 minute ago, DE. said:

A dire half which gives us all a reality check, despite some pre match optimism. If we can't stop shipping 2+ goals it's a relegation battle for us this season. That's the stark reality when you can't defend and don't score enough to offset that. Our home form will be the deciding factor there, as we are absolutely spineless away from home. 

I genuinely think we CAN defend though. That's a very good back 4 (albeit I'd LOVE to replace Pickering) at this level. The problem is the GK - if Wahlstedt has ANYTHING about him and is allowed to actually play he'll clean up A LOT of the goals we're currently conceding. 

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Conceded 2 against Rotherham 

3 against Plymouth 

2 against Hull 

3 against Wallsall (cup and changed 11)

Conceded 3 already to Ipswich 

JDT not the manager we maybe thought he was, can't set us up to be solid at the back to save his life it seems

He's not. Having a nice philosophy isn't worth a wank if you don't implement it. Far too much credit for managers these days wanting to "play the right way". I'd happily do a Luton and be competitive every week than massively inconsistent and easy to beat with lacklustre displays. 

• Like 1

Siggy looks a classy footballer.

He and Wharton are being doubled-up on and without them, we look pedestrian. If we could adapt to that and not have conceded 3 before half time (huge ask, granted 🙃) then they’d be blowing out their arses second half and we could push on.

As it is, they’ve borderline won this by half time. Based on their approach to the game so far, their game management will probably be solid.

Ultimately, getting their rewards for tailoring their approach to our threats, with a little bit of luck as a bonus (although a couple of viewings of Pears and any coach would be telling their players to shoot on sight).

Hedges for Moran, Pears for Leo, JRC for Pickering. Push and press for an early goal, otherwise, we cut our losses and move onto the next one.