BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

If the replacement has less than 200 appearances at Championship level or above, then Venkatesh Twatteries, SW, GB and JDT have explaining to do.

Don't cry over a lack of experience and get rid of the player with (likely) the most appearances in league games.

Brilliant 😁

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if each position has been allocated a wage budget and Buckley returning means our midfield is costing too much.

Sounds ridiculous but under this lot it sounds as likely as anything else.

Think you're onto something there 👍

• Like 1

It makes no sense. I know we're getting this new kid in from Crewe who can apparently do a job at RB but with Hill going back, whilst Trav wasn't the best there I'd rather him than throw a newbie in from the league below. Plus as others have said he gives our midfield bite and it has been a surprise we've not seen him the last couple of games with the team flagging. He may also get stick for his ability but he's been involved in a couple of our goals this season with lovely through balls and overlaps. I'd much rather have him than lose him, especially on a loan! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

If the replacement has less than 200 appearances at Championship level or above, then Venkatesh Twatteries, SW, GB and JDT have explaining to do.

Don't cry over a lack of experience and get rid of the player with (likely) the most appearances in league games.

What does JDT have to explain?

"Sorry guys the transfers I have no say in seem to be entirely fucked?"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Good decision to let Trav go. He needs games and is not very good imo. 

Surely means we have someone lined up pretty quickly.

Why does he need games? He's an experienced 26 year old midfielder who's been a constant in our team up until recently. If he's not being picked at the moment, fine, that can happen across a long season and did around this time last year, but we should be looking after ourselves and keep him around. He'd probably have been back in the team soon.

Of course that's what a normal club would do. Likelihood here is we're absolutely on our arse and can save a few grand a week.

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Wharton can’t play the Tronstad role, his tackling, stamina and defensive positioning is nowhere near good enough. When he tried it earlier this season we got murdered even more than we do lately.

Travis has all the right attributes but is poor at taking on the ball under pressure. If we played 3 in midfield then Tronstad or Wharton could do this bit and we overall massively improve the defensive side of our game.

This should be the change we make to stop the rot this season. But JdT has shown no willingness to adapt and it instead looks like we will sell one of our best midfielders.

we will regret it

We wont change from a 3 man midfield as people forget that Szmodics is the attacking midfielder of the 3. It would mean going to a midfield 4

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Sell him, dont loan him out. But this is Venkys madness. 

Just a financial decision I bet. Greg can only bring one in if one goes out, after Buckley returned. 

100% financial decision.

It certainly won't be to benefit the squad.

I think this is very much player driven. I’d guess he’s not happy at not starting and has always been very vocal about his unhappiness at JDT during his spells out of the side.

The qualities he brings when he does play will definitely be missed, and ideally I’d keep him around. We need players who can battle and tackle, not to mention his leadership. But if his head and heart isn’t in it, you’ve lost the best of Travis.

Loan is far from ideal, they are increasingly the way that championship deals are done though. Not a lot of money for fees anywhere outside the top flight.

• Like 3

Have to assume (hope) this has fairly significant promotion-related bonuses and/or future fee.

I do think Travis might have stagnated here a bit, slightly misaligned with the manager. He’s provided some excellent work in his time here and I hold him in high regard. Enjoyed a lot of his shithousery over the years.

The logic of this seems mad, though. We’ve done well to keep a lot of deals we’re doing out of the press in the past, so have to assume (again, hope) there’s something in the offing.

Losing club captain/current highest apps (I believe) player and Premiership loan player who’d been a regular in the first team and only bringing in a development player from League One isn’t a good first week of business.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why change the team style just for Travis? 

I think it is clear that isn't the suggestion. An option would be changing the team's formation and/or style to better suit the players you have available, rather than dogmatically sticking to a style that doesn't suit what you have at your disposal. Letting go of your experienced players reduces your ability to do that.

It is a perfectly reasonable challenge that should be made, with no manager/coach being above that challenge or constructive question. Sometimes all of us have to accept we are wrong and change our approach, in life. That is ok. And much better than stubbornly continuing with something that isn't working.

• Like 1

Well, this is all pretty desperate.

I imagine JDT has nothing to do with this, otherwise he looks a bit of a hypocrite bemoaning a lack of experience. This has to be a purely financial decision.

The situation at the moment is untenable and something has to give. We cannot survive if the 'keeping the lights on' money has to be approved every quarter by a court in India. 

Ultimately, as I have said for a long time, Venkys simply don't care. We are but a drop in their ocean.

Purgatory.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Does he have zero input whatsoever on the squad?

He has input into the squad. He has say in transfers saying who we sign. He has to yes before we sign a player. He can suggest his own targets aswell. 

If Travis isn't going to play much for the season cos JDT doesn't want to select him(recent none appearances in the last 3 games) and Travis to play then we should let him leave and bring in a player who will be select more. 

• Like 1

Morsy and Travis must be one of the most ''Shithousery'' midfield combinations of all time.

Will be plenty get wound up playing against Ipswich in the second half of the season.

Good move for Trav, obviously not a JDT man, maybe he comes back next season when Tomasson has left for pastures new (as we all assume).

• Like 1

Unless there's some sort of absolute miracle, we as a Club are absolutely doomed. Unfortunately though, we've all been waiting years for a miracle which will never come, nothing positive will happen whilst we are owned by these fools.

Very dark times.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think this is very much player driven. I’d guess he’s not happy at not starting and has always been very vocal about his unhappiness at JDT during his spells out of the side.

The qualities he brings when he does play will definitely be missed, and ideally I’d keep him around. We need players who can battle and tackle, not to mention his leadership. But if his head and heart isn’t in it, you’ve lost the best of Travis.

Loan is far from ideal, they are increasingly the way that championship deals are done though. Not a lot of money for fees anywhere outside the top flight.

Guess we'll find out in JDT's presser if this one is on him. He certainly wasn't shy to criticise the decision to let Buckley go out.

• Like 2