BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Yeah I get the argument for that. For me the positions he occupies on the pitch makes me consider him more of the attacking forward 4 than in midfield. 

Totally agree about it being a front 4 rather than a 4-3-3 and is the reason defensively we struggle because how many teams play a 4-2-4 or when the full backs are inverted 3-3-4?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So you wanted us to keep an unhappy player that the manager didn't want and not sign the player he wanted.

Oh wait, we only signed him because he was offered. Cos you'd know that obviously🙄

Keep us updated with the inner workings of the recruitment team. It's enlightening stuff and not at all cringe.

Why do you constantly have the need to to insult people when you reply to them?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So you wanted us to keep an unhappy player that the manager didn't want and not sign the player he wanted.

Oh wait, we only signed him because he was offered. Cos you'd know that obviously🙄

Keep us updated with the inner workings of the recruitment team. It's enlightening stuff and not at all cringe.

I wanted us to keep an experienced player who could/should be playing a part in our battle against relegation. Good to hear you’ve got a hotline to Tomasson  - look forward to further enlightened inside information

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 47er said:

You talk as it we don't need back-up. Tronstad and Wharton won't play every game for one reason or another. Haven't you learned from our current injury crisis?

We can't keep dragging kids in short pants out of school and expect to win in the Championship. 

I have no confidence that this is about anything but money. We want another club to pay his wages so we can buy/borrow someone cheaper.

Let's see how the window plays out.

It's clear that JDT doesn't like Travis in the CM role, so talk about him backing up A. Wharton and Tronstad is just that - talk. He's been relegated to makeshift FB in the last few months, he clearly needed to be moved on.

And again I think he's a good Championship player, but he doesn't fit the style of football or formation JDT wants to play. 

• Like 1

How many loan spots left? If its short term cover for dolan/hedges then fine, may not get a lot of minutes after. 

Trav is in a hard place, couple of times hes come on as a sub and not looked great imo. Tronstad has just like for like replaced him unfortunately. Who plays in there next though after tronstad/wharton? Garrett?

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Keeping fringe players happy is a key part of a manager’s/head coach’s job.

i still feel that Travis has been laid out to dry. He has gone from captain to also ran at a key moment in his career. He is fiery and volatile and gets stuck in. He gets booked and winds people up. 

We need that at the moment. Fire in the belly, taking people on, fanning the flames. The biggest mistake was making him captain and giving him extra responsibility rather than let him concentrate on his game. JDT did that. 

One other thing. He is Bkackburn through and through. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I wanted us to keep an experienced player who could/should be playing a part in our battle against relegation. Good to hear you’ve got a hotline to Tomasson  - look forward to further enlightened inside information

We're closer to the play offs than relegation. 👍

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Never been ITK, but hearing a rumour of a big bust up between JDT and players after the Huddersfield game...( Well, Good!) Rumour goes that JDT got them in for extra training due to the shitshow...and that SS went mad with him...

Same source saying JDT "applied" and "was interviewed" for Stoke job.

I don't know what to think, but I am sick to the core of what these Indian bastards continue to do to our club...

Protests, anyone?....( tumbleweed drifts down Nuttall Street..)

Smart man if true - they're considerably wealthier than us. 

My opinion isn't as reactionary as most.

I wasn't keen on Travis and never have been really - He's not a starter and obviously doesn't see eye to on with the manager. It was spoke on here, in summer last year, that they'd had a falling out so why keep someone who is dragging the moral down.

The fact of loaning him our means he's still our player so if JDT does leave he will be back with us next season. If the manager is still here his value will most likely increase playing for a team chasing promotion.

We are in a financial mess so if this temporary change means we can bring some more players in then im happy with it.

Lets hope come summer this mess in India is all sorted and we can get some some kind of normality on the transfer side.

Let's put it this way, in a relegation battle (which we will be in soon if not already) I would much sooner have Travis fighting in my team than a group of teenagers and loans most of whom have no real experience and none of whom are up for a scrap.

Every game he plays Travis puts 100% in for 90 minutes and runs himself into the ground getting stuck in all over the pitch. Opposition sides must hate it.

Instead we're going into the trenches without him, and I'm afraid looking at some of the 'characters' we have left it doesn't look good to me. A distinct lack of leadership and fight in recent games.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Let's put it this way, in a relegation battle (which we will be in soon if not already) I would much sooner have Travis fighting in my team than a group of teenagers and loans most of whom have no real experience and none of whom are up for a scrap.

Every game he plays Travis puts 100% in for 90 minutes and runs himself into the ground getting stuck in all over the pitch. Opposition sides must hate it.

Instead we're going into the trenches without him, and I'm afraid looking at some of the 'characters' we have left it doesn't look good to me. A distinct lack of leadership and fight in recent games.

If we're brutally honest, Travis is a pantomime villain. He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. 

• Like 5

We lose games when teams use physicality against us, so we get rid of a 6 foot player and replace him with a weedy 5’8 player. Also an experienced player swopped for an inexperienced kid when we are screaming out for experience ( and passion). We also have an extremely thin squad so it doesn’t make any sense. As others have said already, this smacks of budget cuts. If we get relegated then these cuts will look extremely foolish.

• Like 1