BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

56 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm glad I don't have some of you lot in the trenches with me.

Most people want to avoid being in the trenches but that's where Venkys are dragging us. I was going to say "slowly but surely", however the pace seems to be hotting up.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I was thinking more in terms of when we’ve had a lead but were clearly tiring.

This has been our major problem this season - you just have to look at the crazy amount of goals we concede in the last 15mins of games. Trav has shortcomings but he'd have been fine to use in these situations.

As it is we now have even less bite in an already powderpuff team and if JDT is going to obsess with this physically tiring style of football we have to sign some actual experienced adults with some nous. We won't of course but one can dream.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

No, if Szmodics says tomorrow he wants to leave do we loan him out to Leeds? He’s our player and brings experience and bite.

We have a weaker squad than yesterday. Great work! You know you can question the hierarchy Chaddy you won’t set on fire.

Szmodics just signed a new contract here, made vice captain and happy here  

I have question the hierarchy here but JDT has told the fans the situation and I have no reason not to trust his word

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

The thing is we are not going into trenches, and Travis would not be my first pick on a football field.

We might have to on the field in a month or two unless results improve.

You fancy fighting a relegation battle with a bunch of kids and loanee kids ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Most people want to avoid being in the trenches but that's where Venkys are dragging us. I was going to say "slowly but surely", however the pace seems to be hotting up.

Dragged through the trenches by the creatures from the latrines.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No it doesn't make sense

You're trying to rationalise the irrational. 

Loaning your captain and one of a few experienced Championship players you have out to a side 25 points higher and in the top 2 is not sensible.

If it was a sale for good levels of cash I could consider the argument.

You know your stuff. Find me a comparable loan to the Travis one. I think you'll struggle because these sort of deals are very strange.

He wasn't playing and wasn't going to be playing in the position he wants 

Have you watched the BBC lancs interview with JDT?

Why would he be critical of the Buckley deal but not with Travis?.He goes into detail over Travis wanting to play as a 6.

Yeah he is our captain  but he was been on the bench more often than not, we are loaning out a sub as he isn't as good as Wharton or Tronstad owners ain't giving us.Experience is necessary but if Travis wasn't going to play in his preferred position you are left with an unhappy player and unfortunately due to mismanagement and the owners not giving a fuck we have to wheel and deal his wages might cover 3 incomings even if they are young loans,plenty of young players have excelled in loan moves. 

And Sorba Thomas to us last season.Huddersfield struggling at the bottom loaned to us in the playoffs.He might not have been their captain but a good season the year before and an international player 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I do believe there’s some truth to what JDT says. Players want to play and advance their careers, managers pick who they believe are best suited and those things don’t always match up. Trav wants to play, and in his best position, JDT doesn’t seem him as better than alternatives. The interesting part is the fact the best offer available was a loan within the division to a side based on record you’d assume Trav would struggle to get minutes at. All this move does is shuffle his wages for 6 months and punt the transfer to summer 

He wasn't left much option after clearly being frozen out of being used at all even when the results are so poor so that suggests to me they ear marked him to be out the door in Jan.

Obviously there was a falling out at the end of last season and in summer would have been the best time to move him on but obviously Millwall weren't serious enough.  I'm sure if he'd been stamping his feet then to leave there would have been takers if he'd been made available for loan.

He obviously didn't want to leave that badly then.

• Like 3

This is my thoughts. Our manager has moaned about squad depth and experience. He sends a 200 game championship midfielder to the second in the league. What mugs they are. We then get 2 more teens after losing 6 from 8 on his reign with the excuse of age and learning curve

Not got a problem but if he comes at the end of this window and moans about age and experience he needs sacking. Travis and Buckley are both his choice.

.We ship goals for fun because our defensive organisation is shambolic. The gap between midfield and defensive is so big opposition teams sit in it and let us blow ourselves out.

Everything above him is chaos but I don’t believe he’s helping with his system with no room for errors defensively.

Finally we have the worst goalkeeper I’ve ever seen. How we continue playing him is a mystery. Absolutely appalling can’t command his box , can’t catch and not physically capable. Paid £800000 for him. Bloody hell

• Like 3

The transfer in policy is very, very alarming. We had a very poor summer window and I'm not impressed with the two players we've brought in this window either. They may be good players in the future but are they going to make any great impact on a short term loan deal given their age? I highly doubt it. The Brighton guy couldn't get in Coventry's team and they're only just above us.

If the transfer policy does not improve between now and the end of the summer transfer window then we will be in serious relegation trouble next season. Not a chance JDT will be with us next season either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Come on Andy, if the players and staff had the same heart and passion as the fans (even the most pessimistic on here) we wouldn't be in the mess we currently are.

Nothing to do with heart and passion. Everything to do with a small squad stretched to breaking point by long term injuries and a congested fixture list.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He wasn't left much option after clearly being frozen out of being used at all even when the results are so poor so that suggests to me they ear marked him to be out the door in Jan.

Obviously there was a falling out at the end of last season and in summer would have been the best time to move him on but obviously Millwall weren't serious enough.  I'm sure if he'd been stamping his feet then to leave there would have been takers if he'd been made available for loan.

He obviously didn't want to leave that badly then.

Would you have dropped Tronstad for Travis?

According to JDT Travis made it clear he wanted to playing as a 6 and Tronstad has that spot 

Now if Travis asked to leave in the summer it can't have been over playing time as he had started the majority of the games the season beforehand, up to October he had a decent run of minutes too. Reading between the lines he wasn't happy another player was brought in to play in the position he wants to play 

JDT has to be telling the truth as Travis could easily come out and have his way 

I like Travis but come on some are going overboard on what we are losing ,he has had a number of poor performances himself.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You take everything everybody at the club says at face value so that doesn’t mean an awful lot.

Wrong again but there is zero evidence what JDT has said today to the media is wrong and given his track record why wouldn't you believe him? 

Didn't rate Travis but if the happy clappers are right we should see a player with 200 Championship appearances or the equivalent at a level above come in before January is over. Look forward to it... 😂 🐷🛫

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong again but there is zero evidence what JDT has said today to the media is wrong and given his track record why wouldn't you believe him? 

Oh I’m not wrong, and why ‘again’?

Of course the public don’t get told the full story of what goes on behind closed doors, we don’t know the half of it. People in football all have their own agendas from CEOs to DoFs to managers to players, they are protecting their position, their reputation, their future employment chances - and if you still haven’t worked that out by now there’s not a lot else to say.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Travis will no doubt be bench warming at Ipswich and then sent back to Ewood. He's a mediocre player imo and needs selling. 

He started 39 league games for us last season when we finished seventh.

He clearly isn’t mediocre.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He wasn't playing and wasn't going to be playing in the position he wants 

Have you watched the BBC lancs interview with JDT?

Why would he be critical of the Buckley deal but not with Travis?.He goes into detail over Travis wanting to play as a 6.

Yeah he is our captain  but he was been on the bench more often than not, we are loaning out a sub as he isn't as good as Wharton or Tronstad owners ain't giving us.Experience is necessary but if Travis wasn't going to play in his preferred position you are left with an unhappy player and unfortunately due to mismanagement and the owners not giving a fuck we have to wheel and deal his wages might cover 3 incomings even if they are young loans,plenty of young players have excelled in loan moves. 

And Sorba Thomas to us last season.Huddersfield struggling at the bottom loaned to us in the playoffs.He might not have been their captain but a good season the year before and an international player 

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Would you have dropped Tronstad for Travis?

According to JDT Travis made it clear he wanted to playing as a 6 and Tronstad has that spot 

Now if Travis asked to leave in the summer it can't have been over playing time as he had started the majority of the games the season beforehand, up to October he had a decent run of minutes too. Reading between the lines he wasn't happy another player was brought in to play in the position he wants to play 

JDT has to be telling the truth as Travis could easily come out and have his way 

I like Travis but come on some are going overboard on what we are losing ,he has had a number of poor performances himself.

You (and not in isolation) keep saying that Travis isnt starting in our best 11.

One of our biggest if not the biggest issues on the field is how thin and flimsy the squad is. Travis is comfortably our third best central midfielder, has been a regular in teams finishing 8th and 7th and has now gone to 2nd. Garrett isnt comparable, just cheaper. Rankin Costello is needed at full back, he is miles better than Brittain and if he did move, then we have one right back only. Its another area now that we look flimsy in.

Its also a further blow in reducing the pitiful lack of experience in the squad.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

People in football all have their own agendas from CEOs to DoFs to managers to players, they are protecting their position, their reputation, their future employment chances - and if you haven’t worked that out by now there’s not a lot else to say.

Because you disagree with him.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

People in football all have their own agendas from CEOs to DoFs to managers to players, they are protecting their position, their reputation, their future employment chances - and if you haven’t worked that out by now there’s not a lot else to say.

Explained my opinion and nothing more to add to my original post

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You (and not in isolation) keep saying that Travis isnt starting in our best 11.

One of our biggest if not the biggest issues on the field is how thin and flimsy the squad is. Travis is comfortably our third best central midfielder, has been a regular in teams finishing 8th and 7th and has now gone to 2nd. Garrett isnt comparable, just cheaper. Rankin Costello is needed at full back, he is miles better than Brittain and if he did move, then we have one right back only. Its another area now that we look flimsy in.

Its also a further blow in reducing the pitiful lack of experience in the squad.

My point is Travis has gone to the manager and asked to leave twice.He has told the manager he wants to play in a 6 he is unhappy and we obviously need his wage to bring other players in 

Now experience is great but Travis has gone from captain and playing every week to being 3rd or 4th choice and not starting matches,his pride will have taken a massive hit and I'm one of those people who believes if you have an unhappy player then you move on and with the fact we have been left high and dry by the owners we have to wheel and deal,i agree experience is needed but young loans can work out too and potentially Travis wage could bring in a few

• Like 1