BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

He started 39 league games for us last season when we finished seventh.

He clearly isn’t mediocre.

Sorry, but I've never rated him. Yes he's a hard worker and a trier yet he can't pass a ball, is scared to shoot on goal and his arse is to near to the pitch to win any headers. He's been OK I suppose but he's nowhere near as good as Tronstad. Miles off. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Would you have dropped Tronstad for Travis?

According to JDT Travis made it clear he wanted to playing as a 6 and Tronstad has that spot 

Now if Travis asked to leave in the summer it can't have been over playing time as he had started the majority of the games the season beforehand, up to October he had a decent run of minutes too. Reading between the lines he wasn't happy another player was brought in to play in the position he wants to play 

JDT has to be telling the truth as Travis could easily come out and have his way 

I like Travis but come on some are going overboard on what we are losing ,he has had a number of poor performances himself.

As was said earlier at a normal club he'd be told to get on with it and wait his turn but here because he's on more than 5k a week he's deemed surplus wages. We are screaming for depth and experience in the SQUAD and he provides that, hell there were the same legit needs whee even Buckley is concerned.

I'd take Travis over Buckley any day as a back up man and we know he'll play anywhere he's asked but hes been completely frozen out. He knows the score at the club and how it works and hes seen this coming from the end of last season hence his frustrations.

I like JDT but he talks his own BS to cover his own arse at times like they all do and i think hes wanted Trav away for a while.

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

What happened to your opinion that Travis could play in the premier league?

Depends on the team he playing for. 

But that's was 3 and half years ago. Since then we are playing different style and he isn't playing the 6 role anymore and doesn't suit our style. He was 4th choice here and hasn't played in centre midfield since Leicester home game

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends on the team he playing for. 

But that's was 3 and half years ago. Since then we are playing different style and he isn't playing the 6 role anymore and doesn't suit our style. He was 4th choice here and hasn't played in centre midfield since Leicester home game

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, you still think he could be a PL player but only in a team which plays a different style to us?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I like JDT but he talks his own BS to cover his own arse at times like they all do and i think hes wanted Trav away for a while.

But if the manager does want him away then surely it's normal to allow him to do that?

Now I'm not saying you have to agree with JDT ,nor that I even do but surely as manager if he does want to move a player on then he should be allowed to do that?

Look I do like Travis but if he is asking and begging for a move away and saying to JDT he wants to be a six then I think we move on.Its a loan see what happens come summer ,if you are in the worried about going down camp then I can understand why the Travis loss would be more impactful on you than me 

See I don't think we will be in any bother of going down with the players returning and JDT has enough credit in the bank with me after our 7th place finish and parts of this season and I feel our form will turn .That's not to say I agree with everything he does . Kaminski should have come back in last season and Travis could have been used more from the bench or even starting right side in a midfield 3 along with Tronstad and Wharton with Szmodic as a false 9

25 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We’re definitely signing a striker this window. That’s where the Travis money will be allocated. 

Give it a few days and the recall of Jack Vale will be heralded as 'like a new signing'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

But if the manager does want him away then surely it's normal to allow him to do that?

Now I'm not saying you have to agree with JDT ,nor that I even do but surely as manager if he does want to move a player on then he should be allowed to do that?

Look I do like Travis but if he is asking and begging for a move away and saying to JDT he wants to be a six then I think we move on.Its a loan see what happens come summer ,if you are in the worried about going down camp then I can understand why the Travis loss would be more impactful on you than me 

See I don't think we will be in any bother of going down with the players returning and JDT has enough credit in the bank with me after our 7th place finish and parts of this season and I feel our form will turn .That's not to say I agree with everything he does . Kaminski should have come back in last season and Travis could have been used more from the bench or even starting right side in a midfield 3 along with Tronstad and Wharton with Szmodic as a false 9

Out of interest, how close (points wise) to the bottom 3 would we need to get for you to start worrying?

For the record, I agree we’ll be okay because of the players who are due to return from injury.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics just signed a new contract here, made vice captain and happy here  

I have question the hierarchy here but JDT has told the fans the situation and I have no reason not to trust his word

So?

If one of the likes of Ipswich, Leicester, Luton, Brentford, Palace etc come in with an acceptable offer to Rovers then little Sammie's leg wont touch the ground as he races off to bank his little fortune!

You have been around long enough Chaddy to realise loyalty in football in the main is to the bank account!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As was said earlier at a normal club he'd be told to get on with it and wait his turn but here because he's on more than 5k a week he's deemed surplus wages. We are screaming for depth and experience in the SQUAD and he provides that, hell there were the same legit needs whee even Buckley is concerned.

I'd take Travis over Buckley any day as a back up man and we know he'll play anywhere he's asked but hes been completely frozen out. He knows the score at the club and how it works and hes seen this coming from the end of last season hence his frustrations.

But he's proven time and time again he can't play as a 6 in this formation, so why would they lie to him and tell him to wait his turn?

They've tried to give him game time - at LB, RB and as an 8, but he's clearly not first choice in any of those positions either.

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Out of interest, how close (points wise) to the bottom 3 would we need to get for you to start worrying?

For the record, I agree we’ll be okay because of the players who are due to return from injury.

If we were in the bottom 3 by the 16th of march looking at the fixtures.

I just don't think we will get dragged into it despite the horrible run recently we had won 6 in 8 pre this horrible run .When we get the players back and hopefully a signing or two that contribute then be mid table.

I think it's a real shame JRC and Dolan picked up the injuries when they did.Dolan can be shocking at times but when he does hit a bit of form we and he was playing as the 9 we looked a better side for it

Il be honest last couple of games I thought Telalovic looked neat and tidy ,if he could get into more dangerous positions he might be decent second half of season and Sigurrdson hopefully can notch a few more,Gally isn't great but stats say we win more when he plays

Although I agree JDT could be more flexible tactically and he needs to be a bit more defensive some games his tactics have been let down by shocking finishing and not burying teams when creating enough chances to win 5 matches , certainly earlier in the season. 

• Like 2

Trying to work out these moves by Broughton as on the face of it ain't looking great, he's had the following forced upon him:

Hill recalled against rovers wishes - screws with the squad balance, frees up some wage money

Buckley loan cancelled against rovers wishes - he's injured, screws with wage budget

We lack some quality, experience and depth. We can't afford proper quality even on loan, we can't afford the wages of proper experience so perhaps he's thinking what he can do is bulk out the squad slightly with cheap loans. Add the young crewe cb who fits the model. 

Travis making a fuss wanting more games in his natural role so they use his wage to free up some incomings with perhaps a small loan fee going towards the cb. Maybe we wouldn't be able to replace hill properly unless we could get one out.

Or what I think most likely is happening is he's been handed a big bag of nothing, he's a relatively inexperienced director of football who wants to do something so he's player trading for the sake of it and is potentially making a bad situation worse. As always time will tell but I'm not optimistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Always good to see all is well with the world of Rovers in Chaddyland

The events of the last few days, weeks and months in all departments of the Club met with almost universal derision and condemnation, but can always rely on Chaddy to fish a positive or two out of the Ewood Park swamp.

Most of the time I just scroll past Chaddy’s waffle - apologies, no offence intended. However, on days like this when 80% of the board are on suicide watch, I actually bother to glance over Chaddy’s optimistic offerings. I am very grateful for the different, sunnier perspective. Somebody mentioned being in the trenches earlier - you know it’s good to have an eternal optimist around in such situations.

The budget constraints are clearly damaging the squad and everyone is sick of seeing a revolving assortment of naive light-weight tiny kids being bullied off the ball. However, we are not currently being run by incompetents of the likes of Owen Coyle and Paul Senior and I firmly believe GB and JDT (whilst he lasts) are more intelligent, more ambitious, more knowledgeable and more honest than previous regimes under V’s. The hatred of some towards GB seems to be based on prejudice rather than evidence. Maybe he’s too posh, too southern, too ugly - I am not sure - but we are in a terrible run of form and that is clouding many people’s judgement of where we’re at. 

Long term V’s ownership is slow brutal torture, but this is not yet the free fall situation of our first season after relegation from the PL or of the Coyle relegation season. Hang tight, it only takes one lucky season - same as always in this league. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

I think we start worrying when the likes of jrc and Dolan come back and we are still down there. Things will improve when the few players we have injured come back to the first team

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, you still think he could be a PL player but only in a team which plays a different style to us?

Maybe so or Maybe not. More head coaches/managers want to play like JDT does. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

So?

If one of the likes of Ipswich, Leicester, Luton, Brentford, Palace etc come in with an acceptable offer to Rovers then little Sammie's leg wont touch the ground as he races off to bank his little fortune!

You have been around long enough Chaddy to realise loyalty in football in the main is to the bank account!

I'm confident he is staying here. 

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

Most of the time I just scroll past Chaddy’s waffle - apologies, no offence intended. However, on days like this when 80% of the board are on suicide watch, I actually bother to glance over Chaddy’s optimistic offerings. I am very grateful for the different, sunnier perspective. Somebody mentioned being in the trenches earlier - you know it’s good to have an eternal optimist around in such situations.

The budget constraints are clearly damaging the squad and everyone is sick of seeing a revolving assortment of naive light-weight tiny kids being bullied off the ball. However, we are not currently being run by incompetents of the likes of Owen Coyle and Paul Senior and I firmly believe GB and JDT (whilst he lasts) are more intelligent, more ambitious, more knowledgeable and more honest than previous regimes under V’s. The hatred of some towards GB seems to be based on prejudice rather than evidence. Maybe he’s too posh, too southern, too ugly - I am not sure - but we are in a terrible run of form and that is clouding many people’s judgement of where we’re at. 

Long term V’s ownership is slow brutal torture, but this is not yet the free fall situation of our first season after relegation from the PL or of the Coyle relegation season. Hang tight, it only takes one lucky season - same as always in this league. 

OK I'll bite.

The "evidence" against GB.

Hirst, Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, Mola

The Transfer window debacle last January.

One entry on the credit side, a signing we paid top dollar for who has unexpectedly exceeded expectations this season after a poor first campaign in Szmodics.

Next best, big money paid for Hyam who I'd say is average at best and now seems to be proving a bit injury prone.

"Prejudice" indeed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

OK I'll bite.

The "evidence" against GB.

Hirst, Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, Mola

The Transfer window debacle last January.

One entry on the credit side, a signing we paid top dollar for who has unexpectedly exceeded expectations this season after a poor first campaign in Szmodics.

Next best, big money paid for Hyam who I'd say is average at best and now seems to be proving a bit injury prone.

"Prejudice" indeed.

Szmodics didn't have a poor first campaign, he was good for the second half of last season.

Dom Hyam won Player of the Year, but he's average at best? No credit for Tronstad?

• Like 8

Every time I come on here this last few days, I'm expecting to see AW sold, JDT resigned or some other major catastrophy.  

And I'm a very optimistic and positive person who is also called Chadwick but fuck me this is going to be a hard 3+ weeks of transfer rumours 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Szmodics didn't have a poor first campaign, he was good for the second half of last season.

Dom Hyam won Player of the Year, but he's average at best? No credit for Tronstad?

Szmodics was dreadful in the first half of last season, if he'd have performed a bit better we'd have made the play offs.

Conversely I thought Hyam was really poor in the second half of last season and seemingly hasn't been good this season.

I haven't seen much of Tronstad this season as Waggott has temporarily finished me off attending in person but from what I've seen on TV he's a bit of a nothing player, the stats also say no goals no assists and we're in 17th so it doesn't strike me he's pulling up any trees.

• Like 2