BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Juke on an 18 month deal would be good business for us. We need someone who has a presence up front as none of our strikers have that. He'd also help with depending set pieces - we're the worst in the league for corners conceded - and would also mean we can go a bit more direct if plan A is not working.

He's miles better than any other strikers we have at the moment. 

He has 2 this season, 5 last season, 2 the season before. Hes also totally immobile. He isnt better than Gallagher.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Juke on an 18 month deal would be good business for us. We need someone who has a presence up front as none of our strikers have that. He'd also help with depending set pieces - we're the worst in the league for corners conceded - and would also mean we can go a bit more direct if plan A is not working.

He would have been about 5 years ago. Has he got 45 minutes in him these days ? I get the feeling he hasn’t. He came on in the cup game at Ewood last year for the last 30 minutes and got everything in the air. His flick ons caused us endless problems but the team  don’t play route one football according to JDT so I can’t see that working for Rovers.

If I was Gally I’d be deeply embarrassed that a 35 yr old bloke is a better bet than me. Having said that Gally has a lot to be embarrassed about.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

If Rovers sign this guy, will @chaddyrovers seek help from The Samaritans or will he turn over a new leaf and welcome even ex Clarets if they can help Rovers!?

His goal record isn't great (think he's about a 1 in 5 man) but my goodness we do need a half decent experienced physical presence up front.

It's almost scraping the bottom of the barrel but think we could do worse if Gallagher goes.

To be honest Mercer, He ain't coming here. simple as. He is average player and not a goalscorer we required. Plus his age. No thanks

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Rhys Healey close to a move to Huddersfield, 2 and a half year deal.Might be done in time to play us 

They also signed a centre back from a Dutch club today 

Healey should have been who went for in this window. Good player, goalscorer and exactly what we need up front

Jutkewatsit is decent in the air but that’s pretty much it. Considering we play out from the back , play short corners and the last time we crossed the ball Conway put it in then what’s the point of his signing , that’s before you factor in age, wages, Venky’s under 12s rule

• Like 2

We had to jettison Buckley then Travis to get their wages off the books and allow us to bring in cheap signings like Telalovic and the two we signed at the start of January.

Where are we getting the wages to sign anyone with any pedigree?

The Kaminski / Phillips cash got us nowhere, the Diaz, Dack, Ayala wage savings got us nowhere, and we need authority from an Indian Court to meet our wage and tax obligations. I'd say the chances of spending money or offering reasonable wages are slim to none.

• Like 8

On 17/01/2024 at 19:21, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep me too.

I'd go further and offload him for free just to get his wages off our books.

Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. There have already been cash bids but you'd give him away for free.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Rhys Healey close to a move to Huddersfield, 2 and a half year deal.Might be done in time to play us 

They also signed a centre back from a Dutch club today 

Probably come on and score the winner as he did for Watford.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Juke in for low hundreds of thousands, Gally out for decent £ is good business. 

Nah it's not. At 34 and with 6 months left on his deal, if I wanted him I wouldn't be giving them any money. Maybe 100k tops.

He's one of those players I always dread coming on against us. I think mostly because he is just the type of player we cope badly with (I'm sure he's notched a few against us too). But then you look at his scoring record, and see he hasn't hit decent numbers since 2019/20, is increasingly immobile as he ages, doesn't have the technique to match our approach and we don't cross the ball to take advantage of his main attributes, and it looks awfully pointless to sign him. I mean, I'd possibly take him if we weren't losing anyone to make it happen, and free up a loan for one of the younger lads, but otherwise I'd rather stick than twist on this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Juke in for low hundreds of thousands, Gally out for decent £ is good business. 

We won’t be doing that unless there’s been a HUGE change from the owners. It was nobody unless there’s potential resale value in the summer (loans aside, of course).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Adding the Brum guy now would make sense but bringing him in to replace Gallagher at 5 years older makes no sense. how could it.

6 years older. Nearly 7...

• Like 2

Always sceptical of TeamTalk gossip. Don’t see how he fits into the way we play, but if we do take a Plan B approach when chasing a game/defending a lead, maybe there’s something in a player like him.

As I did in September, I’ve taken Transfer Deadline Day off work. Fully anticipate us to be actively trying to make something work in the loan market right up to the wire, based on nothing other than what is publicly known already and I’d rather be anxiously refreshing the forum in the comfort of my own home.

Juke is very handy in the air, but that’s about it. He’d be great to have for set pieces in both boxes, but I don’t think he’d be a great replacement for Gallagher.

I remember Juke being a handful at Ewood last season and bossing Phillips in the air for an assist.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

That was my first ever game, my mum took me.

My first game too. Can still remember the sound of the ball smacking his great big forehead and rocketing in. Bloody freezing night and packed in the biggest crowd I’ve ever experienced at Ewood. Exciting stuff for a young lad and looks like it started a life of following the Rovers for more than one of us. 👍

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

6 years older. Nearly 7...

It would be just the kind of daft thing they'd do i'm sure this new set up is just a box ticking exercise on a football level, oh you need a striker to replace one ?  Ok here he is.

These are the people remember who brought in Ennis and the DoF and CEO gave him a 4 year contract. Plus losing a guy for 1.5 mill and bringing a free in on a few grand a week less will be the stuff of dreams for the finance staff.

Non who support Rovers and all just earning a wage ticking boxes.

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

We don't need shite dingles and he is shite

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We had to jettison Buckley then Travis to get their wages off the books and allow us to bring in cheap signings like Telalovic and the two we signed at the start of January.

Where are we getting the wages to sign anyone with any pedigree?

The Kaminski / Phillips cash got us nowhere, the Diaz, Dack, Ayala wage savings got us nowhere, and we need authority from an Indian Court to meet our wage and tax obligations. I'd say the chances of spending money or offering reasonable wages are slim to none.

Buckley wanted to leave for first team football..

Kaminski and Phillips money went towards the shortfall as GB said in his post Summer transfer interview