BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

14 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Yet there are six points separating us.

our problems are that we are overly reliant on youth players and desperately need experience and are being hampered by injuries. Carter and Pickering are two first choice defenders gone for a while and we have lost Hill, Hyam has only just got back as well as pears- tough time.

I wasn’t talking about results Imy, simply about the type of player that we don’t have. Where are the “they shall not pass” players in our squad? Where are the hard men?

Edited by den
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When's the Indian Court Hearing? Wednesday?

Presumably nothing will happen either way until after that as if we'd sold players by now the Court would probably say we only needed correspondingly less funding.

Don’t think affects transfers whatever and whenever it happens. By all accounts it’s just about the funding of the day to day running of the club. Exciting times nonetheless…

• Like 1

Thing that annoys me with Rovers, they say there is no money for players, take Buckley for example, we loan him out to get off wage bill, he gets injured and we recall to put back on the wage bill! We should have just kept the loan on and he still could have come back for rehabilitation but Sheff Wednesday would be paying his wages. A bit like when that Leeds lad Povada was loaned to us, he got injured but Leeds would not cancel loan, he went back there to get fit but we still had to pay his wages. 

We are a soft touch.

Edited by Pitty
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

1st February  22:59 - I hear they're about to sanction a war chest that can only be spent this window

Then we'll be told there was money but JDT decided to keep his powder dry !

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, den said:

I wasn’t talking about results Imy, simply about the type of player that we don’t have. Where are the “they shall not pass” players in our squad? Where are the hard men?

It's 2024, there are no hard men in football anymore. It's all about diving (or 'simulation' as the professionals call it) now.

Souness, Batty, Keane et al would get sent off every game these days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Thing that annoys me with Rovers, they say there is no money for players, take Buckley for example, we loan him out to get off wage bill, he gets injured and we recall to put back on the wage bill! We should have just kept the loan on and he still could have come back for rehabilitation but Sheff Wednesday would be paying his wages. A bit like when that Leeds lad Povada was loaned to us, he got injured but Leeds would not cancel loan, he went back there to get fit but we still had to pay his wages. 

We are a soft touch.

I think they cancelled the loan. 

1 hour ago, den said:

Just watching first half of Leeds vs PNE.

Its immediately obvious that north end are everything that we aren’t.  They’re well organised, solid and most importantly appear on today’s evidence to have individual players that can go head to head with their direct opponent. They give nothing away. 

Comparing that to our squad is comparing chalk to cheese. Our problems seem fundamental to me and not something that can be solved overnight with a couple of cheap loans or freebies. 

They also manage to sell a player now and then and cope quite fine in the Championship without spending big nor losing 20 mill per season off similar income to us.

Did I mention they get bigger crowds as well due to offering great discount on season tickets to their long suffering fans ?

But Blackburn Rovers can only ever survive going nowhere losing 20 mill plus per season by being under Venkys company umbrella !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They also manage to sell a player now and then and cope quite fine in the Championship without spending big nor losing 20 mill per season off similar income to us.

Did I mention they get bigger crowds as well due to offering great discount on season tickets to their long suffering fans ?

But Blackburn Rovers can only ever survive going nowhere losing 20 mill plus per season by being under Venkys company umbrella !

PNE lost £15m in the most recent accounts. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, den said:

Agreed with that point Den, we are missing that type of player, especially in the spine of the team.

• Like 1

Screenshot2024-01-2114_57_32.thumb.png.81952f0041a9ecb5b09d208e2677242b.png

13 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Lost £20m the previous season.

Wasn't it 16 million and they've reduced it slightly ?

Either way they tend to be just fine with less than us and i believe the Hemmings group loses at Preston stand at around 80 million ?

Be interesting what Venkys loses are over the same timeline.

Seems that the price on ticket of owning and running a mid sized championship club is now 15/20 million a season in losses so what Venkys do isn't in fact unique and other clubs manage to find ownership able to do similar. In the eyes of an element of Rovers fans that fact seems to be unacknowledged in favour of the complete doom scenario.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 18:21, funny-old-game said:

Can't think of any women that could drink that much to take him home

thomphil.. I'd quit while you're not ahead if I were you.

Don't think they fund an academy either, just saying...

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wasn't it 16 million and they've reduced it slightly ?

Either way they tend to be just fine with less than us and i believe the Hemmings group loses at Preston stand at around 80 million ?

Be interesting what Venkys loses are over the same timeline.

Seems that the price on ticket of owning and running a mid sized championship club is now 15/20 million a season in losses so what Venkys do isn't in fact unique and other clubs manage to find ownership able to do similar. In the eyes of an element of Rovers fans that fact seems to be unacknowledged in favour of the complete doom scenario.

It was £20m before tax and £16m after tax. They are in the same group as the other Hemmings family UK businesses and can offset the football club's losses against the profits of those other businesses. Unfortunately that option isn't open to us as there are no significant UK profit making businesses in the Venkys group.

7 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

thomphil.. I'd quit while you're not ahead if I were you.

Don't think they fund an academy either, just saying...

I think i'll stick to my point if it's all the same and i'd look a the evidence if i were you.

If they did have an academy they get almost half of it funded by grants like we do.