BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it was clear from the moment he landed at ewood that jdt did`nt take to him,if we are so keen to get him away then we would`nt be insisting on half a million quid,before or after,nixon is typing garbage

Ennis is the epitome of a talented, lazy person. He was signed early in the summer, would have known a move was possible, yet he arrived unfit. Reeled out a few soundbites that he was playing catchup fitness wise, picked up a knock or two and that was it. Seems as though he had the bit between his teeth for all of a couple of weeks before returning to type. I'm pretty sure he'll be quite happy with the move. Probably doubled his wages.

48 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Nixon is a prominent account on twitter, therefore he’s often the first one who people are likely to see ‘report’ on transfers. It doesn’t mean it wasn’t available elsewhere first.

O’Rioirdan was first broken by Andy Dunn in the Mirror’s transfer blog. Nixon was a day after that.

For Wharton, journalist Bobby Manzi puts the Palace link up first, and an hour later it’s on Nixons Patreon.

So he got then right’, but didn’t break it. And as a source, he’s only as good as the person he leaches off. You could look on twitter every time he mentions Blackburn, and there will be a good chunk of rumours that just never came close to anything. He sold Wharton to Everton or Newcastle last year, and had Darlow in replacing Kaminski

Now he will also have other contacts outside other journalists so he will certainly get some ‘exclusives’. The problem is, if you look at Nixons feed, he posts about 20 rumours a day. That’s an excessive amount. It’s in his interest to keep his followers / worshippers keen for knowledge and coming back every day. So some of the stuff I think he know is just bullshit, but he needs it for content. Highlighting the stuff he does get right with an ‘Aye’ is his way of trying to cover the bullshit.

Therefore if he mentions it, it’s worth noting and certainly could have legs. However it’s nowhere near gospel.

Nobody says it is gospel.Who on here says every tweet/transfer link nixon dishes out is gospel?

My argument is posters if they wish to believe and discuss his tweets/Articles then they should be allowed to do that without having to listen to shit like ",Nixon love in" Nickoteen etc etc etc 

If people think Nixon is just full of shit then scroll past the transfer link via nixon being discussed if they don't believe it anyway.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No I wasn't waiting it wouldn't have been mentioned at all but to be frank im sick of the pathetic comments you make regarding people who discuss Nixon's articles.The way you write your posts and respond to people specifically Chaddy you think your always right.It wasn't just a case of disagreeing with Chaddy you were practically laughing at his suggestion that we could sell Gallagher in this window 

Directly after I wrote my message you are going on with nonsense such as "Nixon love in"

Now I do not believe everything I read from Nixon, and yeah he gets plenty wrong but he also every single window gets stuff right.Like only 3 or 4 days ago he broke the Wharton bid.Like he broke the interest in Ennis.The interest in O'Riordan.

So his articles are clearly worth discussing and doesn't need you putting posters down when they  do.

With respect (I agree with you mainly), he didn’t break any of those three stories. He may have been the first person you read mentioning them, but he didn’t break any.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

My argument is posters if they wish to believe and discuss his tweets/Articles then they should be allowed to do that without having to listen to shit like ",Nixon love in" Nickoteen etc etc etc 

Nobody did that here. Someone called Nixon “clueless” and you lept to his defence, quoting two transfers that he ‘broke’ that he actually didn’t.
He just makes it his job to make people think he did.

Edited by Hasta

33 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Nobody did that here. Someone called Nixon “clueless” and you lept to his defence, quoting two transfers that he ‘broke’ that he actually didn’t.
He just makes it his job to make people think he did.

I stand corrected on the 3 links.

But no my initial response to this Nixon discussion was from someone saying "nixon love in"

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is it a lengthy, lucrative contract? And why are we as fans suddenly worried about National Insurance contributions!?

For a League One side? Yes of course it is. 3 and a half years left on his deal. We took him from a promoted Plymouth so you can be sure we offered more than they did and it would be a financial burden for a League One side to match it, especially when they consider his injury record.

We're not 'concerned' about NI contributions, we're just aware they're a factor in what a player costs.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I overreacted.Anyway Nat Phillips didn't sign today like Nixon said he would

He also said here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25559800/ipswich-blackburn-transfer-sam-gallagher/

Ipswich are close to reaching £2 million but Blackburn would struggle to find a replacement at this stage.

The same day he linked us with Jerry Yates who Swansea apparently are happily willing to sell.

We all know what will happen. Gallagher will go, we will not sign a replacement.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18538162.seven-rovers-prospects-agree-new-deals---four-offers-unsigned/

Apparently we did and Boyomo declined it , preferring to move to the south of Spain

Mental 😉 

He joined Albacete in the Spanish third tier, which is dogshit. So it does seem a little strange on the face of it, but tbf it has worked out fairly well for him (moved to second tier, freshly relegated Valladolid for 1.2 mill Euros).

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im very surprised someone has offered, and I was wrong with my prediction which I am guessing is what you want me to say having mentioned it a few times. You must have had that comment in your back pocket waiting for me to be wrong.

He is our best striker, as average as he is. The other 3 wouldnt make a Championship striker between us. Yates is a similar level, an underwhelming Championship forward a bit more padded out with penalties but not as quick and strong. A normal club would sell Gallagher now and spend the money on a replacement. A loan wont be good enough IMO.

I agreed with everything you said until u mentioned Gallagher being quick and strong.  Those words don't belong to Gallagher (I know u said AS quick and strong) just clearing that up

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He also said here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25559800/ipswich-blackburn-transfer-sam-gallagher/

Ipswich are close to reaching £2 million but Blackburn would struggle to find a replacement at this stage.

The same day he linked us with Jerry Yates who Swansea apparently are happily willing to sell.

We all know what will happen. Gallagher will go, we will not sign a replacement.

We won’t let SG go unless we have a replacement. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He joined Albacete in the Spanish third tier, which is dogshit. So it does seem a little strange on the face of it, but tbf it has worked out fairly well for him (moved to second tier, freshly relegated Valladolid for 1.2 mill Euros).

Albecete were in the Spanish 2nd division when he signed for them https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/enzo-boyomo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/541555/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

I am assuming you got the 3rd division thing from his wiki bio which states he was originally assigned to their 2nd team (who do play in the Spanish 4th tier).   Although he was promoted to the first team very shortly afterwards (similarly to how we originally signed  Dolan for the U21s and then promoted him to the first team squad about a month later) and was a first team regular for them (played 30 off games as they were relegated to the 3rd tier)

Who knows why he turned down our contract offer?  Maybe its because Albecete offered him an easier route to the first team, maybe he just liked the weather better in Spain?

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Are you new to this circus? It's exactly the sort of thing we'd do under this regime.

Wharton will be sold at 10:30pm on deadline day too and we'll shrug our shoulders saying it was too late to spend that money. Then it'll disappear by summer.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Leonard is as good as SG. And that’s not a ringing endorsement of Leonard by any means. 

SG for his career is about .3 goals per 90 min the championship. This year Leonard is .32/90

Edited by yankfan
Stats included

Im pleased someone called out the ‘get £25m for Wharton and sign 6 players nonsense’.

We’ve just had to slash the wage bill so I can’t suddenly see us freeing up wages for 6 new players. If we take it from the Wharton money it leaves us about £500k for the signing. We are shopping in bargain basement land!

Ideally we can get a high earner in Gallagher off the books. His wages may allow us to bring in one or two players on loan. He’s on a decent amount.

The lad from Newport looks like he knows where the back of the net is 🙂  

Or if we want to take a gamble fork out the £1.5m for Macaulay Langstaff. 

Edited by Ricky
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Are you new to this circus? It's exactly the sort of thing we'd do under this regime.

Wharton will be sold at 10:30pm on deadline day too and we'll shrug our shoulders saying it was too late to spend that money. Then it'll disappear by summer.

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

You're obviously new to the way venkys do business.

Well aware thanks…With GB I don’t think it happens.

17 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Leonard at .32 goals per 90 min this year. That’s the same as Sams best years of 20/21 and 21/22.  

HL stats

SG stats

We're a totally different side with SG on the pitch compared to HL. But HL is learning on the job and I think there's a player there, he's improved leaps and bounds in his hold-up play and a more natural goalscorer than Gallagher is. For me it was glaringly obvious what we have missed when Gally started versus Huddersfield and Leonard against WBA. But it's a game of opinions.

If Ipswich fork out £2m and Sam doesn't want to sign a new contract (on lower pay I presume) then Yates is a good replacement I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Torgeir said:

We're a totally different side with SG on the pitch compared to HL. But HL is learning on the job and I think there's a player there, he's improved leaps and bounds in his hold-up play and a more natural goalscorer than Gallagher is. For me it was glaringly obvious what we have missed when Gally started versus Huddersfield and Leonard against WBA. But it's a game of opinions.

If Ipswich fork out £2m and Sam doesn't want to sign a new contract (on lower pay I presume) then Yates is a good replacement I think.

Admittedly the Huddersfield game was one of Gallys best of recent memory and yet he still was responsible for the goal conceded and didn’t score. He always puts in a shift but his record scoring which is what strikers are measured by is poor and Ive seen way too many instances of him not using his size speed or strength to do anything positive. Not to mention his unsmiling to control the ball