BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Not if we make 500k on him

He's on a 4 year contract so they'll probably have to pay it up if he's being shoved out that's why they'll want a fee.

Awful signing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Admittedly the Huddersfield game was one of Gallys best of recent memory and yet he still was responsible for the goal conceded and didn’t score. He always puts in a shift but his record scoring which is what strikers are measured by is poor and Ive seen way too many instances of him not using his size speed or strength to do anything positive. Not to mention his unsmiling to control the ball 

He lost the duel with Helik but it was a good header and a difficult player to mark. I just think his presence alone and the way he works the defenders is different to anyone else we have in the squad except maybe Dolan, funnily enough. 

I agree with everything you posted though, but at this current time I still think he offers our team a lot more than HL unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He was certainly the "golden child" of his year (2018-2020). It was obvious from within, that he was the hope of that (average?) crop.

For record, his class was Luke Brennan, Dan Pike, Jalil Saadi, Jordan Eastham, Enzo Boyomo (who is doing well over in Spain), James Connolly, Chanka Zimba, Sam Burns and Sam Durrant. Not exactly the class of '92.

Disregard all the others I’d like to know your view on Whitehall. It doesn’t matter the ability of the other boys from his intake. What matters is how good the golden boy is. The boy has had bad luck with injuries, I want to see if he still the real deal.

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

Admittedly the Huddersfield game was one of Gallys best of recent memory and yet he still was responsible for the goal conceded and didn’t score. He always puts in a shift but his record scoring which is what strikers are measured by is poor and Ive seen way too many instances of him not using his size speed or strength to do anything positive. Not to mention his unsmiling to control the ball 

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

He lost the duel with Helik but it was a good header and a difficult player to mark. I just think his presence alone and the way he works the defenders is different to anyone else we have in the squad except maybe Dolan, funnily enough. 

I agree with everything you posted though, but at this current time I still think he offers our team a lot more than HL unfortunately.

That goal wasn’t Gallagher’s fault. He was zonal marking at the front post. Helik got clear of all our centre backs who didn’t track his run at all. We’d have had a lot better chance of defending the set piece properly if we employed basic marking rather than convoluted systems.

• Like 8

Regarding Jerry Yates, the common consensus between Blackpool and Swansea fans (the former obviously were much fonder of him than the latter) is that he cannot play as a lone striker and works better off a target man. I remember he had Gary Madine with him at Blackpool. 

We play one up front...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

That goal wasn’t Gallagher’s fault. He was zonal marking at the front post. Helik got clear of all our centre backs who didn’t track his run at all. We’d have had a lot better chance of defending the set piece properly if we employed basic marking rather than convoluted systems.

What do they say?  Why mark space, when space has never scored? 

6 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Sheff wednesday having one last pop at Duncan McGuire. Reports from America said we had bid for him but nothing concrete this end

Orlando, and US Soccer who really pull the strings, said they will not entertain any loan offers, so presumably that means we’re out. 

7 hours ago, Miller11 said:

It's was in his zone and it was a 50/50 challenge between him and Helik, but still harsh to blame the goal on him as there's a difference between getting beat in a duel and losing your marking. Zonal marking on set pieces never works and I thought JDT was quite stats driven but maybe that's not the case?

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's on a 4 year contract so they'll probably have to pay it up if he's being shoved out that's why they'll want a fee.

Awful signing.

I still shudder at the amount of players that tossed it off and have had their contracts paid up under these charlatans running the club.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cesus said:

I still shudder at the amount of players that tossed it off and have had their contracts paid up under these charlatans running the club.  

Well if he gets shunted out for a small fee and paid up the only people to benefit from this are him financially and whatever agents are involved.

That stinks and opens up questions again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Meanwhile Gallagher stays and we miss out on Ali Al Hamadi.

Ipswich getting a way way better striker.

Where have you read that Gallagher is now staying.

Much preferred yesterday, posting a link to the Wharton to Spurs rumour 👍

45 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Meanwhile Gallagher stays and we miss out on Ali Al Hamadi.

Ipswich getting a way way better striker.

A league 2 striker is better than one who has been scoring goals at Championship level?

I feel like all context has long gone when it comes to judging Gallagher. Weve been used to seeing him in teams of ours especially in the last 2 years where we have been pushing around the play offs, and theres no doubting (ironically considering that Ipswich now want him) that he isnt a top quality Championship striker, especially when it comes to goalscoring. He isnt a striker a team desperate for promotion should aspire too, and when our team was more functional, we rightly wanted an upgrade yet the funds never came.

But he is a decent striker at this level, there are worse strikers than him and that should be evidently clear when we have been working on such low budgets for years, weve seen players like Ennis, Telalovic and Hirst brought in for a pittance or graduates brough through who arent Championship ready like Leonard and Vale. You could make a striker from them 5 put together that would struggle at this level. It wont be really easy even with the fee he will generate to get even an average Championship striker like him, before you start questioning if that will even happen.

You even look at someone like Jerry Yates who we are linked with. His goal record is not too dissimilar without the penalties, plus there are question marks over his general play. Hes slower and weaker than Gallagher, he cant play as a lone striker as well and hes not as good in the air. 

He isnt brilliant at this level, and he has his limitations, which is why for a functional club, losing him would not be much of a big deal. But for us, it is a concern because if we lose him and either dont replace him or get someone sub par, the alternatives in that position are frightening.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Cardiff battling us for Nat Phillips.

Will be frustrating if we miss out on him. If people were saying he was “scraping the barrel” then I dread to think what they think for options Y…That’s if we even get that far…

Who are we kidding?

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

They’ve not spent much at all, their owners obviously see the position they’re in and want to try and give that promotion push that bit extra. Something our owners have failed to do whenever we’ve had a sniff of top six during a January transfer window. #VenkysOut

They did, they offered a huge warchest each time that managers decided not to bother with. Alledgedly.