BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Pleased for Wharton. He is a level above where we are currently and honestly the lad has been no trouble at all here, even going as far as dodging questions on his future here as to keep the focus on the here and now. Not many have left here in recent memory that I genuinely think can go on and have a successful move away from Ewood, with Palace I think he has all the requirements to make it a huge success and be moving on again in 2 or 3 years for the Champions League teams.

• Like 7

Not the move we all thought he'd get first off but then I can see the attraction, at CP he plays every week rather than being loaned out or back playing U23 football. We know how good he is but I just don't see him playing at Brighton, Newcastle, etc at this stage, not down to ability but down to the competition and conservative nature of PL clubs. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure this is the best timing for Wharton to leave (for us or for him) and I'm not sure it's the best move, but do wish him luck.

Some on here regard him a little too highly. It's a fair price, he's talented, but a lot of development ahead if he is to establish himself in the Premier League. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolutely.

Can they deliver, will Waggot release funds to actually manoeuvre.

Will Wharton come back on loan?

What does that even mean? Why would it be down to Waggott "releasing funds?"

The owners will either make some funds available or not.

• Like 2

So our two Academy gems sign for London clubs within 6 months of each other.

As previously posted, the share of profit on sale should give us a decent chunk of 50 to 100 million in two or three years and selling him now means we can use 12m in the transfer market wisely with 2 days to deadline.

11m will inevitably be held back.

If I were Venkys lawyers I would be using March not to plead the case for operational costs to be covered but to get the shackles removed.

If the shackles are not removed, we really are in the land of wtf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

What does that even mean? Why would it be down to Waggott "releasing funds?"

The owners will either make some funds available or not.

Waggott and Suhail control the money. Venkys put a set amount in every season and then those two decide how it’s spent. 

• Like 2

The Wharton move is simply a stepping stone. If, as expected he shines for them, the big boys will come knocking.

I hope we have got a nice % sell on clause in there,, as I am convinced that will happen.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Now is the acid test. Gutted to see Wharton leaving, there is absolutely no excuse now not to go on a bit of a late window spending spree. We need a CB, a Wharton replacement, a winger and an extra forward, so if Gallagher goes too then 2 are needed. Not loans but permanent signings. 

Why do we need a CB? We have 4 already.

We STILL don't have a decent striker on the books though. Not sure this guy from the US is the answer, you'd have hoped we'd have been a bit more ambitious if Wharton is being sold.

Best of luck to Adam, hope he smashes it at Palace. 💙🤍

It's the only way we could have bid over £2m for the American lad.

Also reports saying Phillips off to Cardiff, hopefully we can maybe revisit Cresswell?

Going to need a cm as well obviously with Adam going, looking at Garrett last night he's not the answer.

Would also like somebody who can cover both full back positions with Brittain and Pickering out

• Like 5

1 minute ago, philipl said:

So our two Academy gems sign for London clubs within 6 months of each other.

As previously posted, the share of profit on sale should give us a decent chunk of 50 to 100 million in two or three years and selling him now means we can use 12m in the transfer market wisely with 2 days to deadline.

11m will inevitably be held back.

If I were Venkys lawyers I would be using March not to plead the case for operational costs to be covered but to get the shackles removed.

If the shackles are not removed, we really are in the land of wtf

Playing Devil's advocate here but isn't that the job of the Academy? Find a diamond, polish them up and sell them on for a decent chunk of money. Sadly with the way the club is being run you and with the well documented financial issues this isn't a deal that the club can turn down. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm not sure this is the best timing for Wharton to leave (for us or for him) and I'm not sure it's the best move, but do wish him luck.

Some on here regard him a little too highly. It's a fair price, he's talented, but a lot of development ahead if he is to establish himself in the Premier League. 

I have to admit, I rate him very highly and it that's too highly in some people eye's I will hold my hands up.

He is the real deal in my opinion and will shine for Palace.

My guess is he will be there no more than 2 full seasons and he will get a mega move.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We STILL don't have a decent striker on the books though. Not sure this guy from the US is the answer, you'd have hoped we'd have been a bit more ambitious if Wharton is being sold.

We have 3 for this season with Carter out. And Tomasson seems to want the flexibility to play 3 at the back.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Waggott and Suhail control the money. Venkys put a set amount in every season and then those two decide how it’s spent. 

They might control it, but it will be down to the owners to decide how much if any of such a substantial sale can be made available to be reinvested.

1 minute ago, philipl said:

One of Palace superstars must be on the move to a CL or big 6 club.

If not Adam better spend some of his 50k a week on bench bum ointment.

Their "superstars" if you mean Olise and Eze dont play in the same position and Doucoure I think has an injury.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Carter is out for 2 months leaves us with Hyam and Wharton.

O' Riordan hasn't played championship football.

We definitely need a centre back 

• Like 1

Great move for Adam, for Rovers and Palace. We get the cash, he gets a PL move to club where he will get games and WHEN he shines bright Palace will benefit, firstly on the pitch and then we’ll all benefit financially when he goes to a CL giant for £50-100m. I genuinely think he is good enough..

Now, PLEASE god, give the best manager we’ve had in god knows how long, the money to bring in 2-4 of the right level of players to bolster this team. 🙏🏽

• Like 6