BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I've seen a few digging Telalovic, understandable as he's not blown us away since he signed but I think we need to be careful and hold our tongues on that one a little bit. He might do nothing this season but there's a chance he gets a few goals later in the season, gets a good pre season and does a smaller scale Brereton type turn around. If Ben, Sammie and JRC have shown us anything, don't write him off just yet. 

Agree the lad needs to finish the season then have a full summer here ready to be really judged next season, i actually think he shows some decent touches and movement. Whether he'll ever get up to speed at this level though is another matter as he's about 24 now and he's a biggish lad but not right mobile.

I'm getting Joe Nuttal vibes with this one and if the finances ease a bit i can see him being shunted out like Ennis probably will longer term.

With him, Ennis and Leo that is a lot of questions that need answering with regards to this recruitment depts actual ability to find bargains who can contribute !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

The Wharton sale is certainly anything but exciting. Desperately sad to see such a talent leave so soon.

But we do have a place in the food chain and since these cunts bought us, that place has fallen and fallen. Clubs at our level have to sell and reinvest.

Is now, just over 2 days before the closure of the window a good time? And will much of the money be reinvested? Id suggest no to both and thats the main problem.

Liam Cooper would be a good short term addition and tick the boxes we need. We shouldnt be looking at the loan market really but it would at least mean we would have strengthened short and long term in that position. If he comes.

Seems like the striking position is a bit of a panic too. McGuire I have no idea about, seems a bit of a risk but also it seems like Sheffield Wednesday have outbid us as it stands. If we could get someone like him AND keep Gallagher (or replace with Yates, but seems like hes staying) then we could potentially have a much stronger strikeforce compared to the first half of the season and we could loan Leonard and sell/loan either Ennis or Telalovic, neither of whom are up to it. 

We would still need at least a winger with pace and of course a central midfielder to replace Wharton and there would be no excuse not to spend a bit of money to get them in. Will it happen? Almost certainly not.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We've tried the keep them as long as possible route.

They leave on frees. 

Not quite, to try to keep them you have to make them offers of new contracts and pay them the going rate.

There's no evidence we did either, other than the claims of a proven liar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Liam Cooper would be a good short term addition and tick the boxes we need. We shouldnt be looking at the loan market really but it would at least mean we would have strengthened short and long term in that position. If he comes.

Leeds fans call him a donkey.

As much as I'd of loved Adam to stay for longer you can't blame the club or player for accepting the offer. He's only one bad injury or dip in form off never getting a chance at the premier league. If some of the money is used to bring in a couple of decent players, which lets be honest is urgently needed then I'll be happy (not holding my breath). It is a refreshing change from the miserly 2 million we got for ash Phillips. Or the ridiculous 3 million for Raya before him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He definitely shagged your wife.

Rather think she's got more taste than that.

Beats me why people stick up for him. He has no previous experience as a DOF,  his recruitment has been absolutely dire AND he oversaw the transfer window debacle 12 months ago.

Seems as though because he isn't Venky's or Waggott people will gladly take anything short of Attilla the Hun in comparison.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, booth said:

However the three strikers were all brought in for nothing. He wanted better strikers then Enny and Telly in the Summer but wasn't given the money.

But that is his job to work within that budget and find players up to standard. Sadly the players haven't been up to standard and nor has Broughton.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Beats me why people stick up for him. He has no previous experience as a DOF,  his recruitment has been absolutely dire AND he oversaw the transfer window debacle 12 months ago.

Seems as though because he isn't Venky's or Waggott people will gladly take anything short of Attilla the Hun in comparison.

His recruitment has been hit and miss.

Wahlstedt looks a very poor signing.

The others we paid £1 million plus on haven't been dire .Szmodic ,Brittain and Hyam.

Szmodic is the top scorer in the championship FFS and bought for £2 mil plus extras 

• Like 3

So the Court hearing was postponed on the 23rd, the initial Wharton bid comes in "coincidentally" the same day, we don't manage to negotiate much of an upgrade and he's out of the door within seven days.

We can move quickly when we want to.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I’m inclined to agree and think he’s another typical Venkys appointment, ie a chancer / imposter, but he is obviously seriously handicapped by the hand he is dealt.

The trouble is, we never really know whether he is the guiding light behind “project youth obsession “, or whether that is being enforced on him.

Everything about him just says “bullshitter” to me, but it’s really just a gut feeling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

The others we paid £1 million plus on haven't been dire .Szmodic ,Brittain and Hyam.

Szmodic is the top scorer in the championship FFS and bought for £2 mil plus extras 

No point debating him as no matter what GB does he will always do bad…I mean it must be that every other clubs DOF’s signings must be perfection.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Brittain certainly has been.

Incredibly disappointing but I'll agree he looked an OK acquisition at the time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

But that is his job to work within that budget and find players up to standard. Sadly the players haven't been up to standard and nor has Broughton.

The championship top scorer was bought under Broughton's watch.

Anyone we have spent £1 million upwards on Hyam , Brittain and Szmodic have been decent signings.

I'm not being funny but what centre forwards are doing the buisness in the championship that cost less than a million quid?

Wahlstedt looks a rotten signing but overall it is really hard to judge Broughton with the money he has had to work with.Im not saying he is brilliant I'm just saying with the money he has had to work with then he has done ok, not brilliant but not shit either 

Tronstad looks another good signing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We don't know about Szmods but allegedly wasn't a GB choice and the other two were lined up by Mowbrays gang before Greggy got here.

Ennis, Leo and Tela are without much doubt and his resume though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

No point debating him as no matter what GB does he will always do bad…I mean it must be that every other clubs DOF’s signings must be perfection.

Would you say Mowbray and Venus's recruitment was good? I'd say on the whole that was very poor as well but even they came up with Dack and Armstrong at bargain prices. Brereton also arguably.

Broughton has made one very good signing. The rest of it has been incredibly poor. (So far)

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Would you say Mowbray and Venus's recruitment was good? I'd say on the whole that was very poor as well but even they came up with Dack and Armstrong at bargain prices. Brereton also arguably.

Broughton has made one very good signing. The rest of it has been incredibly poor. (So far)

I’ll judge Broughton when he has a decent chunk of money to spend…Not when he’s working on peanuts. 

Let’s see how he gets on these next few days and the summer. 

• Like 3