BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just seen that Louie Sibley and Max Bird both have contracts expiring at the end of the season, seems like a no-brainer to try and nab one of these (preferably Max) on the cheap after selling Adam?

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who wanted to leave twice within 5 months and was unhappy not playing the 6 role under JDT 

If you could actually answer my question-

How do you know he wouldn’t then buckle down to help his teammates for three months?

He’s the long established club captain. You obviously have a very poor opinion of his character.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Wouldn't shock me. We have history of this.

If he's very unhappy at going, could Wharton refuse to sign for Palace? It does happen in the transfer market sometimes

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

It's a stepping stone and I guess the pressure is on at Ewood for him to go.

I'm sure it is but if I had a £5 note for every time I've seen a player move to the wrong club and see their career go down the pan I'd be reasonably wealthy. It's like anyone changing jobs, you've really got to want to do it.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

It's all well and good listing those players, but which of those can come and get the ball off the defenders in tight spaces like Wharton did?  JDTs style of play is heavily reliant on that, and as recently as Monday night their goal came from a Garrett mistake in a dangerous area.   You say Travis' doesn't suit JDTs style of play, but which of those 4 (assuming Tronstad is a mainstay now) is going to play alongside him to great effect? 

JRC also had a couple of cameos in midfield before his injury and I'm not sure he has the discipline or know-how to play in a fairly exposed midfield. 

As things stand we've lost two first team midfielders (one the best player in the team IMO and irreplaceable with the current crop), and we've brought in a relative unknown from Brighton who struggled at Coventry earlier in the season.  It's not good enough, and if we don't address it I'm expecting a real slog from now until May. 

We had a good run earlier in the season with a cm of JRC and tronstad. Wouldn't mind that again but JRC is currently needed at right wing back or right cb in the current system and at right back in the 4-2-3-1. 

If we are commiting to playing this new shape then a pacey right wing back would really help to allow JRC to play inside

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

IMG_8576.jpeg

Honestly excited about this one. Could come to shit, but is clearly playing some good football and finding the back of the net. A big move for a US player (coming to England), so if he seizes the opportunity, we will benefit.

• Like 2

If Adam is unhappy enough about leaving then he doesn’t sign a contract with CP.

Nobody has a gun to his head, let’s not get into hysterionics and paint a picture of the lad being frog marched at gunpoint into the PL and 50k a week. 

I’m sure he would like to stay until the end of the season but liking in an ideal world and reality of the football industry are 2 very different things 

• Like 3

There's some clips on YouTube on McGuire, certainly a big athlete with a physical presence. Not too sure if that's much of a recommendation though - Telalovic looked good on YouTube too

38 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I keep seeing links to Kyle McFadzean...

I swear if we bring him in, at 36 years old, right after selling Adam... then I give up! 

Twitter rumours that he'll sign today. It's twitter though, so hopefully complete bollocks.

Why in god's name would we sign a 37 year old centre back but the owners refused to sign a 32 year old?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Still think we need a rw more than a striker.

I wish adam would stay, turn down crystal palace lad wait till summer 

We have the worst defence in the Championship according to The Times. Goalkeeper / defender more of a priority? 

• Like 2