BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Polky said:

Did we not do the same with Leo?

Agree personal terms, he flew over and then we reduced the terms?

Unless I’ve made that up? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Story was he didn't get announced until after international clearance

• Like 2

I think most people would like to picture transfer deadline day as like the Wall Street trading floor with half a dozen phones on the go. I picture it as swag and the egg playing dominos giving the fax machine an occasional tap.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

Rumour was we reduced the term of the deal for Batth once he arrived at Brockhall…

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It doesn’t have to be like this though- it’s like this because Venky’s are shite owners that don’t care and our season tickets are too expensive, so we don’t sell enough of them.

Also Venky's were originally prepared to fund that black hole and all budgeting would have been done on that basis.

It's one thing planning to gradually reduce our financial dependence on them over a period of time and another totally to see all funding removed in one hit.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

Just now, Polky said:

Could be, iv'e definitely read from another clubs end about this but i thought it predated GB and the new set up.

Probably not though when it's the same Venky people who have to have the final say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Love to agree with you Nicko, but how can we spend 50% of that £23m when, by your own admission, it's coming over the next few windows, so we haven't actually got it yet?

If you mean we should be spending ,half of that £23 over the coming transfer windows I agree with you

So you think that we get paid in instalments but have to pay for the players we are signing up front?? Can you see where that falls down a little?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Story was he didn't get announced until after international clearance

Will McGuire the Yank need international clearance ?? How long will that take if the ‘back room staff’ are doing the paperwork??

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Since he seems to be valued at 2.5 million, I think I know precisely why interest died off last window.

He was on the same shortlist as Hill, so yes it probably did come down to money....although Hill didn't turn out too bad, shame his stay was cut short.

45 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Kevin Ackermann + David Brekalo + Duncan McGuire would be a good start . Add a right winger to that and I would be satisfied 

Satisfied ??? they get 2 i would be overjoyed ...thats how low the bar is

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

The mans writing his own soap opera

image.png.3d72d8fa6c13c39b8632c697d896f2aa.png

The bloke is an absolute clown. 

Nothing better to do than make up things and then come up with excuses as to why he got them wrong. Usually ‘things have changed’ etc. 

5 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Dolan to Luton probably a non starter and a way for himself/new agent to drum up a larger contract or a potential release clause in any negotiations we have with him, is what I'm hearing. 

If that's the case, his agent has seriously underestimated our eagerness to make a quick buck on a sale.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Love to agree with you Nicko, but how can we spend 50% of that £23m when, by your own admission, it's coming over the next few windows, so we haven't actually got it yet?

If you mean we should be spending ,half of that £23 over the coming transfer windows I agree with you

yes that is what I was trying to say - sorry if it was poorly articulated. 
Was based on ‘loan now buy later’. Ie if we’re going down that route then it is going to be spread over a few windows.

Not expecting £10m-£15m to be spent in the last day or two of this window. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

The mans writing his own soap opera

image.png.3d72d8fa6c13c39b8632c697d896f2aa.png

He's hoping it will be back on. I.e. If someone else tweets that the deal is happening, he will coincidentally have received a text message telling him the same thing...

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I’ll give you Szmodics as someone who’s bucked the trend. But hyam blows hot and cold. Tronstad? Jeez that’s some slim pickins. 

C'mon, that's being selective just to suit your narrative, I'm sorry. Hyam was POTY last season, & this season was solid before injury (though I accept has struggled since coming back, probably still not 100% fit).

Tronstad has been a standout performer this season, deffo in top 3.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

C'mon, that's being selective just to suit your narrative, I'm sorry. Hyam was POTY last season, & this season was solid before injury (though I accept has struggled since coming back, probably still not 100% fit).

Nailed on Tronstad wins players player this year. He’s a pro’s dream teammate. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Rumour was we reduced the term of the deal for Batth once he arrived at Brockhall…

Can you imagine the panic in the corridors of power at Ewood/Pune if Palace tried to do the same to us with Wharton?

To quote Kevin Keegan "I'd luv it, absolutely luv it" if the deal fell through.

But not if we were so desperate we accepted an even lower fee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Don't get the hype with Hyam, good first half of last season then been really poor ever since for me.