BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

If it all goes as it appears it's heading, there can be no illusions or people convincing themselves otherwise - it has to be full steam ahead in getting these parasites out of our club. The usual dirge about 'they keep us afloat' and 'respect them' will all be moot points as they further ruin our reputation, operate in complete bad faith and continue to worsen our playing squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thank you for explaining,

I still think I’ll make this my last post of the day though - emotions are far too high (understandably so) and I don’t cope well with confrontation. 

I wasn't being confrontational I was taking the piss.

I think all of this is actually quite entertaining TBH. It's at the point now where it's just like slowing down to see a car crash.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

If venkys stopping all incomings is accurate, what do we think this means? Is it possible they are packing up to sell? Cashing in on the best asset before leaving? Personally I’d take this shambles and even relegation to league 1 if it meant getting rid of them! Maybe I’m just in some fantasy land. 

It means that JDT, Broughton and the scouting team may as well leave if the Venky’s won’t sanction transfers as there is nothing they can do without that.

• Like 1

From looking like it may have been 2 or 3 more in today to this shit show.

After a lifetime of supporting this club I fear this debacle could be the end for me, I've finally had enough.

Can see it being the same for JDT as well

• Like 5

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I don’t get is how can all this be allowed? Surely there is a point that the fa steps in and says you are not fit and proper owners, you have to put the club up for sale, absolutely farcical how they can own the club yet not set foot in the place in what, a decade? Absolute neglect. If abramovich was forced to sell Chelsea then why aren’t these scumbags forced to sell. They have sucked the fun out of the club since they arrived, it’s been one calamity after another, to the point I and I’m sure a lot of others are , it’s going to be easier to wash hands of the club. It can’t go on like this. 

The FA can't do anything. The government forced Abramovich to sell. 

Until the football regulator is in position and owners need a licence to owned a club. Nothing can be done until this

I wonder if the owners really don’t get the reputational damage they are doing. We won’t even get conversations with players and agents if this carries on. They could maybe get away with the O’Brien stuff and blame it on the big bad FA. They can’t with this. They got the player on a flight and changed their mind mid way through his journey. 

Other players, clubs and agents will refuse to deal with us. We won’t even be able to sign players as we won’t even get the conversations with clubs as we’ll be seen as time wasters and Charlatans. 

It’s worrying. I wonder if they culture from the owners is one of a lack of respect to the minions (players/agents) that they are dealing with. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I don’t get is how can all this be allowed? Surely there is a point that the fa steps in and says you are not fit and proper owners, you have to put the club up for sale, absolutely farcical how they can own the club yet not set foot in the place in what, a decade? Absolute neglect. If abramovich was forced to sell Chelsea then why aren’t these scumbags forced to sell. They have sucked the fun out of the club since they arrived, it’s been one calamity after another, to the point I and I’m sure a lot of others are , it’s going to be easier to wash hands of the club. It can’t go on like this. 

You don’t pay much attention to football if you think this! Look at reading, look at what happened to Wigan and Bolton. There have been loads of worse things that have happened to clubs and the fa has not stepped in! 

42 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I was hoping this would wake people up but some of the other supporters groups are somehow still defending the owners even if this is true. 

I just don't understand how you can look at all this and think "thank you Venkys for all you do for us". 

Hoping that something comes up today because if not I don't know how I can support a club that can repeatedly play with people like this.

These supporters are now an active deterrent for this Football club. They are assisting in the death of the club we all love. They may have season tickets, go to youth games, buy all 3 shirts every season, but, if they’re still supporting these owners then they are a huge part of our demise. 

Imagine these clowns trying to sell us. It would take forever and they’d pull out last minute over some minute bollocks. It’s never going to end is it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s just a phrase. 🤷‍♂️

I think I’ll just read today and not post.

I think from memory in the last window Chaddy was using it in every post (hence the previous post). Some sort of vague memory of that. (When the only twists and turns were down the snake and never up the ladder for Rovers)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I wonder if the owners really don’t get the reputational damage they are doing. We won’t even get conversations with players and agents if this carries on. They could maybe get away with the O’Brien stuff and blame it on the big bad FA. They can’t with this. They got the player on a flight and changed their mind mid way through his journey. 

Other players, clubs and agents will refuse to deal with us. We won’t even be able to sign players as we won’t even get the conversations with clubs as we’ll be seen as time wasters and Charlatans. 

It’s worrying. I wonder if they culture from the owners is one of a lack of respect to the minions (players/agents) that they are dealing with. 

The bit that I don’t get is why was it allowed to get so far? I understand venkys not reinvesting money but surely this was decided before last night? The story came out at 11pm our time so at 4 in the morning in India someone decided to pull the plug on all incomings randomly having let the club negotiate deals for 2 days? Makes very little sense even for venkys 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

From looking like it may have been 2 or 3 more in today to this shit show.

After a lifetime of supporting this club I fear this debacle could be the end for me, I've finally had enough.

Can see it being the same for JDT as well

You’re not the only one, I’ve had enough.

I've been one of Broughtons defenders since he came in. I think overall he's good for the club and is one of the few at the club with honest intentions. However I think if today goes how we're all fearing and he doesn't resign in disgust at twice being kneecapped in the transfer window it raises question marks over his integrity. He can walk away now with his reputation in tact and can point to two big events that has made his job untenable. 

JDT, I wouldn't begrudge him if he packed it all in and walked away. Part of me thinks he will stay to the end of the season but only for the players and the fans. 

• Like 4

What did anyone expect??

Venkys end of transfer window play book.

1. Sell players for big fee.

2. Some bullshut excuse to not spend any money.

3. Money goes missing once summer comes.

This time they decided to just skip the excuse and say flatly no money.

I would rather bring down the club in flames then limp along with this cancer that is venkys

• Like 5

If this shit happens then I will have lost the last remaining enthusiasm I had left for this club. Only reason I’m going Saturday is cause my friend is over from Ireland who kindly paid for us to go hospitality and the Newcastle game cause my 11 year old brother rang me at nearly midnight wanting to go so I’m going for his sake like I have been all season as we all know kids don’t understand the politics of football it’s just what happens on the pitch that counts for them and I had to explain that our owners are filth. 

really hope this all ends well and it’s all been exaggerated cause it will put the club in a very embarrassing situation and no player or agent in the right mind will deal with us again under this ownership. 

Got a niggly feeling the Wharton deal will go through then not leaving us enough time for incomings meaning they did it on purpose to cash in and not put back in while blaming it on Wharton deal taking too long. 

if we get fucked over today ladies and gents it’s time for a full scale boycott/protest, no room for happy clapping 

• Like 7

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

What did anyone expect??

Venkys end of transfer window play book.

1. Sell players for big fee.

2. Some bullshut excuse to not spend any money.

3. Money goes missing once summer comes.

This time they decided to just skip the excuse and say flatly no money.

I would rather bring down the club in flames then limp along with this cancer that is venkys

I would take admin to het rid of these scumbags, my dream is local ownership 

• Like 4

If all this is true i hope we go down maybe then a few of those yes men might lose their jobs and these useless fucking owners might lose a few quid. How much more can we as fans take? I'd sooner go bust and start again then carry on like this, just existing because they won't sell up and lose face. 

• Like 2