BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Presumably Venky's having no idea if they'll be able to fund the club by then and limiting any future additional costs. Wharton money assumedly carries us until then. 

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Loans loans and more loans.  Fleck might be a decent signing. But it will be back to square one in the summer with a considerably weaker squad. Jdt will walk. Then we'll really be in the shit

Technically Fleck isn’t a loan.

• Like 2

Just now, roverandout said:

Loans loans and more loans.  Fleck might be a decent signing. But it will be back to square one in the summer with a considerably weaker squad. Jdt will walk. Then we'll really be in the shit

Sheffield United fans say he's been shite for 3 years. Immobile, injury prone, fitness problems and on top of that he re-broke his leg which never seemed to heal properly. And he's just come back from another injury.

But hey, it's experience!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So the Wharton money will now just evaporate and we'll have forgotten all about it come the summer?

Come the summer they will have forgotten all about it or concocted some new excuse why we have no ability to spend. My bet is they will just revert back to the tried and tested FFP stuff, so despite having money we can't spend much of it because it would affect the cycle / wage structure too much.

Meanwhile Hull City are showing what can be done when you've an ambitious owner who wants his side to get promoted. Polar opposite to the mob running Rovers.

• Like 8

Fleck looks a decent signing in terms of experience... But considering we binned off Travis for not technically being capable in the deeper midfield role I wonder if Fleck can hack it?

That said looking at the signings I wonder if we are looking at a radically different more direct style in the second half of the season. Ayeri apart no real technical players - more physical.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, booth said:

Is it a good signing? Sheffield United fans aren't as kind!

Fleck broke his leg in August and according to Wilder was still suffering pain from it just 3 weeks ago and added to the injury list. Furthermore the break was a recurrence of a break suffered just 12 months earlier. Looks like we signed another crock. 

• Like 3

Just now, alcd said:

Fleck broke his leg in August and according to Wilder was still suffering pain from it just 3 weeks ago and added to the injury list. Furthermore the break was a recurrence of a break suffered just 12 months earlier. Looks like we signed another crock. 

Prior to that he had fitness problems too, been poor for 3 seasons according to SU fans.

A legend in his day it seems, but what the hell have we signed?

1,022 career appearances between McFadzean and Fleck in their careers.

I doubt they’ll play every single game, but we’ve been crying out for players like these to have around the squad. 

• Like 3

John f*cking Fleck 🤣

After being knocked back for everyone on their list, did Jon and Broughton just go "FFS, go on then Maggot, you pick one"

Going to bed laughing. 

Wank. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

But considering we binned off Travis for not technically being capable in the deeper midfield role I wonder if Fleck can hack it?

I think Tomasson made it fairly clear that Travis binned us off rather than the other way around.

• Like 1

Sheffield United fans are pretty consistent in saying that they feel that Fleck (especially after injuries) is well past his best. But at 32, its a big difference to 37 and if hes anything like the player he was, he is a much better example of getting in experience without it being just a token gesture, and he can take the ball off the defence and dictate. If he is in reasonable condition, then he is night and day from the lack of quality we have in midfield beside Tronstad.

Surprised there is no option for a further year.