BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

41 minutes ago, cesus said:

This mornings article just rubber stamps my long term belief that having meetings with Waggott, long well orchestrated briefings from Broughton are all pointless. 

They have no say, in the major running of the club. They spit ideas up the chain and the owners get around to answering the ideas when they can be arsed. Like when a player is in mid air about to sign for the club they fucking own!!!!!

I will never ever be thankful to the owners, they pay the bills, it is the MINIMUM expectation for a company owner. We didn't ask them to take on the club, we weren't on life support and they saved us at the 11th hour at a winding up order hearing ... they are close to putting us there actually. 

Yes, anyone below Suhail is merely a hired goon.

• Like 2

If Venky's can't get funds through to the club then what's the point of their ownership? Would imagine they at least have some feelers out for prospective buyers? And they can probably do an NDA if they're worried about losing face.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alex l said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24097585.blackburn-pulled-permanent-transfer-mcguire/

Fits the rumour on deadline day. Can't say the LET are not publishing negative Rovers stories. Whilst this raises questions against the board it still doesn't explain the error with the loan. 

Simply not good enough from Rovers. The lack of communication to the fans is truly pathetic and unbelievable. This McGuire fiasco is becoming soap opera now..

Waggott and Broughton should have held interviews explaining the problems with McGuire transfer and the lack of spending despite Wharton being sold. 

We should have invest some of the money in January. Max Bird and Paddy McNair 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Simply not good enough from Rovers. The lack of communication to the fans is truly pathetic and unbelievable. This McGuire fiasco is becoming soap opera now..

Waggott and Broughton should have held interviews explaining the problems with McGuire transfer and the lack of spending despite Wharton being sold. 

Message must've come directly from India via Suhail. JDT wouldn't have mentioned his name otherwise. SW being kept in the loop so knows the whole story too, while GB and JDT are frustrated as hell, but GB is the cooler head.

I hope GB and JDT ride this one off, and good to see that JDT had GBs back and put pressure on the board and enlighten the fans. Unfortunately some fans are too blind to see it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If Venky's can't get funds through to the club then what's the point of their ownership? Would imagine they at least have some feelers out for prospective buyers? And they can probably do an NDA if they're worried about losing face.

I think our only hope is that the investigations / court applications in India come to our rescue.

If the investigation expands or continues for a long time to come, or if it unearths evidence of wrongdoing, or if the Court for one reason or another decides it isn't going to allow this to continue, then they are going to have to come up with something new, this being either a new way to fund the club free from these restrictions or lose the club. I can't see any alternative and assume it isn't easy to simply switch to another way of funding the club.

If it is indeed the case that we are relying on sales and cuts every transfer window to generate the funds and space on the wage bill to continue to operate then this is unsustainable for many reasons.

For me the worst outcome would be that the authorities don't find any wrongdoing, end the restrictions and Venkys return to 'business as usual' albeit conveniently with a drastically reduced cost base. We will still likely end up in League One due to cost cutting but the pressure will be off the owners and they can revert to leaving us on the shelf to rot for a few more years.

They aren't giving this up easily or voluntarily IMO. The only hope is the decision is forced on them by more powerful bodies, a Court or government agency.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would expect they haven't been given permission to do so from Venky's.

• Like 1

Most of us suspected that the Wharton money was going to be used to keep the lights on rather than be reinvested in the squad, this article just confirms those suspicions.

The Wharton bid only came to light after the Indian High Court date was pushed back, so its now obvious how all this ties together.

No recruitment team can work positively if they're told to raise their own transfer funds only to have them completely stripped away.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think our only hope is that the investigations / court applications in India come to our rescue.

If the investigation expands or continues for a long time to come, or if it unearths evidence of wrongdoing, or if the Court for one reason or another decides it isn't going to allow this to continue, then they are going to have to come up with something new, this being either a new way to fund the club free from these restrictions or lose the club. I can't see any alternative and assume it isn't easy to simply switch to another way of funding the club.

If it is indeed the case that we are relying on sales and cuts every transfer window to generate the funds and space on the wage bill to continue to operate then this is unsustainable for many reasons.

For me the worst outcome would be that the authorities don't find any wrongdoing, end the restrictions and Venkys return to 'business as usual' albeit conveniently with a drastically reduced cost base. We will still likely end up in League One due to cost cutting but the pressure will be off the owners and they can revert to leaving us on the shelf to rot for a few more years.

They aren't giving this up easily or voluntarily IMO. The only hope is the decision is forced on them by more powerful bodies, a Court or government agency.

I think we were looking towards a summer with some sensible spending, but ended up with a depleted squad. Then comes January and we sell our biggest asset and expect some of it reinvested, but no...the slide down the table was inevitable and I think there needs to be a statement made by the club and from the owners about their long term commitment to Rovers. Absolute mad that we can't get money injected into the club. 

So the promise that any money generated from sales would be reinvested into arrivals has proved to be false.

I was naive enough to believe this,  but no more. This is worse than under Kean and I never thought I would say that.

I won't be there on Saturday and doubt I'll be back again this deason

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is no money to invest, they sold Wharton purely to pay running costs until the end of the season (maybe they won't even last that long).

They only accepted the Wharton bid after the high court date was pushed to March.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Most of us suspected that the Wharton money was going to be used to keep the lights on rather than be reinvested in the squad, this article just confirms those suspicions.

The Wharton bid only came to light after the Indian High Court date was pushed back, so its now obvious how all this ties together.

No recruitment team can work positively if they're told to raise their own transfer funds only to have them completely stripped away.

Question for me is how bad do they want things to change...

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and they have to get rid...

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Recent history suggests that we won't get a penny to reinvest. Our star boy, a local lad who was the product of the Academy that Jack built, was sold to keep the lights on and save a few quid for those greedy fat muppets in Pune.

P.S. Also just want to point out, as i've also seen you mention him on Twitter recently, that Max Bird was bought by Bristol City and loaned back to Derby a few days ago.

Edited by TheRevAshton

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Include that faceless gobshyte too in the goon squadron....get all these pillocks out of our Club!!

Agreed, he is a goon, but he is the owners representative and their only presence at the club.

He actually has some control and power, but escapes attention by lurking in the shadows.

On 01/02/2024 at 17:51, Dreams of 1995 said:

Club Statement 2nd February 2024

In what was an incredibly busy and super duper complicated day a misunderstanding with the EFL has meant we are uncertain if any of our signings will be ratified. 
On 1st February at 9.59pm Steve Waggot left William Hill with his only pen in his top pocket. Once we had completed the unfathomably complex deal with McGuire we were ready to send in our formal paperwork

Unfortunately, in spelling Kimento, Kumeatola, OBrien… Billy’s last name wrong over 39 times, Steve’s pen ran out 

Mr Waggott decided it was time to move on. However, due to the confusion caused by Billy’s paperwork, and having no official BRFC pens in stock, the only device capable of writing was a light blue wax crayola. Despite us getting the paperwork in on time, the EFL decided to further complicate matters by asking silly questions, such as “why are you writing in crayon?”

Due to the confusion we have not managed to sign any player. We have consulted our legal team and intend to lodge an appeal to the Football League momentarily 

We would like to wish Adam Wharton the best of luck in his future career. If only his bloody brother was as good

The Owners Mike Cheston

Not exactly how I called it but you could see this paperwork “error” coming a mile off

The fact we now find out the “board of directors” had cancelled all cash fees, despite the Wharton deal being signed on Wednesday night, shows what was always planned for that Wharton money. To pay the bills

It is also rather sus that the paperwork had an error after Broughton did his best to revive the deal. Will he take the blame this time? I reckon not. It’s obvious what has happened here 

• Like 4

There's a few variants of the name McGuire........McGwire, McGwyre, McQuire, for instance, and, most commonly, Maguire

It wouldn't be surprising if they misspelt it on the form but it would be typical of the low calibre people at Ewood 

• Like 1

The answers to this current fiasco don’t currently lie with sackings in the U.K. The answers lie with Venkys and the courts in India. The future of our club lies in India. If this situation is going to go on for any length at all - even another 12 months - Venkys need to act. Seems to me there’s very little time.

one more… Why would Maguire or his club even think of discussing a pre-contract deal for Maguire in the summer (as has been reported) with a club that currently can’t pay a fee?

21 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

There is no money to invest, they sold Wharton purely to pay running costs until the end of the season (maybe they won't even last that long).

They only accepted the Wharton bid after the high court date was pushed to March.

If Venkys continue digging their heels in then we can only hope that the hearings continue to go badly (for Venkys). We won't have another Wharton to sell come the summer. It'll be c. £8m for Szmodics at best I reckon (what is he, 29?). Carter £5m? What then?

You'd like to think the penny could finally be dropping for them, but I appreciate we've all said this for many years.

• Like 1