BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Their first goal was a decent hit, I expected much worse after the blame apportioned at Leo 

https://x.com/MohsanLFC/status/1707114177154695676?s=20

Good find!

The second Cardiff goal for anyone who wants to see it. Not as bad as made out either, IMO. One defender runs too far forward as the ball is being played into the box, not sure the others can reasonably be expected to do much about it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, RutlandRover said:

Still waiting to see Markanday's goal on Sky Sports! Did I miss it or are we just being ignored?!

They ignored us for Rob Earnshaws attention seeking

Think there’s just not much drama left so they haven’t been to us for a while 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Good find!

The second Cardiff goal for anyone who wants to see it. Not as bad as made out either, IMO. One defender runs too far forward as the ball is being played into the box, not sure the others can reasonably be expected to do much about it.

I’m sorry but that is a shocking horror show, so much time to make a challenge or atleast not let him turn, it’s very basics of football, stay goal side and tight with your man 

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

Maybe we can just score more than teams? 

Not at the game but hope Markanday took it well.  Feel there's a good technical player there and he seems to be doing the right things (trying to join us for game time, taking loans even if they didn't work out) so can't knock a trier 

Rovers commentators waxing lyrical about Markanday.

Does seem with JDTs recent comments Markanday is properly in line for starting games.

Think Dolan will be slipping down to fourth choice as wide forward behind Siggy, Moran and Markanday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RutlandRover said:

Still waiting to see Markanday's goal on Sky Sports! Did I miss it or are we just being ignored?!

Being ignored. They were pulling each other off over the Liverpool goal that they replayed 12 times. 🙄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would say the opposite...he may create space for others to score...

Rather a goal scoring striker than a space creator. That line is always a bit of a cop out I feel. "Puts a shift in".

Edited by BigBar

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Rovers commentators waxing lyrical about Markanday.

Does seem with JDTs recent comments Markanday is properly in line for starting games.

Think Dolan will be slipping down to fourth choice as wide forward behind Siggy, Moran and Markanday.

From what I’ve seen it should be Siggy, Szmodics and Moran behind Leonard (if we continue with this formation although I’d rather 3 in midfield as we’re often overrun). 

Dolan behind Markanday and Hedges when fit. 

• Like 1