BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

1 minute ago, superniko said:

That’s it isn’t it. When he had a little bit of criticism it was when we were getting overrun. He’s so far clear as our best ‘footballer’ so we should be building a midfield around him and let him do the creating. 

I think most managers in the Championship would build the whole team around a player of that talent, so either JDT doesnt see it or knows that he is off as soon as we get a half decent offer and doesnt want to have to start again?

• Like 1

No shame in losing that. £420m starting 11 Vs ours that was bought with half a curly wurly and a packet of lovehearts.

Didn't see the game but didn't sound like we took an absolute tubbing and we had 2 penalty shouts turned down.

It is, what it is but that's the state of English football unfortunately.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 4

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think ESPN are using Chelsea TV commentators, so I’ve switched it to a channel with Spanish. Can’t understand them, but it’s much better. 

He's given us no credit whatsoever. 

Despite seeming to have a good bit of knowledge on Rovers- Travis nearly leaving in summer, referencing our QPR/Plymouth contrasting performances- that's more than the average mainstream channels. 

And yet has panned us despite the obvious gulf in cost and quality. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Rovers needed three things to go their way to have a real chance tonight.

1. Don't give away stupid, silly or unnecessary shit goals = did it twice.

2. Get competent, lucky and helpful refereeing = 2 penalties?

3. Score your chance(s) = Leonard (46)

4. (Bonus). Oh, and it'd be helpful to play your best XI from KO.

Yeah..Reminds me of Bob Saxton after we lost to Liverpool in the Cup..

"We were hoping to catch them on an off-day...but unfortunately they caught us on one."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Rovers needed three things to go their way to have a real chance tonight.

1. Don't give away stupid, silly or unnecessary shit goals = did it twice.

2. Get competent, lucky and helpful refereeing = 2 penalties?

3. Score your chance(s) = Leonard (46)

4. (Bonus). Oh, and it'd be helpful to play your best XI from KO.

Aye…An experienced striker would of bagged Leonard’s chance, never looked convincing but his movement was decent.

Cheers Venkys! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

Good performance and as lots of people have said no disgrace losing 2-0 away to a team of this stature, but for some luck good (theirs - penaltys) bad ours (goalkeeper being a disaster) could have been evern closer.

That said, if I was a Chelsea fan I would be seriously worried they look awful for the money spent, absolutely awful.

• Like 2

Good learning experience for our pups and no reason to be ashamed of that performance. We even created some good chances and Adam Wharton was our MotM. The gulf in money and quality was at times glaringly obvious, but we still only lost by 2 goals (Burnley lost by 3 against mighty mighty Everton). Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

2 one on one opportunities taken and a penalty given and it is a different game. 

Good to play against top class competition to see who rises to the top and who doesn’t. 

Hill is class, Wharton had some nice touches but we simply can’t play the ball out from the back against premier league sides. Ironically Chelsea had the same problems. 

They should watch Arsenal in their training sessions. 

Truth is our squad has no depth and I am not sure that will improve in January. 

JDT will be off at the end of the season having completed two solid seasons building a young side to play attractive football. 

• Like 2

No shame in that defeat. Our gallant fans were in great voice above the whisper of the Chelsea blow ins. Two strong penalty shouts denied (handball and a blatant shove in the back of Scott Wharton). Adam Wharton looked reasonably composed and collected on the ball. For the most part I thought we competed well against an arrogant set of spolied twats. Missing a goal-scorer. Someone needs to get Leonard and Ennis doing Bobby Charlton practice against their garage walls. Shearer used to do the same, keep hitting the ball till you know you can put it where you want it....

Chelsea meh

Rovers, semi-meh. I think we take some positives away from that game, but big questions remain over our goalkeeper....

Miles away against a Chelsea side who were far from at full pelt but cant fault the effort, just a gulf in quality. 

Some really good performances in defence and midfield. Hill was very good, Wharton looked at home, Carter was good too.

That front 4 would be below par in League 1 and how did we find a keeper as a first choice target who cant catch a ball? Cant believe he isnt an upgrade on Pears.

• Like 1