BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He doesn’t “learn” though. He misses far too many. Last night he didn’t even hit the target. I was right behind the goal. It was a bad miss, worse than Siggi, and should have been a goal

Sigurdsson's chance 8 yards out. Should have scored. Leonard's shot was just outside the box and he tried to bend it just inside the post with his left foot

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He’s going to be one of those strikers who needs 6 or 7 chances to score 1. 

He is young, still learning and developing. Let's not try to be too critical at this stage

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is the same referee who last season:

Sent Jake Garrett off at Coventry - later rescinded.

Should have sent Jack Robinson off in the FA Cup quarter final at Sheffield United for a second yellow card.

Should have given us a penalty at Ewood when the dingle drunken driver handled the ball.

Should have sent Cork off in the same game for serious foul play after going over the ball with Dolan.

In the Sheffield United match he actually gave us a penalty for handball but that was only after a VAR intervention.

That is five KMI's wrong in probably four or five games where he refereed us

With such a litany of wrong key match incidents I believe Rovers should be writing to the PGMOL asking for an explanation as to why a full time official has got so many game changing decisions wrong against us.

Shocking record. You'd expect his employer have at least a system to improve constant mistakes made by these inadequate referees. If there's no system then mistakes will happen and we certainly are on the wrong end of these mistakes.

36 minutes ago, Polky said:

Because he’s a moron.

Not fit to referee nor is the assistant referee on that side last time as he should have had the best position in London.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sigurdsson's chance 8 yards out. Should have scored. Leonard's shot was just outside the box and he tried to bend it just inside the post with his left foot

He is young, still learning and developing. Let's not try to be too critical at this stage

Our group was right behind the goal. He didn’t need to lace the ball, it just needed a left foot side foot into the corner but he couldn’t even test the keeper. His age is irrelevant, it was a bad miss and he misses  a lot

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Thanks

The Leonard opportunity looks worse than first thought. Especially from the angle. He will learn though 

He needs to get shots on target. He did show some pace in getting that chance.

Striker rules

1. On target

2. Hit it hard when possible.

3. Repeat often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Extended highlights courtesy if the EFL 

Also the slightly longer version from Chelsea FC

I'll post the Rovers version of the extended highlights when they appear on YouTube...... Warning.... Do not hold your breath.......

I watched the match live via the Chelsea feed.

A few things.  Whashdet or however u spell it isn't an upgrade on pears. How was that not a penalty? As for Leonard he isnt up to the standard.  Maybe in a couple of years. We desperately need a forward 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Chelsea fans raving about Wharton on social media.

Has to be back in the team on Sunday but where do we fit him in ? Tronstad and JRC done nothing wrong. Maybe move JRC to one of the wide attacker roles as Brittain will no doubt be right back 

What did they say

Leonard’s chance was similar to the one against Swansea. Gets in the right position and just needs to hit the target. But he somehow manages to not even test the keeper.

The squad is young and they’re going to make mistakes over the season. Hopefully it will make them into better players and we can benefit from them in the long run

(Shit, I sound like Waggot).

Edited by Polky

2 hours ago, cesus said:

Having never seen Leo play before we signed him I'm interested to know if his natural game was to punch the ball away. The more I watch him the more he looks completely unnatural at punching.

He didn't even punch throne for the goal, he just slapped it. Never seen anything like it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

He didn't even punch throne for the goal, he just slapped it. Never seen anything like it.

We were right behind the goal for his gaffe at Millwall and again behind him last night. At present he is no better than Pears. 

We need a proper goalkeeper, one who gets the basics right. I can't believe there aren't better ones in the lower leagues we could sign

I've played in teams with dodgy goalkeepers who regularly give goals away. It saps your morale and as players it pisses you right off when you work your socks off and all that work is undone by silly mistakes. Outfield players make mistakes too, but a goalkeeper who makes them regularly is a liability

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

It is in the EFL highlights posted by AllRoverAsia. Could see it clearly from the far end of the pitch, no idea how the ref and linesman could miss it.

Cheers I couldn't full screen those so I went to YouTube and saw the sky sports highlights 

15 hours ago, roverblue said:

Defo handball and pen looking at replay 

From where we were standing more than 100 yards away it looked a penalty, as clear a penalty as you'll ever see. Everyone around us said the same. "Handball"! Rovers need to make an official inquiry to the EFL as to why it was not given. The referee should at least provide an explanation. 

49 minutes ago, 47er said:

He’s not a youngster either. He’s 24. 

All goalkeepers make top saves. The best ones are the consistent ones - the ones who very rarely make the big gaffes. You can count on one hand the number of absolute clangers the best keepers make in their entire career. I’m very doubtful about Leo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, den said:

He’s not a youngster either. He’s 24. 

All goalkeepers make top saves. The best ones are the consistent ones - the ones who very rarely make the big gaffes. You can count on one hand the number of absolute clangers the best keepers make in their entire career. I’m very doubtful about Leo.

If nothing else, the Pears vs Wahlstedt ‘argument’ seems much closer than the Pears vs Kaminski one should ever have been.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We were right behind the goal for his gaffe at Millwall and again behind him last night. At present he is no better than Pears. 

We need a proper goalkeeper, one who gets the basics right. I can't believe there aren't better ones in the lower leagues we could sign

I've played in teams with dodgy goalkeepers who regularly give goals away. It saps your morale and as players it pisses you right off when you work your socks off and all that work is undone by silly mistakes. Outfield players make mistakes too, but a goalkeeper who makes them regularly is a liability

Brian Clough used to say “ Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper, so sign the best one you can afford “. That was when he signed Peter Shilton.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing last night for the first goal. Schoolboy stuff and a poor schoolboy at that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1