BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

1 minute ago, BlueXIII said:

As frustrating as all this is, it unfortunately reflects the difference in budgets. We have no striker to simply smash one in; a defence and GK that here and there handle the basics but are mostly in the team not because they have proven themselves, but because we have no funds for anyone that can deal with actual quality opposition, such as Vardy. If anything our chance creation is better than you'd expect, but that counts for nothing. 

The Venkys BR Facebook account touted how we have "signed 7 players" but its October and only 2 are playing. That says it all for what JDT was given.

Finally, some perspective. 

Well said. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, booth said:

He’s an awful keeper. i can’t remember a worse keeper I’ve seen in a Rovers shirt.

I must be older than you, then @booth.

"De mortuiis nil nisi bonum"; may he rest in peace; and all that, but John Barton could well have been the Aynsley Pears of his day.

1 minute ago, Brainfreeze said:

HT Changes? Can't see anyone on the bench that could change the game other than perhaps JRC, but not sure who I'd take off in his place?

Personally I’d sub Carter for hill. Pears for the Swedish international. Markanday for telalovic

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bethnal said:

It’s less than 20% of games played, the table is always slightly exaggerated at this stage. If we’re there or lower by November, then it’s a time to get concerned.

How do you see things changing as things stand? JDT has made it clear he's sticking to his principles and philosophy. 20% into the season and the players aren't looking capable of doing what's asked of them. Unless there's a pretty big change in mentality from JDT I don't see how this gets any better. Can't really understand people being happy with 18 goals conceded in 9 games and saying "this is fine", just reminds me of that meme picture with the dog sitting in a burning house. 

Disappointing to be behind, obviously, but some really encouraging play so far today.

First one was a soft one to concede from a corner, but I think we’ve got at least another goal in us.

Moran and Sigurdsson are very good additions and think most have done well so far.

I’d shove Gilsenan on at some point, the unknown factor would work in our favour.

• Like 1

Hyam and Carter both really poor. 
Can’t believe the vardy strike has just gone through Carter, he was right there on him. Seems to happen a lot. Colin Hendry blocks that all day long

Wish Siggardson would just shoot from the edge of the box. Looks good though, as does Moran.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

Insane the amount of expensive talent on the pitch for Leicester. While we have a first 11 that probably didn't cost more than 5mil.

Unfortunate to be down 2-1 imo, we've shown we can play just as well as them and I think in with a chance to at least come away with something from this game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Personally I’d sub Carter for hill. Pears for the Swedish international. Markanday for telalovic

I would do the first two and Markanday for JRC and get him to pack the midfield for some protection, there is more to come if we stay this open.

Just now, DE. said:

How do you see things changing as things stand? JDT has made it clear he's sticking to his principles and philosophy. 20% into the season and the players aren't looking capable of doing what's asked of them. Unless there's a pretty big change in mentality from JDT I don't see how this gets any better. Can't really understand people being happy with 18 goals conceded in 9 games and saying "this is fine", just reminds me of that meme picture with the dog sitting in a burning house. 

You haven't answered what your expectation was for the season? 

Still very early to talk about the table etc. see Boro last season and Forest the season before. We’re absolutely fine and we’ll go on to batter plenty of teams. This lot are the best in the league, £30m full back, £100k a week striker etc 

We clearly need to change the goalkeeper but Vardy rocketing that 2nd in shows the difference in the two teams. 

• Like 3

Awful again. JDT wants to play good football but it just isn't sustainable with this squad and it becomes suicidal. We're leaking goals for fun and nothing seems to be changing. 

Can't expect to improve when you spend your limited budget on a bunch of sicknotes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Andy said:

Disappointing to be behind, obviously, but some really encouraging play so far today.

First one was a soft one to concede from a corner, but I think we’ve got at least another goal in us.

Moran and Sigurdsson are very good additions and think most have done well so far.

I’d shove Gilsenan on at some point, the unknown factor would work in our favour.

Siggy looks a quality footballer but is a yard off the pace. His lack of pre-season is showing. 

• Like 2

Disappointing to be losing and I feel we don't really deserve to be, which is the story of our season so far.

Performance has overall been good, but when you commit so many players forward and don't have defensive minded midfielders in the middle then you're always going to be left open to the kind of goal Vardy scored.

If it ends 1-2 there is absolutely no shame in losing to what is clearly the best team in this division. At least half their team are comfortably premier league players.

Not particularly concerned about league position. We're a mid table side who'll win a few and lose a few. Could do with 4 points from Cov and QPR mind.

• Like 2

Just now, superniko said:

Still very early to talk about the table etc. see Boro last season and Forest the season before. 

Important to note that both of those teams changed manager so not really the same as one team continuing to do the same thing. 

What the fuck does conceeding shite goals and looking like conceeding every time a team attacks got to do with a striker? Absolutely brain dead thought process. "We got hammered 5-0...yeah I know we really need a striker, what can the manager do?". Clueless.

Absolutely no point in taking notice of the table at this stage - Preston are at the top end, for example.

It’ll level out, as it always does.

Our performances have been mostly good so far, the results will catch up once we start cutting out the soft goals.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Andy said:

Absolutely no point in taking notice of the table at this stage - Preston are at the top end, for example.

It’ll level out, as it always does.

Our performances have been mostly good so far, the results will catch up once we start cutting out the soft goals.

The big question is how we do this, though. We have the players we have, so it seemingly requires a change in approach from JDT? 

• Like 1