BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Unable to compete with the top sides in this division due to lack of funding from our awful owners Venkys.

Mid table and that's our lot.

This.

Nothing more to add. 

• Like 3

Under normal circumstances you'd drop Pickering and Tronstad for stupid passes leading to goals, but everyone knows they'll be playing in the next match, thanks to years of underinvestment in the side. To be left with that bench is shameful.

• Like 1

If we had James and Summervile as our wingers we'd be in the top 6 comfortably. Instead we've got an average full back and an inexperienced No10 as wingers...and no established striker. 

Still, only a few points from the play-offs, a full team to return from injury and we've still got an excellent manager. it's just a shame it's amateur hour from the Board and owners. 

• Like 4

Was an even game until the second goal. Midfield and defence wasn't much in it but the forward line is a different league including the options they have off the bench. The speed and penetration of the Leeds forwards compared to ours was massive.

Results against Leeds, Leicester etc won't make a playoff challenge...but backing it up woth a loss against Sheffield weds makes it a terrible week.

Edited by benhben
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This has the feel of a death spiral to me.

Hope I’m wrong, but just a gut feeling with games coming thick and fast and a depleted squad. Not to mention not having one semi-decent striker in our whole f*cking club. 

Surely we bounce back at Southampton away thanks to our state of the art leased coach keeping the players fresh on such a long journey 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Waggott is a whore selling to Leeds in home areas. How low can that piece of shit go.

Should be investigated. Away fans in home areas is breaking the rules be it direct ticket sale or using a home supporter ST card. Either way Waggott is accountable.

• Like 1

Yet another defeat. It's extremely worrying that we have a complete inability to do anything other than win or lose with this team, but JDT has been left to patch together out of squads from misfits and youth talent and with the injury list the options are limited.

That said, I'd love to know how this treading water is supposed to do anything for us. We can sell some players off but that won't be reinvested properly and we can already see that the U21s we have can't compete because all their best players are in the first team. 

In the longer term the only way is down with such a lack of ambition. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

What about Bristol city on Tuesday ?

It’s at home so we probably lose it.

6 defeats out of 10 at Ewood represents a hugely concerning issue for us. Clearly something has to change despite the extremely limited personnel at JDTs disposal.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

What about Bristol city on Tuesday ?

Was just trying to make some light hearted dig at the clown Waggot really. Southampton batter us and I’ve not got much hope mid-week. 

The lads are blowing on fumes, thanks to the non-investment from our inept overlords. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Should be investigated. Away fans in home areas is breaking the rules be it direct ticket sale or using a home supporter ST card. Either way Waggott is accountable.

Is it another ploy to get Riverside season ticket holders to move to another part of the ground so that he can shut the Riverside ?

Not going to gloat. No need. You have injuries and nowhere near to the squad we have. Our attacking options are ridiculous at this level and hand on heart we didn't need to get out of 2nd gear today.

I was in the main stand upper towards our lot. Didn't go up when we scored as it's asking for bother and I dress well and don't want my clobber ruined. I also have razor sharp elbows as well as youthful boy band material looks so I don't want to hurt anybody.

I don't know why you don't give us 2 or 3 blocks of the Riverside as well as the Darwen End ? More money for you and stops our lot getting in pissed up and windmilling at people because they take offence they're in there in the first place.

I honestly don't think you're that far from getting on the PO mix. Get your walking wounded back and add a couple in January and fingers crossed you can push on.

Don't mind Rovers. Always make us welcome despite having more than a few complete whoppers in tow. 

If I was a Rovers fan I wouldn't be to despondent after that performance.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, CP Company Dresser said:

Not going to gloat. No need. You have injuries and nowhere near to the squad we have. Our attacking options are ridiculous at this level and hand on heart we didn't need to get out of 2nd gear today.

I was in the main stand upper towards our lot. Didn't go up when we scored as it's asking for bother and I dress well and don't want my clobber ruined. I also have razor sharp elbows as well as youthful boy band material looks so I don't want to hurt anybody.

I don't know why you don't give us 2 or 3 blocks of the Riverside as well as the Darwen End ? More money for you and stops our lot getting in pissed up and windmilling at people because they take offence they're in there in the first place.

I honestly don't think you're that far from getting on the PO mix. Get your walking wounded back and add a couple in January and fingers crossed you can push on.

Don't mind Rovers. Always make us welcome despite having more than a few complete whoppers in tow. 

This has to be satire.

2 minutes ago, CP Company Dresser said:

How did you get a ticket then? If your in home area surely you know H&S rules for others as well as you?

As for Leeds fans in Riverside?  Crazy idea. Police wouldn't allow it.

I'm sure everyone is aware, but the precarious situation of the club, in terms of playing staff, is quite shocking. Consider that the likes of Bloxham, Atcheson and Gamble who are fairly regularly on the bench these days have no real record even at Rovers U23 level, albeit, they are promising players and may well develop into useful players one day. Gamble, I guess, is the most experienced.

As far as I can tell, we don't have any significant talents coming through - those that have showed promise have been decimated by injuries. From what people say, Atcheson has the most potential.

To me, it looks like a house of cards that is going to collapse at some point - and that's only from the personnel point of view. The only saving grace will be if there are enough clubs in a worse situation than Rovers.

I think we might look back at this period and wonder how we were so high in the league, all things considered. We're in the same zone at the moment that Mowbray was when he had Armstrong, Brereton, Rothwell, Elliott, Harwood-Bellis, Lenihan and Branthwaite in the squad.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep 

Who can blame him? Must be an abject nightmare being ambitious, a winner at the very top of the game in your playing career, a title-winner in your previous job and being confronted with Waggott, Pascha, Venky’s et al as your higher-ups.