BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds Utd (h) - 9/12/23

1 minute ago, Mike Graham said:

I know of quite a few Leeds fans in the JW Upper today; the ones I was chatting to (sat behind me) had tickets bought by Rovers fans.  A couple of acquaintances also bought tickets for Leeds fans - this was always going to happen and it is difficult to blame the Club when this happens.

As for the game we seriously lacked an experienced striker and tried to play it around the penalty area.

We have no money for a striker in January unless it is funded by player sales or commercial activities. The owners are back in the Delhi High Court in January but this is another Interim Relief application similar to the recent application.

I thought we played well for periods but it was literally men v boys out there and clearly shows the farce and unfairness of parachute payments.

SS looked tired from the onset and sadly James Hill picked up an injury that could make him doubtful for Tuesday.

Is there anything in your opinion that the club does do wrong, Mike?

Someone is going to get life changing injuries because of fighting between home and away fans in the stands. If that happens it’s entirely the clubs fault - they need to be better at sales (note they said no sales on the day today, but then did anyway), much better at security (which costs actual money) and much better at tracking down every last one of your acquaintances buying tickets for away fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of focus on the ref, would have to see the main penalty appeal again but didnt look like one to me, hit his arm/hand but as he slid so we would have been raging had it been given against us.

IMO it looked nailed on from where I was sat.  The player moved his arm towards the ball and changed the direction of the ball movement.  However it is history now and whilst I was fuming abut it I am going to move on and have a whisky snifter instead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Another anticlimactic afternoon at Ewood, comfortable loss and 6 losses in 10 at home is really, really poor. As is the fact that weve never won from behind at Ewood under Tomasson. That being said, its directly due to the tiny squad we have lacking in quality and one that is often naive.

Brittain was rubbish again being asked to play a position he simply cannot play. Leonard may aswell have not been on the pitch, understandably hooked and not ready for week in week out football at this level, not a chance. Moran was poor, Szmodics off it too (cant play well and score everytime, too reliant on him) and Sigurdsson did offer something different but not always good. Ennis nowhere near fit enough or in shape and Markanday a waste of time ever using him. Our attacking options are nowhere near good enough.

Tronstad and Wharton in midfield were our best 2 players, Carter had a nightmare nearly leading to a goal, Scott Wharton causes worrying moments, Wahlstedt had a very nearly costly wobble (plus again flapping at a cross he could have caught nearly led to a goal) and Hill is obviously not a full back. Pickering was always up against it against such direct pace.

Lots of focus on the ref, would have to see the main penalty appeal again but didnt look like one to me, hit his arm/hand but as he slid so we would have been raging had it been given against us.

Each to their own but there is very little of your post I agree with. In fact you have decimated pretty much the whole team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

IMO it looked nailed on from where I was sat.  The player moved his arm towards the ball and changed the direction of the ball movement.  However it is history now and whilst I was fuming abut it I am going to move on and have a whisky snifter instead.

He did move his arm towards the ball, it didn't just hit him and looked to me even in normal motion to be deliberate. In slow motion it's obvious.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Is there anything in your opinion that the club does do wrong, Mike?

Someone is going to get life changing injuries because of fighting between home and away fans in the stands. If that happens it’s entirely the clubs fault - they need to be better at sales (note they said no sales on the day today, but then did anyway), much better at security (which costs actual money) and much better at tracking down every last one of your acquaintances buying tickets for away fans. 

Yes, plenty.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Each to their own but there is very little of your post I agree with. In fact you have decimated pretty much the whole team.

I dont think we played very well. The midfielders were both good, and Hill and Brittain are both good players not playing in their natural position. Some of the others were ok, but its a loss I dont think anyone can argue with.

There was some very neat and tidy approach play, we get into the final third and it leads to very little in the way of reasonable chances.

And its in the immediate aftermath of another frustrating home loss.

7 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

I know of quite a few Leeds fans in the JW Upper today; the ones I was chatting to (sat behind me) had tickets bought by Rovers fans.  A couple of acquaintances also bought tickets for Leeds fans - this was always going to happen and it is difficult to blame the Club when this happens.

As for the game we seriously lacked an experienced striker and tried to play it around the penalty area.

We have no money for a striker in January unless it is funded by player sales or commercial activities. The owners are back in the Delhi High Court in January but this is another Interim Relief application similar to the recent application.

I thought we played well for periods but it was literally men v boys out there and clearly shows the farce and unfairness of parachute payments.

SS looked tired from the onset and sadly James Hill picked up an injury that could make him doubtful for Tuesday.

Rovers fans buying tickets for Leeds fans in home areas? That contravenes the ticketing regulations and in the past I think Rovers have banned supporters for doing this. It is irresponsible and simply shouldn't happen. You are right about it being difficult for the club but the Rovers fans doing it are bang out of order.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Guess i'm still smarting from another home defeat but don't agree with away fans in home areas. Passionate sport and i've bad experience with Leeds fans in Darwen End when that end was for home fans.

We've an outstanding manager who could do a lot better with a proper budget. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we played very well. The midfielders were both good, and Hill and Brittain are both good players not playing in their natural position. Some of the others were ok, but its a loss I dont think anyone can argue with.

There was some very neat and tidy approach play, we get into the final third and it leads to very little in the way of reasonable chances.

And its in the immediate aftermath of another frustrating home loss.

As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion but your assertion of not playing very well puts you in a minority. I dislike losing but surely there has to be some perspective in anybody's opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion but your assertion of not playing very well puts you in a minority. I dislike losing but surely there has to be some perspective in anybody's opinion.

I dont think its fair to dismiss my opinion as lacking perspective. I just have a different opinion to you.

I dont think Leeds were great either. We created precious little in the way of clear cut chances and never really looked like scoring. We also caused problems of our own making defensively. The 2 midfielders again were our best players, 7 out of 10 performances. 

Had I come on and said the players arent trying, the manager needs sacking, we embarassed ourselves etc, thats lacking perspective. We just didnt play well, owing to a lack of quality in key areas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Rovers fans buying tickets for Leeds fans in home areas? That contravenes the ticketing regulations and in the past I think Rovers have banned supporters for doing this. It is irresponsible and simply shouldn't happen. You are right about it being difficult for the club but the Rovers fans doing it are bang out of order.

I 100% agree.  Although I must admit when I go and watch Rovers at Leeds I normally sit in their kop with family.

It has been a problem for years when tickets are in demand.

Difficult to describe today's performance, we weren't awful, we did get our tackles in but we were slow, lazy, disinterested in the main 

Even Leeds weren't great, for a Rovers match I thought it was boring and I don't recall using that description before 👎

• Like 1

I am not angry or discouraged by today's performance. cos overall, I thought we played well. Approach play good but for me taking Leonard off at half time was a mistake cos he is the man we need in the box second half to convert our approach play chances. I would have like us signed someone like Pukki in the summer who gives you proven striker and goalscorer but didn't happen as we all know. 

For me the main difference between the two teams was Leeds quality up front was the difference between the 2 teams. Leeds are structured and organised with pace wide to burned. Plus quality on the bench like Gnorto and Spence. We don't. 

Brittain playing wide left. Shouldn't be happening. Didn't mind it against Stoke cos it stop Hoever influencing the game but now need changing. 

I thought the foul on Garrett was deffo a penalty plus the handball want to see again cos no clear foul. Tronstad our best player today.

Anyway lets move on and go and beat Bristol City on Tuesday

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think its fair to dismiss my opinion as lacking perspective. I just have a different opinion to you.

I dont think Leeds were great either. We created precious little in the way of clear cut chances and never really looked like scoring. We also caused problems of our own making defensively. The 2 midfielders again were our best players, 7 out of 10 performances. 

Had I come on and said the players arent trying, the manager needs sacking, we embarassed ourselves etc, thats lacking perspective. We just didnt play well, owing to a lack of quality in key areas.

The perspective I meant was how much the Leeds team cost against ours. They have parachute payments and in August could afford to turn down a near £19m offer for Gnonto. 

Leeds weren't great because we didn't allow them to be. For long periods we were their equal and at times better.

You are correct about having your right to an opinion but others have too.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The highlight of this thread has been Leeds' main lad mincing round Blackburn in a pair of stonewashed M&S jeans.

RIP

You said lad but he's in his mid-50's.

Image-1_0009_2.jpg.fceca71fb3165723c4cad5a54963ec4d.jpg

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

Szmodics aside, our attacking options are woeful.

Moran is too inconsistent, Leonard isn't ready, Sigurdsson started brilliantly but his form has dropped off a cliff edge, Markanday has never been good enough.

Ennis, Telalovic, Gallagher, Vale aren't good enough/permanently injured.

We've recruited poorly. We can cling to the hope players (Szmodics as an example) have improved a lot over time but that means it's a waiting game and they're unlikely to contribute anything this season.

Given the.. 

Budget

Our owners / lack of ambition and direction 

Injuries 

Our attendances 

We are doing brilliant, today we went toe to toe with a very good team, their quality shone through.. 

Personally really enjoying the effort and skill / way the team is playing, feel very proud of the boys... will be gutted once JDT moves on.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

I 100% agree.  Although I must admit when I go and watch Rovers at Leeds I normally sit in their kop with family.

It has been a problem for years when tickets are in demand.

I noticed some fighting in the corner of the Riverside followed by a few ejections. It's crazy to me that some Rovers fans will jeopardise other supporters safety.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Given the.. 

Budget

Our owners / lack of ambition and direction 

Injuries 

Our attendances 

We are doing brilliant, today we went toe to toe with a very good team, their quality shone through.. 

Personally really enjoying the effort and skill / way the team is playing, feel very proud of the boys... will be gutted once JDT moves on.

Couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1