BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

15 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I doubt that.... But maybe the coaches have made a decision that the two senior players (Hyam and Szmodics) need to be on all game?

Still seems bizarre when the game is won?

If it is what it takes to keep him happy and “in the zone” then it would not be unique and it is JDTs call to keep him playing the best football of his career.

(btw - I would have subbed him but man management in the modern game is not as easy as it was)

• Like 1

Much better second half. Could have scored 7 with one hitting the post and Arnor missing a good chance.

The cups bring something different, even though the overall situation doesn't look good at the minute.

United away in the next round, hopefully. That's the game for me.

• Like 2

I just can’t get excited about this. We won the 2nd half 2-0 but we should’ve been out of sight after the first half. Letting them get ahead twice is unforgivable. Some positives but I still feel deflated. Give me a convincing win against West Brom please or even better….a big fat 0 in the against coloumn. Off to get pissed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Much better second half. Could have scored 7 with one hitting the post and Arnor missing a good chance.

You must have missed Leonard's incredibly good chance. Just like Leonard.

1 minute ago, Danishfan said:

Can´t believe all the hate in this thread 😢 What happened to supporting our team.

We won 5-2, I  am proud of our players and our manager.

You are all welcome to downvote me, I have noticed that positive posts are not appriciated here.

There's no such thing as downvoting on here.

• Like 1

Some knee jerk reactions on here early on, blimey.

Pickering poor and with Wahlstedt in goal we’re always going to concede. Thank goodness for SS!

Disappointed Gilsenan didn’t get a chance. Hope he’s not injured.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Can´t believe all the hate in this thread 😢 What happened to supporting our team.

You are all welcome to downvote me, I have noticed that positive posts are not appriciated here.

That's how i'm feeling

I love the fa cup and really would like a day out at the 'new' wembley with the team i support

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

Some knee jerk reactions on here early on, blimey.

Pickering poor and with Wahlstedt in goal we’re always going to concede. Thank goodness for SS!

Disappointed Gilsenan didn’t get a chance. Hope he’s not injured.

It would be knee jerk if it was the first time these sort of errors had been made.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It would be knee jerk if it was the first time these sort of errors had been made.

Still knee jerk to be slating everyone at Ewood 6 minutes in against a L1 side. Doesn’t the result prove that? 

As I said with certain players in the team it’s expected to have a terrible defence at any level. Since Mowbray post L1 we’ve neglected the defence year after year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Jon mate we desperately relied on one player to pull us out the mire.

So yes got the job done comfortably in the end against lower opposition but the weaknesses remain for all to see, just way too easy to score against us for anybody.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Still knee jerk to be slating everyone at Ewood 6 minutes in against a L1 side. Doesn’t the result prove that? 

As I said with certain players in the team it’s expected to have a terrible defence at any level. Since Mowbray post L1 we’ve neglected the defence year after year.

No I don’t believe it does because the reaction is to a continuation of the last few weeks and not just to today in isolation.

• Like 1

6 defeats from 8 including drawing at home vs the bottom of the league side who haven’t won away since Adam was a lad. A run going back to early December Then going 1-0 down to Cambridge reserves. Dam these knee jerk reactions to a 6th minute goal. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Jon mate we desperately relied on one player to pull us out the mire.

So yes got the job done comfortably in the end against lower opposition but the weaknesses remain for all to see, just way too easy to score against us for anybody.

A league one team with a terrible away record. There first goal was nice to be fair, The second, no one commanded the area well enough abit of pinball and we conceded. As the game went on we defended well. Hyam popping up underneath his own crossbar a few times to clear. Something Ayala was really good at. Still no faith in our no 1 at the moment. Looks shaken, Needs that one game where he dominates his box. Be braver, we all know keepers are well protected. Looks scared to get hurt for the cause

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, levi said:

That's how i'm feeling

I love the fa cup and really would like a day out at the 'new' wembley with the team i support

We are well overdue a trip there. Must be just one of a handful of clubs to have never played there at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

We are well overdue a trip there. Must be just one of a handful of clubs to have never played there at this point. 

There is some crazy stat that only 5 or 6 clubs or something like that haven't played at it and of course we are one of those.