BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Last question (I promise!)

Did you ask why Mr Desai wanted to change to this way of doing things?

They get third party advice, always have.

They see this model works at other clubs. 

They think a football club needs departments , not micro management of each detail , hence different direct reports to them and different accountabilities.

The CEO in their model is by title only and not responsible for the playing side 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

They get third party advice, always have.

They see this model works at other clubs. 

They think a football club needs departments , not micro management of each detail , hence different direct reports to them and different accountabilities.

The CEO in their model is by title only and not responsible for the playing side 

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I appreciate you taking your time to reply. 

• Like 2

The football accountabilities are no longer SWs 

Ah okay. Pretty dysfunctional though that he doesnt rate GB, and I imagine the feeling is mutual.

How engaged in Mr Desai? Daily/weekly interaction or just dips in every few months?

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ah okay. Pretty dysfunctional though that he doesnt rate GB, and I imagine the feeling is mutual.

How engaged in Mr Desai? Daily/weekly interaction or just dips in every few months?

Daily as is Babu's (never missed a board meeting , SWs relationship is strong there and had this confirmed from both sides.

Mr D had reiterated daily and gone to every length to find ways of getting money into the club, their commitment to this (not popular i know) is unwaveredm

I think it be harsh to say he don't rate GB (he has an impossible job with no money).

The model , its fair to say is questionable.

I would say 100% though that lack of investment previously can be chucked firmly at Swags door, he just wants to balance books and has no intention of advising let's throw some cash at this,  which he could of in previous seasons when we was on a promotion push

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

Daily as is Babu's (never missed a board meeting , SWs relationship is strong there and had this confirmed from both sides.

I think it be harsh to say he don't rate GB (he has an impossible job with no money).

The model , its fair to say is questionable.

I’d love to see the organisational chart.

There must be lines going here there and everywhere.

• Like 1

The most important thing is to get into the next round which we did and in the end, in convincing and entertaining style. Not sure why people have to start implying that any Rovers fan was in anyway unhappy because they couldnt complain, but that seems to be a desperate and depressing growing trend.

It wasnt too dissimilar to the pattern of games across recent weeks and months, albeit against poorer and quickly tiring opposition, we created more chances, we were more ruthless and could have had 7 or 8. Defensively there is still plenty to worry about and the style we play creates further issues in that regard. Some of the interplay further forward especially as Cambridge tired however was a joy to watch.

Szmodics this season has been outstanding and his hat trick was very impressive. Tomasson has been restricted with a small squad but again missed a clear opportunity to wrap our main man in cotton wool for at least half an hour, didnt and he was struggling at the end. Hes not the type to play with the handbrake on and I just hope he is fine. He should have also been taken off at Southampton and was injured the following week, if he isnt injured then he quite possibly will be soon and Tomasson would have fingers pointed at him for not taking good chances to rest him.

Sigurdsson is a strange player, lots of half hearted flicks but he is the only one to really release any of the goalscoring burden from Szmodics because he himself offers a goal threat and picks up good goalscoring positions. Its a shame we only added a year on his contract and might have to sell in the summer.

The striking situation remains something we must address ASAP. Telalovic is a clumsy player, he held it up well at times but he doesnt look like scoring. Gallagher seems a shoe in to start as soon as he returns to fitness.

8 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

Strong team, clearly wants a cup run and boost to morale.

That said surprised Hilton not given a start, presume JDT has already decided he has no future.

Should be a good match for those there.

For once I was right. 7 goals, not bad for the reduced admission!

• Like 1

I'm very skeptical about some of SW's claims regarding GB as told by GM. 

Parts of the new model make sense and are in place at pretty much every successful club. Wether we have the money to do it and if GB can make more good moves than bad the jury is well and truly out. SW (or the previous model where he had more power) taking credit for most of the decent signings we've made comes across as snide and jealous. Some if it may be true but GB still pulled the trigger on those deals and seems to have been said to discredit GB, whose record without some of those slips well into the negative. 

Let's not forget the way the previous system worked. Players collected at random with little short or long term thought. Assetts allowed to walk out the door for nothing. A uncritical relationship between the ceo and the manager. We weren't very well run before and recruitment was similarly hit and miss, which happens when you don't have as much money to play with!!!

• Like 6

Thought they’d be a bit more respect for the opposition on this MB as you looked there for the taking today in the 1st half. Took your top scorer to get you going until the obvious gap in class told in the 2nd half. Please remember we couldn’t name a full bench today due to injuries & don’t have a single fit forward in the squad.  Good luck for the rest of the league season & FA cup as I’m an ex-pat (Cambridge) now northern local with my son a BBE season ticket holder so hope you can get your season rolling after today’s game & improve on last years near misses 

Also, what the feck was that firework about at HT ?

So, Maggott has no responsibilities on the football side, nor experience in actual football matters, but as CEO is ok with bad mouthing those who do whilst claiming credit for signings.

Way to go, sailing happy. What a leader.

The day I believe a word uttered by Maggott is the day I seek help from a mental health carer.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'm very skeptical about some of SW's claims regarding GB as told by GM. 

Parts of the new model make sense and are in place at pretty much every successful club. Wether we have the money to do it and if GB can make more good moves than bad the jury is well and truly out. SW (or the previous model where he had more power) taking credit for most of the decent signings we've made comes across as snide and jealous. Some if it may be true but GB still pulled the trigger on those deals and seems to have been said to discredit GB, whose record without some of those slips well into the negative. 

Let's not forget the way the previous system worked. Players collected at random with little short or long term thought. Assetts allowed to walk out the door for nothing. A uncritical relationship between the ceo and the manager. We weren't very well run before and recruitment was similarly hit and miss, which happens when you don't have as much money to play with!!!

I don't genuinely think he has taken a swipe at GB. He has acknowledged that GB has an impossible job with zero to spend. We've seen just this week loaning a captain out to free up wages to try and bring bodies in, I'm sure GB would rather Travis was in the building.

Stating that we've recruited on the back of 12-18 months research for certain signings is hardly a kick at GB?

I guess it's how you want to read into things.

In terms of the boards performance during its tenure, its been in the main mediocre and I don't think that's disputed here bar by SW and a handful of others 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So, Maggott has no responsibilities on the football side, nor experience in actual football matters, but as CEO is ok with bad mouthing those who do whilst claiming credit for signings.

Way to go, sailing happy. What a leader.

The day I believe a word uttered by Maggott is the day I seek help from a mental health carer.

As in my previous post , I don't believe he has bad mouthed a single person, it's not really his style, he has answered difficult questions posed.

The club sounds completely dyfunctional, Waggott doing one thing, Babu and Desai doing another. Broughton and JDT trying to work with what they've got. No money going in and no one doing their jobs particularly well.

Why they don't put it up for sale I'll never understand. It must be a chore to continue doing something you have no real interest in for no return. No passion, no fire, no chance.

If confirmation was ever needed that the club is ran by idiots, here we are.

Mr Desai was the one hit by a snowball. Maybe this continued nonsense is his way of doling out punishment. It'd explain a lot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Waggott said in the meeting I had last month GB was totally against bringing is Sammy. He had been monitored for 12 months prior to GB and when all other avenues closed , GB caved in.

Maybe true, maybe bullshit, but Waggot bitching about one of his colleagues - essentially in public (he must know you post here) - makes him look like a total prick to me.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Waggott said in the meeting I had last month GB was totally against bringing is Sammy. He had been monitored for 12 months prior to GB and when all other avenues closed , GB caved in.

‘Well he would say that wouldn’t he?’

• Like 5

I think its more of what you ask, how you ask it, and how you line the dominoes up.

I've made it perfectly clear from day dot to him, I don't do secret hand shakes or come for a balloon or picture. My time is precious and I will report exactly what's said.

We ain't playing games here, it's our football club and he might not like the questions,  but he is gonna get them anyway and be probed , probed again until he gives a tangible answer.

If I was rating him against the others who came before , I'd put him behind Shaw in terms of progress. I strongly believe he is holding the club back and I've seen zero evidence in the meetings to date that we can improve without a wholesale board change.

He has this strategy that he wants to be everyone's friend. It's a terrible recipe for change as the reality is, he holds all the strings and the more he keeps people quiet the longer progress won't be forthcoming 

Waggot does ‘secret handshakes’? I can believe it. It explains how such a useless cunt can come to be earning so much money.

I hope you enjoyed probing him 😳

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Getting into the hat for the next round is the only thing that matters in the cup.  It was an entertaining game, particularly in the second-half.  However, on the downside, it was disappointing to see how easy our defence was ripped open  in the first half.  We simply can't keep giving away these easy goals.  This is something JDT has to sort out sooner rather than later.  Don't mind if it's a change of personnel or system, but something needs to change to make us more solid at the back.

Pleased that Leonard scored as it will boost his confidence.  The lad does get into good positions in the box and hopefully will start to convert a higher percentage of the chances he gets.

Once again, today showed just how much we rely on Szmodics.  I can't believe that there aren't clubs looking at him in this window.

I think if Ipswich offered silly money it would seal their promotion spot. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I think if Ipswich offered silly money it would seal their promotion spot. 

Can't disagree we need money , they want promotion. I think lots be sniffing now to see if they can grab him, and with his age. I'm sure he would jump at the chance to try and get in the prem

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superniko said:

Looks like he could play until Christmas and still not score. 

JDT is a funny one - Telalovic clearly has a very short leash. I thought he was good last week and was ok today. I've certainly seen players play much worse for 45 minutes under JDT and not be hooked at half time. 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT is a funny one - Telalovic clearly has a very short leash. I thought he was good last week and was ok today. I've certainly seen players play much worse for 45 minutes under JDT and not be hooked at half time. 

........ against Rotherham? That was the first proper view I've had of the lad and I would hardly label him "good". He's a willing worker and chases every cause but dear me, the ability and quality are sorely lacking. He'll probably end up in non-league football back in Germany

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I also think he's improving with each appearance but so far he's not had any luck with his shots. 

A main reason for the exit of Travis is that he doesn't fit JDTs preferred only style of play.

If that is true it also applies to Semir with spades.

Edited by AllRoverAsia