BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

That recruitment has been a shambles and at times "embarrassing" (referring to last January). His words not mine.

Hyam, Sammy, Brittain our long standing relationship with Brighton is the old regime, way of doing things and 12/18 months of solid scouting/data provided by the departing old guard.

The model had always been making a profit and it was acknowledged the likes of Armstrong etc were bought with that in mind.

Now through circumstances of time,  finance and change, its just not worked for one reason or another and its those coming though our ranks now seen as the next cheque rather than smart recruitment which was in place for the previous 5 years.

I don't believe there is some sort of power struggle, I do believe we are taking more risk than we've ever done, hence more misses than hits to date (which in fairness is dictated somewhat by being potless)

Sadly football is run "live" daily , time is one thing that no one gets.

GB has no money to work with, which makes it difficult to be critical.

Fault lies at the door of the owners and board 

Funny he should say that because where the fuck was he when it counted last January?

The guy really is as thick as they come.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

He needs the boot before he loads us with anymore unmovable rubbish then as i thought his saving grace was signings like Sammie.

We already know the club had Brittain and Hyam already on their lists so it's hard to credit him with those.

I think Broughton has been appointed to a position that is beyond his skill set.

Yes, we are skint, which doesn’t help, but that’s all the more reason to appoint someone who has more experience at senior level.

Broughton’s experience is at youth level.

Many more Ennis and Telalovics and we’re knackered.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I see rovers bought on a 15 year old. Youngest ever player. I suspect it’s more to do with the crèche mentality than being good enough but still he’s in the history books

or trying to get a highly sought after youngster that he has an instant first team route at the club so please...please sign a contract before he goes somewhere else

• Like 4

14 hours ago, islander200 said:

Agreed , it like people have forgotten he led us to our best finish in the table since relegation last season and for parts of this season sat in the top 10 and not far away from the playoffs at all.Even though we finished 7th in the championship last season his tactics will never work in this league apparently 

Yeah, there were some bizarre posts on here during the first half yesterday. Really surprised by it all after just one very poor month.

Well done to Rovers (Sam Smodz in particular, goals aside he put in one hell of a shift) yesterday.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

or trying to get a highly sought after youngster that he has an instant first team route at the club so please...please sign a contract before he goes somewhere else

I’ll wager one of two things will happen. Either he turns out to be shit and folk will look back and wonder who the hell he was or if he’s the real deal we’ll let him walk away for gratis to another club. That’s just how we roll.

21 minutes ago, frosty said:

Yeah, there were some bizarre posts on here during the first half yesterday. Really surprised by it all after just one very poor month.

Well done to Rovers (Sam Smodz in particular, goals aside he put in one hell of a shift) yesterday.

I was at the match so no chance of a reception anyway, but it’s why I never comment on the thread during the game, football is a fluid sport that you need to judge at full time, you can look a bit daft calling for the manager’s head, ‘clown’, ‘clueless’, stating we are going down etc etc if the team improves/turns the game round.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

57 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I see rovers bought on a 15 year old. Youngest ever player. I suspect it’s more to do with the crèche mentality than being good enough but still he’s in the history books

I think it's a mixture of things. 1) He's highly regarded. 2) It shows him and others that there is a progression from youth to first team. 3) Playing in the first team helps with any future compensation issue if a big team comes in. 4) It is a message to the board that we are desperate for players. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was at the match so no chance of a reception anyway, but it’s why I never comment on the thread during the game, football is a fluid sport that you need to judge at full time, you can look a bit daft calling for the manager’s head, ‘clown’, ‘clueless’, stating we are going down etc etc if the team improves/turns the game round.

In all fairness, if we concede the first goal then 99% of the time you'd be right calling for the final whistle and writing the game off as a loss.

That's regardless of who the manager is. 

I can comment too much on Telalovic yesterday as I didn’t go, but looking at his movement and first time ball to Carter, to setup the first goal, looks promising…Creates an option for Garrett who looked like he was struggling for options.

Still very raw but there’s a players to work with there - I prefer him to Ennis. 

• Like 3

I enjoyed the game yesterday, simply because we won for a change.

You can only beat what's in front of you, as the adage goes, but we played pretty well second half and the football was good watch at times. 

The big problems remain and are there for all to see, though. Back in the harsher world of the Championship, we'll continue to leak goals with that novice goalkeeper of ours, our defence regularly gets exposed, and we're almost totally reliant on Sczmodics for goals. I dread to think what will happen should he, AWharton, or Tronstad be absent for any time.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

I think Broughton has been appointed to a position that is beyond his skill set.

Yes, we are skint, which doesn’t help, but that’s all the more reason to appoint someone who has more experience at senior level.

Broughton’s experience is at youth level.

Many more Ennis and Telalovics and we’re knackered.

Yes as time moves on i think that is evident and as mentioned to be fair to him his zero budget means that's all we can go after anyway.

However to do what these lot are now trying to do i.e have a competitive Championship team propped up by cheap but experienced capable players whilst filling gaps with good potential it needs a really really shrewd performer.

As does the technical area as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I can comment too much on Telalovic yesterday as I didn’t go, but looking at his movement and first time ball to Carter, to setup the first goal, looks promising…Creates an option for Garrett who looked like he was struggling for options.

Still very raw but there’s a players to work with there - I prefer him to Ennis. 

I disagree tbh. I don't think there's anything other than a lower league striker there.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He’s 24, in his prime years. He’s not going to get much better so what you see now is probably as good as it gets. Like Vale he looks like a non-league striker to me

• Like 2

Overall view from me....

Lethargic start and cocky attitude and pre preparation not done seriously. 

The defence is shit , goalie shit  and bar smod players wernt arsed. It was best time to score before halftime as there were going to be  boos and fireworks ( yes , I went there).  2nd half improvement and could of , no should of been 8 . Glad Leonard scored after one the all time misses at Ewood.  

When's the draw.

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He’s 24, in his prime years. He’s not going to get much better so what you see now is probably as good as it gets. Like Vale he looks like a non-league striker to me

It’s irrelevant what age a player is before they reach their best ability. 

He’s been in the country 5 months and hardly had any game time . I’m happy to give him more time. Ideally a loan out would be perfect for him in League 1z

Edited by BankEnd Rover

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It’s irrelevant what age a player is before they reach their best ability. 

He’s been in the country 5 months and hardly had any game time . I’m happy to give him more time. Ideally a loan out would be perfect for him in League 1z

We've no choice but to give him more time.

Some idiot gave him a 3 year deal, and I'd be amazed if another league club would take him off our hands.

• Like 2