BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

6 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

Duncan and I were aware of this but it was always up to the Club to announce.

Fair play to the Club for listening and having the balls to act. 

They haven't shown any balls at all.

The digital day was a total disaster and they have done a last minute U turn in a fleeting attempt to try and save face.

They should have come out and apologised well over a week ago now and got this issue sorted.

They are not fit for purpose, any of them. The only thing that we should be working towards is getting the for sale sign up above the door.

• Like 8

They really are a shambles. Presumably frasier ‘Costa coffee’ read’s head will roll for enforcing such a pathetic idea in the first place. An idea that’s lost the club a fortune and more importantly fostered more ill will and at a club that doesn’t have any credit in the bank to begin with.

However, you don’t need to be Nostradamus to predict like everything else under the rug it goes. Pretty full under there at this point 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

‘Showing balls’ would’ve been consulting with fans before they went on sale, ‘balls’ would’ve been listening to the feedback in the first couple of days and offering an alternative, ‘balls’ isn’t head in the sand arrogance stonewalling impassioned fans who had contacted them, ‘balls’ isn’t a panicked u-turn with less than 48 hours to go when they are looking down the barrel of the club’s worst ever FA Cup crowd.

They have embarrassed themselves and the club once again, but yet once again not an ounce of contrition in that statement.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

Who cares who we put in the shirts ? I’ve given up ….and it’s  far less painful . Hope the few thousand who have managed “ digital Saturday “ enjoy their experience. 
We’ve nothing to support , respect or believe anymore . Club stinks from top to bottom. 

• Like 5

"Yasin has good technical and physical attributes along with a great character.

“His ability to play in any of the midfield roles gives us good depth and competition in that area for the second half of the season.

“We look forward to seeing Yasin in our blue-and-white shirt over the coming weeks and months.”

Ayari is eligible to make his Rovers debut against Cambridge in the FA Cup third round on Saturday afternoon.'

3 hours ago, philipl said:

If it is any consolation, Cambridge have an injury crisis and their new boss has said the next League game takes priority.

Like a helping of humiliation with our embarrassment at losing?

I suspect makes our humiliation all the greater. 

Edited by matt83

Hats off to anyone who goes tomorrow, you're either super loyal, extremely bored or a bit simple. I've not felt so disillusioned for a long long time and today's transfer activity, if you can describe it as that, has done nothing to sway me!

• Like 1

If Chris Sutton is right, stayaways will be missing the biggest Ewood goalfest since we tonked West Ham 7-1.

If...

We are apparently going to make less than the 10 changes JDT made at Harrogate.

Edited by philipl

1 hour ago, philipl said:

If Chris Sutton is right, stayaways will be missing the biggest Ewood goalfest since we tonked West Ham 7-1.

If...

We are apparently going to make less than the 10 changes JDT made at Harrogate.

Dilan Markanday will be on the right with Harry Leonard set to lead the line after a spell on the bench. Zak Gilsenan could make up the attack on the left-hand side.

Screenshot_2024-01-06-07-17-35-29_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Hats off to anyone who goes tomorrow, you're either super loyal, extremely bored or a bit simple. I've not felt so disillusioned for a long long time and today's transfer activity, if you can describe it as that, has done nothing to sway me!

I always look forward to the FA cup. Hoping we see a win and good overall team performance.

Bought my and missus tickets yesterday. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I always look forward to the FA cup. Hoping we see a win and good overall team performance.

Good on you pal and I hope they put on a bit of a show for you. Wrap up warm it's a nippy one this morning 👍

It came up on my timeline yesterday that I was in Newcastle 5 years ago for the FA CUP, safe to say I was a bit more inspired then.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Good on you pal and I hope they put on a bit of a show for you. Wrap up warm it's a nippy one this morning 👍

It came up on my timeline yesterday that I was in Newcastle 5 years ago for the FA CUP, safe to say I was a bit more inspired then.

Thanks very much

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

When push comes to shove its all about supporting Blackburn Rovers the football team, not spending hour after hour sat in an armchair on the internet slagging of people in suits many have never met (I'm guilty too).

As Ossy says above, enjoy the game, after all this is what its all about isn't it?

Rovers 3 Cambridge 1

• Like 3

Would anyone risk* trying one of our young keepers out today? Preferably one that can cope on set pieces? I know absolutely nothing about Cambridge but I bet they have a few big lumps they can get up top on set pieces. If they've done any sort of homework they'll know this is their path to an upset. I say upset, but we're 9/20 at home to win in the cup to Cambridge! That really does show you how poor we've been lately. We should be like 1/5 if the bookies had any sort of confidence in us...

*not sure it's even a risk after watching the last few