BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

Won’t be attending, not because of the digital fiasco but just because it’s been so poor at Ewood for so long. If it wasn’t for my season ticket would prob take a break from it for a few months.

As a knock on effect we will probably play out of our skin and win 10-0 now 😂

10 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Won’t be attending, not because of the digital fiasco but just because it’s been so poor at Ewood for so long. If it wasn’t for my season ticket would prob take a break from it for a few months.

As a knock on effect we will probably play out of our skin and win 10-0 now 😂

I will attend, but only because my work roster is preventing me from attending league games until February, (which may not be a bad thing!)

With the media team currently plugging comedy nights at Ewood, perhaps our on-field comedy will peak on Saturday.

21 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's live on a lot of international TV so I'll be viewing the digital disaster as it happens.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4848265/blackburn-rovers-vs-cambridge-united/

Yes, I get this on ESPN+.

Cambridge is in the bottom 3rd of League 1, battling relegation. Rovers have done fairly well in Cups under jdt, so this is a big win, right?

I’m saying 3-2. & hoping for that result.

1 minute ago, Mike Graham said:

Duncan and I were aware of this but it was always up to the Club to announce.

Fair play to the Club for listening and having the balls to act. 

How come you were aware? Just curious!

complete bunch of stupid clowns and i'll include in that all the idiots pushing total digitisation of everything.

Too stupid to realise it's all about silicone valley taking control of everything and making the usual corporations, investors and Blackrock etc huge dividends.

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Whilst the digital process has worked well, with a number of supporters managing to switch to a digital and more sustainable form of ticketing, "

Do they read the forums then?!

Thats just to protect whatever idiot dreamt it up. Empty seats speak for themselves, there's never been this many less than 48hrs before before a game. 

Anyway, at least someone saw the light and scrapped it (despite how they've dressed it up) so thanks for that and as promised i will now attend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

How come you were aware? Just curious!

As Supporters Trust Board members we meet with the Club formally and informally on a regular basis.  
The meetings are an excellent opportunity for us to touch base albeit some debate will be confidential and we will never breech that confidentiality.

Edited by Mike Graham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

should of listened in the first instance not 2 days before kickoff and minimal sales.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Whilst the digital process has worked well, with a number of supporters managing to switch to a digital and more sustainable form of ticketing, "

Do they read the forums then?!

IF THEY DO .... MAGGOT AND VENKSCUM GET OUTTA OUR CLUB

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

So they were aware, but for all of yesterday afternoon and evening their lead story on the website was this - https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/03/digital-day-comes-to-ewood-for-cup-fixture-/ which told people the opposite.

Fair play for speaking to them, but practically every decision looks like it’s made by a bunch of fucking imbeciles. And Waggots comments on the displays and the legends nights show that the leaders have no idea what’s going on. 

edit - just seen this entire point is made on the ‘other’ thread about this PR disaster.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

Common theme under Waggott's leadership

Waggott Tax - scrapped (I think?)

Introduction of match day charge to Blues Bar -scrapped

Flogging off the training ground - scrapped

Digital Day - scrapped

Consistent theme of taking the piss and seeing how much he can get away with. The one thing he seems unwilling to bend on is reversing previous price increases to ST's as that would involve a bit of work in getting more people into the ground to raise the same revenue.

Here's a novel idea - how about NOT making these ludicrous decisions at all and making good ones in the first instance? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So they were aware, but for all of yesterday afternoon and evening their lead story on the website was this - https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/03/digital-day-comes-to-ewood-for-cup-fixture-/ which told people the opposite.

Fair play for speaking to them, but practically every decision looks like it’s made by a bunch of fucking imbeciles. And Waggots comments on the displays and the legends nights show that the leaders have no idea what’s going on. 

edit - just seen this entire point is made on the ‘other’ thread about this PR disaster.

If it looks like a duck…

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Common theme under Waggott's leadership

Waggott Tax - scrapped (I think?)

Introduction of match day charge to Blues Bar -scrapped

Flogging off the training ground - scrapped

Digital Day - scrapped

Consistent theme of taking the piss and seeing how much he can get away with. The one thing he seems unwilling to bend on is reversing previous price increases to ST's as that would involve a bit of work in getting more people into the ground to raise the same revenue.

Here's a novel idea - how about NOT making these ludicrous decisions at all and making good ones in the first instance? 

Is Waggot trying actively to reduce the gate?