BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Well we've been told to ask him so......

Screenshot_20240203_191534_LinkedIn.jpg

“I work in the M&A side of football, in that I was a biz dev exec for a poultry pharmaceutical company from India, after some time distributing sweets and fruit juice, all before my boss decided to buy a football club that none of us know how to run.”

Give me a fucking break. This guy needs a light shining on him, he’s clearly the rotten apple.

• Like 5

If he wants to go, then go. If he wants to stay then stay, but what we can't afford is for him to stay and be sulking around the place.

I don't go to work all week to watch that gutless shite on a Saturday, I don't care whose fault it is.

• Like 4

Today felt weird - I couldn't make it down, so watched on (completely legitimate...) TV.

And I felt nothing. Normally you'd get that knot in your stomach when the other team score, or a bit of excitement when we got one back.

Even getting pissed off when that ginger kid on their team was winding our fans up near the end.
Still, nothing.

Almost felt like a neutral watching.
And I'm one of the more optimistic fans (certainly on here anyway).

Feels like something big is happening and not good big.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

If he wants to go, then go. If he wants to stay then stay, but what we can't afford is for him to stay and be sulking around the place.

I don't go to work all week to watch that gutless shite on a Saturday, I don't care whose fault it is.

It is time to show if JDT is a good manager or not.

14 minutes ago, booth said:

It's quite clear that if he asked to go, and they wouldn't let him, then he's bound by contract or he'd be away.

I'm not sure why people are debating this.

It's also easy to work out what happened.

He got us to within a whisker of the play offs.
They told him the project had changed.
He asks if he can leave as this isn't what he signed up for.
They shit themselves and say no. A manager leaving the club on a relative high would be strange and raise questions.

I don’t think it’s exactly like this. I think the fact that the budget was being reduced was related to him, with the excuse of the financial difficulties in India. He essentially offered to leave on good terms, without a payout, because the club has changed tack and is suffering financial difficulty.

They’ve very likely lied to him. “Well, it’s not as bad as that, Jon and our lawyers will have this sorted in no time.”

April, is apparently the time it really raised its head, from memory. In February the year following, the Indian courts aren’t even picking up their calls, as it were.

He’s mad that he didn’t put himself on the market over the summer at a club with a real infrastructure, real ambitions and even something as basic as a commercial operation.

He’s probably most cross at himself for buying it. I think he’ll see the season out or at least until he’s sacked this season, on principle, but he’s essentially bulletproof for future jobs:

”Jon, your last club ended up relegated, can you explain what happened?”

”have you heard of Venky’s?”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

If " yer man " really wants to leave, he needs to be a little more robust about matters ... He could simply pack up his things and resign, at which point the owners could try and sue him for not fulfilling his contract.

His response should then be " OK, see you in Court ", at which point he would then be obliged to reveal the promises made to him about the support he was promised, in terms of transfer funds, retaining players etc. The other Rovers staff and owners would be called as witnesses under oath, at which point the Venkys would quickly settle " out of court ", or drop any case, to avoid having to reveal financial details or details of their Indian Court issues. The alternative would be for him to resign, and then bring a " Constructive Dismissal " case against the Club, again citing mental stress, family issues, loss of reputation etc that were caused by the false promises given by the owners and/or Senior members of the BRFC management .. 

He could do this but when he asked to leave it appeared relatively rosy. It would have been difficult to renege when the club was in an arguably decent state, finishing outside the play offs on goal difference. All to play for in the coming season with a veneer of respectability

Now it's more difficult to defend themselves after allowing their sleazy affairs to interfere with the running of the club.

It says a lot about the club and the owners that they won't come to a mutual agreement when a manager wants to leave. It's obvious that it's not good for anyone, and they refused purely to avoid answering awkward questions.

Like, why did your most successful appointment want to leave after one season?

We're probably in as big a mess now as we were when we were last relegated to league one, if not worse. 

We've seemingly missed out on signing Dunc in similar circumstances to how we missed out on signing O'Brien last year; we have a manager who is out of his depth in my opinion, just look at our goals against column and that will tell you why I think that; there are question marks over the extent of Szmodics' injury; an exec board who are not up to the job as they've proved time and time again; and owners who are terrible beyond belief.

I am now of the mindset that I expect us to go down as there are so many fundamental problems at the club. It's not just about a bad run of form.

The only hope is that Stoke seem in as big a mess as we are and we do have a game in hand on QPR. I don't see how we put enough wins together to get out of it though. We are shockingly bad.

• Like 3

JDT wanted out in the summer when the "project" got the hand grenade.

He could have forced the issue then but didn't.

He knows what has happened in this window and was gagged by the club and still is.

With his comments in that longer interview now in the public domain, pointing at the owners, CEO and the fruit juice salesman, his position is untenable.

The club must come to an amicable parting... now.

The players know already that their manager wants out and that he had nowt to do with the new recruits. His words ...I'm the coach.

This fiasco has to stop.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is time to show if JDT is a good manager or not.

Agreed, we've played some great stuff this season, we know we can do it. I just can't do with the thought of sulking behind the scenes. 

We're in a position where we can't afford anything less than 100%. To be honest, I'm way past pinning my colours to the mast of any player, coach or manager. They can all stay or go, I'll get over it. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Or you could actually address the issue, it may help you to rid yourselves of your owners ... 

I can just imagine a half decent " brief " asking Rover's Directors, " So what you are effectively telling me, is that the future of this great historic Football Club, is at the whim of an Indian Judge ? If there is no firm guarantee of financial support, the Company for whom you work is currently trading insolvently, and you are a Director of that Company, and may be personally legally liable for the losses and debts incurred, do you agree ? "

You should add “optimistic” to your moniker on here, because while you’re right, if the above were the case, we’re actually in a grey area, where we’re nowhere near trading insolvently, frustratingly enough.

We sold one of our most valuable assets this week, which was Adam Wharton’s registration. We have quite a few of those left, as it happens. Adam Wharton’s is the kind of money that can cover a year-and-more’s forecasted losses. We can further cut costs than we have done, we could really drive everything down, long before you’d describe us as trading insolvently.

Now, when you add common sense in, you realise and say, “but that’s no way to run a football club,” and you’d be right!

The thing is, there isn’t really anything written down anywhere that prevents a football club in relative distress from selling its playing staff’s registrations. Except fan outrage, usually, but ours are seemingly not that fussed, for the moment.

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Agreed, we've played some great stuff this season, we know we can do it. I just can't do with the thought of sulking behind the scenes. 

We're in a position where we can't afford anything less than 100%. To be honest, I'm way past pinning my colours to the mast of any player, coach or manager. They can all stay or go, I'll get over it. 

There's a lot worse than sulking going on behind the scenes.

The owners need to sell the club, they are clearly incapable of governing it and have little respect for BRFC as a historic institution, and even less respect for the fans.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, booth said:

There's a lot worse than sulking going on behind the scenes.

The owners need to sell the club, they are clearly incapable of governing it and have little respect for BRFC as a historic institution, and even less respect for the fans.

The owners aren't picking the team, or pulling their boots on, let's not make it an excuse.

That today wasn't acceptable and it will lead to relegation. 

• Like 4

An absolutely appalling perfomance befitting of the overall appalling situation of the club at the moment. The McGuire situation is a further embarassment and there is justified criticism of the board and crucially at the owners who are as always the culprits of this mess.

Tomasson is gaining kudos for speaking up and rightly so. It was proved that he isnt perhaps the unpopular opposite of the supposedly unquestionable Mowbray and people thankfully realise that the problems lie above him. He has been left with a shell of a squad although he shouldnt totally be exempt from criticism considering our horror run.

Performance wise. Moran is shocking and his performance led to Tronstad struggling too. Wharton was shaky too and Rankin Costello was well below his normal level. Szmodics was off colour and Dolan was ineffective too. Chrisene was better than his debut.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_B said:

The owners aren't picking the team, or pulling their boots on, let's not make it an excuse.

That today wasn't acceptable and it will lead to relegation. 

The owners aren't doing anything. They passively allow a handful of under qualified people to make the executive decisions whilst their sleazy affairs impact the clubs finances.

That's what will lead the club to relegation.

If you deny that, then you're excusing them.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

An absolutely appalling perfomance befitting of the overall appalling situation of the club at the moment. The McGuire situation is a further embarassment and there is justified criticism of the board and crucially at the owners who are as always the culprits of this mess.

Tomasson is gaining kudos for speaking up and rightly so. It was proved that he isnt perhaps the unpopular opposite of the supposedly unquestionable Mowbray and people thankfully realise that the problems lie above him. He has been left with a shell of a squad although he shouldnt totally be exempt from criticism considering our horror run.

Performance wise. Moran is shocking and his performance led to Tronstad struggling too. Wharton was shaky too and Rankin Costello was well below his normal level. Szmodics was off colour and Dolan was ineffective too. Chrisene was better than his debut.

JRC was bloody awful today, Szmodics was garbage first half and then spent the second doing some ‘show pressing’ i.e. wasting energy looking busy before seemingly spitting his dummy out and going off injured. S Wharton is an honest servant but by Christ how he’s made it to the championship being so one footed is beyond me. The amount of trouble we play ourselves into as he has to shift on to his left or play backward because he can’t play off his right is criminal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

The owners aren't doing anything. They passively allow a handful of under qualified people to make the executive decisions whilst their sleazy affairs impact the clubs finances.

That's what will lead the club to relegation.

If you deny that, then you're excusing them.

I'm not excusing anyone anything. 

Whatever happens at board level happens, but they're not playing against Stoke next Saturday and we badly need a result. 

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

The one positive I picked up on was that Pears was pretty good.
Proactive, quick off his line and decisive

The 1-on-1 save was very good, too.

Agreed, he also claimed a couple of low shot/crosses that Leo would have palmed out into the middle of the 6 yard box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

The one positive I picked up on was that Pears was pretty good.
Proactive, quick off his line and decisive

The 1-on-1 save was very good, too.

I think he stood on his line too much for a while but adjusted after a while. Not a leader though, only shouts 'come on lads!'. Not the only one who isn't a leader in today's team btw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'm not excusing anyone anything. 

Whatever happens at board level happens, but they're not playing against Stoke next Saturday and we badly need a result. 

Arguably, a clumsily assembled team of mismatched players will be playing.  Certainly not players capable of a relegation fight, which the CEO and Venkys puppets knew about in advance but failed to prepare for both in terms of coaching staff and players.

Even worse, when the head coach offered to leave he was told to carry on his footballing philosophy. Champagne football on next to no budget.

The defending for both goals was (yet again) shambolic. Chair (not for the first time) was shown inside which is exactly what he wants to get a shot off. For the second goal - where in God's name was the marking as the scorer was allowed to advance about 5 yards with the ball before shooting. 

52 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

“I work in the M&A side of football, in that I was a biz dev exec for a poultry pharmaceutical company from India, after some time distributing sweets and fruit juice, all before my boss decided to buy a football club that none of us know how to run.”

Give me a fucking break. This guy needs a light shining on him, he’s clearly the rotten apple.

“Responsible for the successful acquisition of Blackburn Rovers Football Club…” Successful as in “we actually managed to fill in the forms and sign the agreements”?

Has anyone here approached Pasha (Suhail Shaik) through LinkedIn? Why don’t we just do it now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

The defending for both goals was (yet again) shambolic. Chair (not for the first time) was shown inside which is exactly what he wants to get a shot off. For the second goal - where in God's name was the marking as the scorer was allowed to advance about 5 yards with the ball before shooting. 

Laughable wasn’t it, twice in the first 10 they showed chair onto his left foot and he went nowhere immediately that success was followed up with showing him onto his right for the remaining 90 mins! 

• Like 1