BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

16 minutes ago, booth said:

Arguably, a clumsily assembled team of mismatched players will be playing.  Certainly not players capable of a relegation fight, which the CEO and Venkys puppets knew about in advance but failed to prepare for both in terms of coaching staff and players.

Even worse, when the head coach offered to leave he was told to carry on his footballing philosophy. Champagne football on next to no budget.

Come on, they can play a lot better than they did today, their second goal was pathetic from our point of view. At that point, I have to admit I wasn't blaming Waggot for not closing Hodge down,sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

We're probably in as big a mess now as we were when we were last relegated to league one, if not worse

Much worse I think. Last time round I felt confident we would come straight back up. Not now.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Come on, they can play a lot better than they did today, their second goal was pathetic from our point of view. At that point, I have to admit I wasn't blaming Waggot for not closing Hodge down,sorry.

Agreed and I think this is where we do need to have some nuance and separate the two issues of off field shit show and on field shit show.

Whilst there is no denying the two have a link, our performance today was unacceptable regardless of anything else that’s going on. there was a point in the first half where JRC, hyam and Wharton stood, after Armstrong missed his 57th chance hands out looking at each saying “what do we do” they looked totally lost, which considering hyam, JRC and Scott have probably 200 championship appearances between is a pretty damping indictment of how we set up to play 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

You don't blame Waggott for not closing down Hodge, you blame him for being a supine fuckwit. For allowing the squad to fall into such decline. For employing a manager incapable of a relegation scrap. All of those things that have led us to this moment.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, booth said:

You don't blame Waggott for not closing down Hodge, you blame him for being a supine fuckwit. For allowing the squad to fall into such decline. For employing a manager incapable of a relegation scrap. All of those things that have led us to this moment.

You're right, I'm not exonerating anyone of blame, but that doesn't help at 3 o'clock next Saturday. Lancaster Rover has summed it up perfectly above.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Agreed and I think this is where we do need to have some nuance and separate the two issues of off field shit show and on field shit show.

Whilst there is no denying the two have a link, our performance today was unacceptable regardless of anything else that’s going on. there was a point in the first half where JRC, hyam and Wharton stood, after Armstrong missed his 57th chance hands out looking at each saying “what do we do” they looked totally lost, which considering hyam, JRC and Scott have probably 200 championship appearances between is a pretty damping indictment of how we set up to play 

You've said it better than I could. My granddaughter came today, she's 12 and plays all the time, rather than watching.

Twenty minutes in she said when did him with the bun come on?

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

JDT wanted out in the summer when the "project" got the hand grenade.

He could have forced the issue then but didn't.

He knows what has happened in this window and was gagged by the club and still is.

With his comments in that longer interview now in the public domain, pointing at the owners, CEO and the fruit juice salesman, his position is untenable.

The club must come to an amicable parting... now.

The players know already that their manager wants out and that he had nowt to do with the new recruits. His words ...I'm the coach.

This fiasco has to stop.

Spot on. We need points now…then chuck it all in a skip on 1st June & start again.

• Like 3

Just now, M_B said:

You're right, I'm not exonerating anyone of blame, but that doesn't help at 3 o'clock next Saturday. Lancaster Rover has summed it up perfectly above.

I don't believe this collection of players can do much better. We have no Samba's, Todd's, Kevin Moran's. There's been no rhyme or reason to picking up some of these players at all. Recruitment have just gone, here you go, make something of that.

We're relying on a moment of magic from Sammie every game. We simply don't have the forward players with enough about them in this league, we're playing without fullbacks when JRC goes forward. Chrisene and Siggy is suicide but what's the other option? Tronstad, without Wharton, was on his own. It's an absolute mess and we'll need a magician not a coach or a manager.

And at the same time there's so many players disappearing in the Summer, you have to wonder if they give a stuff.

The guys at the top don't seem to.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, booth said:

I don't believe this collection of players can do much better. We have no Samba's, Todd's, Kevin Moran's. There's been no rhyme or reason to picking up some of these players at all.

Worryingly, we have no Mulgrews, Grahams, Bennett’s, Smallwoods or Del Boys like we had when we went down last time. If we did go down it would be champ loans covering the holes in the squad.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

The gaff is down to Broughton, whispers he’s going to walk and take responsibility for the transfer failings. 

He's welcome to fall on his own sword but stab Waggott and Fruit Juice in the back on the way out.

Naturally I mean verbally.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, booth said:

I don't believe this collection of players can do much better. We have no Samba's, Todd's, Kevin Moran's. There's been no rhyme or reason to picking up some of these players at all. Recruitment have just gone, here you go, make something of that.

We're relying on a moment of magic from Sammie every game. We simply don't have the forward players with enough about them in this league, we're playing without fullbacks when JRC goes forward. Chrisene and Siggy is suicide but what's the other option? Tronstad, without Wharton, was on his own. It's an absolute mess and we'll need a magician not a coach or a manager.

And at the same time there's so many players disappearing in the Summer, you have to wonder if they give a stuff.

Completely agree with this, some of our fans need to wake up, have a reality check and realise that our squad isn't very good.

Honestly I look at it and I'm not even sure it is as good a squad as the one that went down under Coyle and Mowbray. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

An absolutely appalling perfomance befitting of the overall appalling situation of the club at the moment. The McGuire situation is a further embarassment and there is justified criticism of the board and crucially at the owners who are as always the culprits of this mess.

Tomasson is gaining kudos for speaking up and rightly so. It was proved that he isnt perhaps the unpopular opposite of the supposedly unquestionable Mowbray and people thankfully realise that the problems lie above him. He has been left with a shell of a squad although he shouldnt totally be exempt from criticism considering our horror run.

Performance wise. Moran is shocking and his performance led to Tronstad struggling too. Wharton was shaky too and Rankin Costello was well below his normal level. Szmodics was off colour and Dolan was ineffective too. Chrisene was better than his debut.

It almost feels a side-note at the moment, but what formation was it today? The 3-5-2 at Wrexham worked very well, even with JRC out-of-position. I would've thought Tomasson would try and stick with that. There is a major problem in that most of our defenders are slow - so, against better opposition, the Liverpool defender who is apparently, quick, might play an important role. Not sure about O'Riordan.

Edit: Wharton and Hyam simply can't be a centre back pairing, given their lack of pace, unless the tactic is to sit on the edge of the penalty box.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

It almost feels a side-note at the moment, but what formation was it today? The 3-5-2 at Wrexham worked very well, even with JRC out-of-position. I would've thought Tomasson would try and stick with that. There is a major problem in that most of our defenders are slow - so, against better opposition, the Liverpool defender who is apparently, quick, might play an important role. Not sure about O'Riordan.

Edit: Wharton and Hyam simply can't be a centre back pairing, given their lack of pace, unless the tactic is to sit on the edge of the penalty box.

I didnt think that the back 3 worked well against Huddersfield and against Wrexham it felt like a case of just far superior players winning as opposed to the tactics. Neither Sigurdsson or Dolan thrived as wing backs and would clearly struggled against better opposition.

It was a back 4 today which surprised me considering the 3 CBs brought in. 2 of them only signed this week and lack match fitness but O'Riordan is not lacking match fitness and has been here for a couple of weeks so I was surprised to not see him start.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Completely agree with this, some of our fans need to wake up, have a reality check and realise that our squad isn't very good.

Honestly I look at it and I'm not even sure it is as good a squad as the one that went down under Coyle and Mowbray. 

The same squad finished 7th last year with the only regular difference being Brereton. People need to stop making excuses for the manager, some of you on here are in complete denial about where this ends if they don’t change him.

12 minutes ago, roverblue said:

The same squad finished 7th last year with the only regular difference being Brereton. People need to stop making excuses for the manager, some of you on here are in complete denial about where this ends if they don’t change him.

I sincerely expected last season to be like this.. 

The only difference is we had a top keeper. Our XG and predicted position was dreadful. We were winning games we shouldn't.

Remove Breo, Travis, Kaminski out of the equation and you're in trouble. That's before you consider what losing both Dack and Breo, Travis and Buckley would have on the dressing room.  A decimated squad has been further decimated. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I sincerely expected last season to be like this.. 

The only difference is we had a top keeper. Our XG and predicted position was dreadful. We were winning games we shouldn't.

Remove Breo, Travis, Kaminski out of the equation and you're in trouble. That's before you consider what losing both Dack and Breo, Travis and Buckley would have on the dressing room.  A decimated squad has been further decimated. 

I agree it was also mainly shite last season but we had a lot more luck.

JDT dropped Kaminski for Pears for the 2nd half of the season after his injury.
JDT didn’t rate Buckley or Travis and sent them away on loan.

The squad fundamentally aren’t suited to this style and what’s more it isn’t effective in the championship.

6 minutes ago, booth said:

An eloquent summary. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You don’t get ‘lucky’ after 46 games (50+ if you throw in good cup runs too). He did a very good job last season.

I would say JDT did average to good last season, and average to poor so far this season.