Wharton - 26

Chrisene - 20

Tronstad - 28

Moran - 20

Dolan - 22

Gallagher - 28

Szmodics - 28

Sigurdsson - 24

Even more concerning we put in such a poor performance with those players.

It's just not a very good team. How many of those would you say are good solid Championship players 3 or 4 I'd say. I think some people overestimate our team but you look at that starting line up and bench today and it is a bottom 3rd squad.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My thoughts on the game, We started off well but after the first 15 mins we played poor. Should have been 3 or 4 nil down. 

Second half started well but then conceded 2 goals in 4 mins, even after that we tried to get back into the game. we scored and and should have get an equaliser. 

No surprised by the chants towards Waggott and Venkys. The club is slowly dying under this ownership and CEO. There is no ambition under these people and JDT/GB do but don't received the backing they should. JDT wants promotion and get Rovers back to the PL and he signed up for very different project to this current one.  

Probably one of the best posts you've written. 

100%

Such a shame we have so many fans who can't see their ass for their elbow.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I think that's a stretch even for them - if that was the case why didn't they do it last time we went down? 

I think it's more likely complete and utter incompetence.

Premier League relegation was deliberate , actually I thought we were a bit unlucky to go down to 1st Division with 52 point and a few shanagihans , thrown in with Redknapp and Huddersfield...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

On the Radio Lancs interview he talks about offering to leave for free in the summer. Then immediately says when they said they wanted him to stay he then moved all his family over here to the UK.  To me that was him saying why he’s not prepared to walk away for nothing now.

https://x.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1753846897842745610?s=20

you get the facial expressions with it here 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

On the Radio Lancs interview he talks about offering to leave for free in the summer. Then immediately says when they said they wanted him to stay he then moved all his family over here to the UK.  To me that was him saying why he’s not prepared to walk away for nothing now.

From the timelines I remember his family were due over in the Summer about the time he had the rug pulled from underneath him. There was a story that his wife was taking a lease out on a shop in Whalley but then suddenly didn't. I don't get why he wanted nothing then but now you think he wants paying up now.

• Like 1

JDT can't walk away without the club's blessing even if he does it without a payoff

If he walks without the club agreeing they can place him on gardening leave and he wouldn't be able to take another job till the contract he signed here had ended 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

From the timelines I remember his family were due over in the Summer about the time he had the rug pulled from underneath him. There was a story that his wife was taking a lease out on a shop in Whalley but then suddenly didn't. I don't get why he wanted nothing then but now you think he wants paying up now.

Well why wouldn’t he dig his heels in after he was told he was being held to his contract. If the shit show of a club that this has become wanted to be awkward with him, then he is now being awkward with them. You reap what you sow. 
Venkys and all their mates at my club OUT

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If you have it seen it just watch from 8.40 on the interview posted above your post. See what you think.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

JDT can't walk away without the club's blessing even if he does it without a payoff

If he walks without the club agreeing they can place him on gardening leave and he wouldn't be able to take another job till the contract he signed here had ended 

Or they can not put him on gardening leave and can just pause his contract until he returns to work.

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If you have it seen it just watch from 8.40 on the interview posted above your post. See what you think.

I have seen it and see no reason to doubt what he is saying about resigning with no pay off. Are you implying that he never offered to leave?

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ah that makes more sense .... Like a player. Hadn't thought of that. I have more sympathy for JDT.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have seen it and see no reason to doubt what he is saying about resigning with no pay off. Are you implying that he never offered to leave?

Eh? In the summer he says he offered to leave for free and I believe him. He probably had eyes on moving back abroad.

I don’t think he’ll make such an offer now as he’s moved his family over and is clearly pissed off with the club so I believe he now probably wants a ‘mutual agreement’ payoff. I feel the interview when he randomly talks about his family and then working really hard is him alluding to that, if not to us but to the club.

I may be completely wrong.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

His contract is paused, as in the time left on the contract when walked out upon is no longer ticking off and still needs to be worked off when they return to work.

His contract ends on a certain date - neither JDT nor BRFC can change this without agreement.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Maybe because the club now have an extra 18 million in their coffers, so JDT may think that they can afford to pay him off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ah that makes more sense .... Like a player. Hadn't thought of that. I have more sympathy for JDT.

Even if they did come to a mutual understanding our lot would probably still seek compensation if appointed anywhere within the time frame of his contract here 

Calling out the owners usually only leads one way tho so can't see him being here much longer 

2 hours ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

i said few months back JDT wast up to the standard we needed and got slaughtered for it wonder if same people still think the same now 🙂 

i wanted it to work for JDT but he only plays one way and does not change it at all we need fresh ideas to give us a fighting chance of staying up 

The way we play surely lies with the Director of Football/ CEO.   The coach is brought in to play the style of football the club has identified. 

In our case the club identified it wanted a style of football that put players in the shop window so they could be sold.  The only remit - to avoid relegation. 

• Like 3

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

His contract ends on a certain date - neither JDT nor BRFC can change this without agreement.

Not when one walks out without the other parties agreement. If JDT walks out and Rovers don't agree he cannot just leave without consequences. Media/Sports contracts are not like regular employment contracts as you are classed as a commodity with a monetary value.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Even if they did come to a mutual understanding our lot would probably still seek compensation if appointed anywhere within the time frame of his contract here 

Calling out the owners usually only leads one way tho so can't see him being here much longer 

Isn't the usual arrangement these days that outgoing managers are paid in installments and the agreement is that any arrangement is reduced or stopped altogether if they find another job?

• Like 1