BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

9 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I agree it was also mainly shite last season but we had a lot more luck.

JDT dropped Kaminski for Pears for the 2nd half of the season after his injury.
JDT didn’t rate Buckley or Travis and sent them away on loan.

The squad fundamentally aren’t suited to this style and what’s more it isn’t effective in the championship.

Do you really think JDT was really the only person behind those decisions? 

Wake up mate

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We lack speed, directness & creativity. 

Still to this day I’m baffled as to why we’ve not signed anyone who matches the above. Especially with JDTs style.

Chair ran the show yesterday.

The most disappointing thing is that Chair isn’t that good, show him on to his left foot and he struggles. Yet we let him drop in and cut on to his right constantly. The shape was partly to blame as neither JRC nor Dolan got a grip of marking him or pressing effectively when he got the ball. Chrisene did a much better job on Willock in the first half although he did get trousered pace wise when Willock went off

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Any one go yesterday? What was the mood and atmosphere like?

Supportive at first as we started reasonably brightly, but got gradually more nervous as the game progressed, then was toxic by the time they went 2 up. Chants against Venkys & Waggott, fans arguing amongst themselves as to whether JDT was culpable (imo not).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, roverblue said:

The same squad finished 7th last year with the only regular difference being Brereton. People need to stop making excuses for the manager, some of you on here are in complete denial about where this ends if they don’t change him.

Yes the manager significantly over achieved last season to guide us to our best finish since relegation from the Prem. Since then though the squad has lost more than just Brereton it has also lost Kaminski, Wharton, Travis, Ayala & Morton. And in that same period the only useful signing that has been made is Tronstad.

I'm really not sure where people expect this squad to be in the table as for me it is a bottom 1/3 of the table squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yes the manager significantly over achieved last season to guide us to our best finish since relegation from the Prem. Since then though the squad has lost more than just Brereton it has also lost Kaminski, Wharton, Travis, Ayala & Morton. And in that same period the only useful signing that has been made is Tronstad.

I'm really not sure where people expect this squad to be in the table as for me it is a bottom 1/3 of the table squad.

With a relegation ; playing system.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Any one go yesterday? What was the mood and atmosphere like?

Yes..

The fans backed the players and JDT throughout the game  

After going 2 nil down the fans started to chant for Waggott and Venkys to go. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Do you really think JDT was really the only person behind those decisions? 

Wake up mate

Sure stick to your conspiracy theories and put it on anyone but the manager. He is taking us down to league one and leaving in the summer regardless.

• Like 1

We havent won in the league since the middle of december.... JDT doesn't seem to turn this around. Im starting to feel we need a new fresh voice. A new manager. JDT with backing would had been phenomenal but when shitheads like Waggot, Suhail, Venkys ruin the club we need a manager. The DOF doesn't work in the state we are.....shambles.....think GB will be potted soon.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt think that the back 3 worked well against Huddersfield and against Wrexham it felt like a case of just far superior players winning as opposed to the tactics. Neither Sigurdsson or Dolan thrived as wing backs and would clearly struggled against better opposition.

3 at the back with Hedges / JRC as wingbacks would be the way to go. As you say, Siggurdsson and Dolan offer no/very little cover. I never thought I’d be desperate for Hedges to return!

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

3 at the back with Hedges / JRC as wingbacks would be the way to go. As you say, Siggurdsson and Dolan offer no/very little cover. I never thought I’d be desperate for Hedges to return!

I would think that ideally wing-backs are defenders who have the ability to attack when the opportunity arises. Not forwards who don't know how to defend.

• Like 5

I really wish I could just stop caring, because at the moment its just torture. The lads with power to make decisions obviously don't care or (in the case of India) probably have forgotten we even exist.

As others have said the losses are bad enough but the way we carry ourselves as a club is just beyond amateurish and disgraceful, the convenient issues with the paperwork for the second January window in a row. Those in power are actively trying to sabotage the club.

One thing I did yesterday was to unfollow the official Rovers twitter account. With all the shitshow of the last month, them posting out the usual tripe of catering updates and tickets available for Norwich - get behind the lads was just too much. Its nothing really but its the only power I have as far as this club goes!

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So you don’t think wage bill concerns were anything at all to do with Travis and Buckley?

I think it starts with the manager either telling them they won’t be playing regularly or not giving them games. Then the club has to deal with the situation from a financial and squad happiness perspective.

It doesn’t start with JdT being told Travis and Buckley can’t be in your first 11 and you have to loan them out.

5 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

I really wish I could just stop caring, because at the moment its just torture. The lads with power to make decisions obviously don't care or (in the case of India) probably have forgotten we even exist.

As others have said the losses are bad enough but the way we carry ourselves as a club is just beyond amateurish and disgraceful, the convenient issues with the paperwork for the second January window in a row. Those in power are actively trying to sabotage the club.

One thing I did yesterday was to unfollow the official Rovers twitter account. With all the shitshow of the last month, them posting out the usual tripe of catering updates and tickets available for Norwich - get behind the lads was just too much. Its nothing really but its the only power I have as far as this club goes!

Given the fact we completely ballsed up the signing of a lad from 100 miles away and another lad from 15 miles away in  last midseaon window I thought we were being really optimistic trying to sign a lad from another continent and another time zone.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I think it starts with the manager either telling them they won’t be playing regularly or not giving them games. Then the club has to deal with the situation from a financial and squad happiness perspective.

It doesn’t start with JdT being told Travis and Buckley can’t be in your first 11 and you have to loan them out.

He’s not told that. He’s told if Travis and  Buckley go out we can bring in players that can make more of an impact. But what it really is, is cutting the wage bill.

Last season, both players were given a chance and started remarkably poorly. Travis was given the captains armband, so JDT clearly rated him before the season kicked off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

He’s not told that. He’s told if Travis and  Buckley go out we can bring in players that can make more of an impact. But what it really is, is cutting the wage bill.

Last season, both players were given a chance and started remarkably poorly. Travis was given the captains armband, so JDT clearly rated him before the season kicked off.

What credence do you give to the rumour that Travis was unhappy with the way JDT was running things and made that fact plain ? It sounds like he wasn’t the only one either.

8 minutes ago, booth said:

Yeah I agree, was just responding to people saying that Buckley and Travis leaving was nothing to do with JDT. It all starts with the fact he doesn’t rate or play them which is fair enough.

He’s been shafted no doubt from a recruitment perspective.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You really think JDT wanted two of his very few experienced midfielders to be loaned out?

No never said that. I’m sure he would have liked them to stay as bench players but the individuals and/or club weren’t happy with that scenario. 

Playing Sigurdsson is effectively a 10 man team. He stands on the touchline passes backwards and runs off to hide. He gives his full back no cover. Hedges would be better but that's not saying much. Moran is completely lost in midfield at this level. Garrett or Buckley would be a marginal improvement. There are now plenty of options in central defence but again none look particularly attractive due to either a total lack of either pace or experience. Tomasson should be doing better with the squad currently available but it's difficult to polish turds. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What credence do you give to the rumour that Travis was unhappy with the way JDT was running things and made that fact plain ? It sounds like he wasn’t the only one either.

I’ve no idea about that but I do know it was well known inside the club towards the end of last season that the wage bill had to be cut, and the higher ups wanted to sell the silver. I’ve no idea about the coaches, but the players were not happy about it given they’d had a decent season and everyone had bought into the project.

I assume that had the biggest impact on the morale of the team.