BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

On 11/02/2024 at 19:58, Mattyblue said:

Rapid avatar change there, Chadster.

The king is dead, long live the king 

Rovers has more on and JDT has. Good luck to JDT in the future. 

Eustace has impressed me so far with his comments and his actions on Saturday

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I imagine they were on board  when it was going well, then after sixth/seventh horrendous result in a row started to question how we were playing. Always the way.

I guess by the time we went to West Brom away and JDT was still telling them they need to overload the channels, recycle the ball instead of crossing it in etc there would have been some very skeptical and dejected expressions in the dressing room.

I hope Eustace has a flexible approach. Certainly seems that way from his writeups.

From Eustace's comments today he wants to play a mix approach game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

“I had a fantastic time at Birmingham and I’ll go back and see a lot of friends and all the players. It’s a great club but Blackburn Rovers is the future now and I can’t wait to go there with Rovers and put on a good performance.

*New manager calls us Rovers alert*

He said "Blackburn". Think the media team are just covering for him. Eustace out!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

And the difference between JDT and JE...

"All I can effect is what's on the pitch"

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24114896.eustace-blackburn-rovers-ownership-no-excuse-culture/

I think he was basically suggesting he isn't interested or going to refer to the owners, money spent, politics, project changing, summer, transfers, sales, taxes or India..he is only going to "focus on the pitch"

Yes John, let's see how that pans out in September. I bet you won't be just focussing on the pitch then.

These owners will make you want to connect with the fans about how poorly run the club is. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

So did Dalglish

I think most Rovers supporters realise it's just a small bonus to call us "Rovers". Let's face it. The players, for the most part, won't really care about that, and as long as they and the Head Coach are all on the same page, that matters infinitely more than what has been described as "wind" on here today.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think most Rovers supporters realise it's just a small bonus to call us "Rovers". Let's face it. The players, for the most part, won't really care about that, and as long as they and the Head Coach are all on the same page, that matters infinitely more than what has been described as "wind" on here today.

I agree. Also living here in Bristol, especially this close to Bristol rovers, I find myself correcting folk all the time when I tell them I'm a rovers fan, so I often refer to being a Blackburn fan. It gets more confusing as Bristol rovers are blue and white and our scarfs look similar. I do hope we never have to play eachother in league 1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

I agree. Also living here in Bristol, especially this close to Bristol rovers, I find myself correcting folk all the time when I tell them I'm a rovers fan, so I often refer to being a Blackburn fan. It gets more confusing as Bristol rovers are blue and white and our scarfs look similar. I do hope we never have to play eachother in league 1

Surely the locals refer to Bristol Rovers as ‘Gas’ or ‘The Gas’?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Surely the locals refer to Bristol Rovers as ‘Gas’ or ‘The Gas’?

On paper and on the boards outside the game but people don't actually say the gas here. That is a weird thing to say these days. We joked about it in the park the other day actually when walking the dog as I was wearing my rovers scarf and a guy was wearing his Bristol rovers scarf 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I don't consider it any kind of bonus at all, I really don't care about it whatsoever. I find it very weird that some fans fixate on it, personally. Almost as weird as the ones who thought Adam Wharton shouldn't sign for Palace because they had the temerity to beat us in the playoffs well before he was even born.

26 minutes ago, goozburger said:

No, no, no. This is the wrong question. What you need to ask is if they play in quarters or eighths.

Lol. 

Technically it's the pirates but the only pirates I've seen near the Mem are students on a pub crawl 

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

I do hope we never have to play each other in league 1

We have done plenty of times, the last one only a few years ago. I’ve seen them play each other at 3 different grounds, Eastville, Twerton Park and the Memorial Stadium and of course at Ewood.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

On paper and on the boards outside the game but people don't actually say the gas here. That is a weird thing to say these days. We joked about it in the park the other day actually when walking the dog as I was wearing my rovers scarf and a guy was wearing his Bristol rovers scarf 

Must be an age thing. I only know one Bristol Rovers supporter and he’s my age (60ish 😉) and that’s what he calls them. He also signs everything off on Facebook with ‘UTG’ (up the Gas)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

😉He also signs everything off on Facebook with ‘UTG’ (up the Gas)

How do you know he's not a staunch supporter of the LGBTQ community? He might be signing everything off with "Up the Gays".

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s ‘weird’ at all. It shows a connection to the club. Like if a Birmingham manager calls them ‘Blues’. If they don’t say it, fine, end of the day managers, players come and go, they aren’t Rovers fans, but it was a nice touch from JDT and I appreciated it, if it makes me ‘weird’, then weird I be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Then you should move to Preston.

Saturday is always an amusing game for me.

Living in Preston I always change the chant to “Preston’s a shithole, I don’t want to go home!”

• Like 2