BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nothing wrong with the approach last night.

Set out to stop the opposition and go long then opened it up later on and tried to win it.

Working with a very limited squad and asking loaness to throw themselves into tackles and in front of the ball.  Didn't come off attack wise but there was still some decent bits of play without actually creating anything and that's nothing new.

Other clubs, your Brums and Sunderlands and co have bright young players who can nick games like that, we don't.

When you concentrate on defence it's going to take something away from the previous flowing back to front attacks it's a price you pay with a limited squad.  Can't do both as we saw with JDT so it has to be one or the other at times.

That's called plan B.

Agree. It's not pretty at the moment but weren't there people on here recently crying out for Big Sam to return when he mentioned he would be open to coming back?. What type of football would they have expected to see.

The  first hour last night was poor, but the subs made a big difference and hopefully that last half hour will be more of what to expect going forward

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will renewing my ST for next season when available 

Sadly Chaddy, when Waggott and co know there are more like you, the agony for us all will be prolonged.  The club will, IMO, continue to take the fans for fools and dump on them window after window and season after season.

If you really think anything other than the loose change from the Raya and Wharton monies will be reinvested then it might be time for you to undertake a huge self analytical review.

IMO, the only action that will resonate is a huge boycott by the fans (season tickets, match, attendance, merchandise etc).

• Like 1

Form table since JE has taken over puts us 15th with a +1 GD. 4 (league) games prior to that we were rock bottom with 10 conceded and 3 scored. Including tuppings from Huddersfield and WBA. 

As I’ve said many times I was a huge fan of the way JDT wanted to play, but less of a fan of his lack of pragmatism and ability to identify and/or enact a plan B.

That said if you take JE’s first 4 games and compare them to JDT’s last 4 league games he is performing better both in points gained and goal difference. Looking at the opposition they’ve been fairly similar too with WBA and PNE being the only teams either has faced that are threatening the upper reaches of the league. Even if you look at from an injury/availability point of view you’d have an argument to say SG coming in is cancelled out by AW leaving and the rest are fairly neutral in terms of quality or whether JDT was even selecting them.

All in all I am very much undecided on JE however I think it would be unfair to say he’s not stopped the rot short term and at least stemmed the tide for a period. It’s not pretty at the moment but it’s grinding out points, getting whalloped away for 0 points at Huddersfield playing suicide football was even less attractive. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Agree. It's not pretty at the moment but weren't there people on here recently crying out for Big Sam to return when he mentioned he would be open to coming back?. What type of football would they have expected to see.

The  first hour last night was poor, but the subs made a big difference and hopefully that last half hour will be more of what to expect going forward

It's all about understanding and accepting the current situation we are in and the limitations of the squad but some are a lost cause, no point taking them on.

Are we happy ?   Of course not but we should be a lot more positive of a safe finish this season than we were and that's all that matters right now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly Chaddy, when Waggott and co know there are more like you, the agony for us all will be prolonged.  The club will, IMO, continue to take the fans for fools and dump on them window after window and season after season.

If you really think anything other than the loose change from the Raya and Wharton monies will be reinvested then it might be time for you to undertake a huge self analytical review.

IMO, the only action that will resonate is a huge boycott by the fans (season tickets, match, attendance, merchandise etc).

I don't like to disagree but a boycott will achieve little IMO other than damage the club in the long term. Fans who stay away get out of the habit of going to football and then they are lost forever - and we don't have the population or fans base in the area to replace them.

Proper protests - and you know what I mean by that - is the only way to get rid of this lot and show they are not wanted, or at least in the short term the useless lump of a CEO. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Total boycotts will never, ever happen, so zero point banging on about it. A core just want to watch a game of football involving 11 lads in a blue and white shirt every other week and that’s that. 

A boycott of sorts has happened already. We have gone from c20,000 ST holders to at times under 7,000 on their watch and they haven’t batted an eye lid.

13 years and folk still treat them like normal owners.

What happens after the court case on 12th March is crucial. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I think this is why we haven't heard from Greg/Waggot yet about the situation.

On a happy path all is sorted and they commit to re-invest some of the Wharton/Raya funds.

If not then who knows what comes next, hopefully a sale. One thing is for certain there won't be any cash for signings or contracts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

In my mind Eustace has had 3 games and 2 points. 2 good points away. If he keeps us up he will habe done his job.

Squad is a shower of shite

Yeh I agree. 

He doesn't get stoke

He has got 2 points of a potential 9

2/9 

He hasn't had much time but that's his record

I hope he gets at least 1 more on the weekend because that looks like a certain loss

8 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Form table since JE has taken over puts us 15th with a +1 GD. 4 (league) games prior to that we were rock bottom with 10 conceded and 3 scored. Including tuppings from Huddersfield and WBA. 

As I’ve said many times I was a huge fan of the way JDT wanted to play, but less of a fan of his lack of pragmatism and ability to identify and/or enact a plan B.

That said if you take JE’s first 4 games and compare them to JDT’s last 4 league games he is performing better both in points gained and goal difference. Looking at the opposition they’ve been fairly similar too with WBA and PNE being the only teams either has faced that are threatening the upper reaches of the league. Even if you look at from an injury/availability point of view you’d have an argument to say SG coming in is cancelled out by AW leaving and the rest are fairly neutral in terms of quality or whether JDT was even selecting them.

All in all I am very much undecided on JE however I think it would be unfair to say he’s not stopped the rot short term and at least stemmed the tide for a period. It’s not pretty at the moment but it’s grinding out points, getting whalloped away for 0 points at Huddersfield playing suicide football was even less attractive. 

Thing is, you can make stats turn shit to gold. 

2 points out of 3 games

Also considering the opposition on form and league table position alone we should have beaten Cardiff and Birmingham.

We should be getting 6points out of 9 and we got 2 out 9 

Forget comparisons of jdt last 4 games because they were different players, jdt didn't have gally or hedges or Dolan or jrc. If he had he could have got us 6 points out of those winnable games. But he isn't here so can't compare that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Each to their own Mercer, but I will be renewing if you don't buy a ST, fine but don't lecture me into my commitment to my football club which I will always support through the Good and bad times

As others has said a boycott has already of alot of fans for various reasons. 

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Nothing wrong with the approach last night.

Set out to stop the opposition and go long then opened it up later on and tried to win it.

Working with a very limited squad and asking loaness to throw themselves into tackles and in front of the ball.  Didn't come off attack wise but there was still some decent bits of play without actually creating anything and that's nothing new.

Other clubs, your Brums and Sunderlands and co have bright young players who can nick games like that, we don't.

When you concentrate on defence it's going to take something away from the previous flowing back to front attacks it's a price you pay with a limited squad.  Can't do both as we saw with JDT so it has to be one or the other at times.

That's called plan B.

Bit shit to watch tho mate.. and if we can't beat teams around us like Cardiff and Birmingham..

7 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

After the last hearing was postponed for what was effectively a village fete, I'm not confident it'll even go ahead.

And if it doesn't, where that leaves the club is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Each to their own Mercer, but I will be renewing if you don't buy a ST, fine but don't lecture me into my commitment to my football club which I will always support through the Good and bad times

As others has said a boycott has already of alot of fans for various reasons. 

Its Sanctimonious Groundhog Day once again....

12 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I’d take Big Sam and top half Premier League football every day ahead of this sh1t.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Bit shit to watch tho mate.. and if we can't beat teams around us like Cardiff and Birmingham..

There's no entertainment in 65% possession, 10 chances created, one taken whilst the opposition create 4 chances score 2 then get gifted another 1 or 2 by our keeper and defence.

Game after game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy said:

After the last hearing was postponed for what was effectively a village fete, I'm not confident it'll even go ahead.

And if it doesn't, where that leaves the club is anyone's guess.

An Indian fan on twitter is adamant it's all political and will resolved overnight with a change of govt over there.

So if they are holding off until after the elections we could be in for a long wait !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

There's no entertainment in 65% possession, 10 chances created, one taken whilst the opposition create 4 chances score 2 then get gifted another 1 or 2 by our keeper and defence.

Game after game.

Perhaps,but let's not forget all the wins jdt did get us and jdt didn't have gally, hedges, dolan or jrc for most of the past few months. He was playing attractive footy without many of our first team players.

His style of playing could have got us 6 points out of those games against Cardiff and Brum with those players back in the team.

Those games were dross and we got 1 point out of 6 so not exactly worth praising JE for playing defensive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

An Indian fan on twitter is adamant it's all political and will resolved overnight with a change of govt over there.

So if they are holding off until after the elections we could be in for a long wait !

Modi’s lot are about 10 points ahead in the polls, so yeah looking forward to selling Whalstedt for 100k to keep the lights on for a day in 2027.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Perhaps,but let's not forget all the wins jdt did get us and jdt didn't have gally, hedges, dolan or jrc for most of the past few months. He was playing attractive footy without many of our first team players.

His style of playing could have got us 6 points out of those games against Cardiff and Brum with those players back in the team.

Those games were dross and we got 1 point out of 6 so not exactly worth praising JE for playing defensive.

Mate that's just coulda woulda shoulda talk.

Hes gone, Eustace is here that's the reality.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Modi’s lot are about 10 points ahead in the polls, so yeah looking forward to selling Whalstedt for 100k to keep the lights on for a day in 2027.

It's a great excuse to not keep going to court though especially when you know there are x3 six million instalments dropping in 6 month intervals plus another lump from a previous transfer.