BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

47 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Oh, I thought that other fella was assistant manager?

35 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s first team coach and will be coaching set pieces,downing worked as eustace assistant at birmingham if im`e correct,he has coached at all levels and is apparently well respected

Eustace had the same 2 assistants at Birmingham too, same set up here I guess

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘After the nuclear war there was only one survivor… and his name was David Lowe’.

Downing's arrival leaves Eustace with three first-team coaches, including Damien Johnson and David Lowe. Ben Benson is also on the team as the goalkeeping coach.

Rovers have also confirmed that Ben Rosen will leave the club at the end of the month Karl Hodges stepping up as interim Head of Performance going forward.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2024 at 18:34, NeilInBristol said:

Hedges was out for 5 months so 3 games in a week seems crazy.

Chisene can fkk off after last night 

Scott at the back

well, i hope hedges isnt out for too long. lets see.

JE must take responsibility over this crazy decision to play him for 3 games running after such a long period of absence. stupid decision and hope it doesnt cost us today

QPR lost 2-1
Huddersfield 1-1
West Brom lost 4-1
Rotherham 2-2
Hull lost 3-2
Huddersfield lost 3-0
Watford lost 2-1
Southampton lost 4-0
Bristol won 2-1
Leeds lost 2-0
Sheffield Wednesday lost 3-1

11 games - 27 conceded - 11 scored - 5 points from 33 - 0.45 points per game

Stoke won 3-1
Birmingham lost 1-0
Preston 2-2
Cardiff - 0-0
Norwich - 1-1

5 games - 5 conceded - 6 scored - 6 points from 15 - 1.2 points per game

We would now be level on points with Huddersfield in 19th if we hadn't made a change. And conceded 12 more goals. Should all have stayed the same of course.

I am pleased with the players for the effort and commitment displayed. At least we are not a soft touch any longer. It's nice to be 5 points clear of the dead legs. It's also nice not to concede an avalanche of goals each weekend.

I am however very suprised we can't string 3 passes together, after 18 months of practice. It can only mean that the manager does not wish to take any chances at all, at anytime and will simply trust in the percentages. Can't say I blame him with 5 points from 33 and relegation looming. I'm not sure he had any choice.

For balance, JDT did win fixtures 12 and 13. Plus 2 resounding Cup wins in the last 15 played. I still thought 11 games was a good enough sample. After 8 games we had 2 from 24 for example.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 1

JDT went on a run of either winning or losing when he took over. What was it 4 months without a draw?

JE has so far drawn 3 of the last games. Will this be his thing? A strong of draws?!

He mentioned last week about a goal of getting to 50 points.

Today he now said the target is 45points

Hope that's enough 

22 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

QPR lost 2-1
Huddersfield 1-1
West Brom lost 4-1
Rotherham 2-2
Hull lost 3-2
Huddersfield lost 3-0
Watford lost 2-1
Southampton lost 4-0
Bristol won 2-1
Leeds lost 2-0
Sheffield Wednesday lost 3-1

11 games - 27 conceded - 11 scored - 5 points from 33 - 0.45 points per game

Stoke won 3-1
Birmingham lost 1-0
Preston 2-2
Cardiff - 0-0
Norwich - 1-1

5 games - 5 conceded - 6 scored - 5 points from 15 - 1 point per game

We would now be level on points with Huddersfield in 19th if we hadn't made a change. And conceded 12 more goals. Should all have stayed the same of course.

I am pleased with the players for the effort and commitment displayed. At least we are not a soft touch any longer. It's nice to be 5 points clear of the dead legs. It's also nice not to concede an avalanche of goals each weekend.

I am however very suprised we can't string 3 passes together, after 18 months of practice. It can only mean that the manager does not wish to take any chances at all, at anytime and will simply trust in the percentages. Can't say I blame him with 5 points from 33 and relegation looming. I'm not sure he had any choice.

For balance, JDT did win fixtures 12 and 13. Plus 2 resounding Cup wins in the last 15 played. I still thought 11 games was a good enough sample. After 8 games we had 2 from 24 for example.

Comparing apples and oranges

JDT didn't have gally Dolan jrc hedges bucko 

JE didn't have Wharton.

Different squads.

Also the toxicity at the club before jdts departure is evident. Can't compare their tenures

What you can do is note that JE has almost a fit squad (barring JRC) and has 3 points out of a possibility of 12.

On that form alone we may not achieve our aim of 50,(now45) points. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

JE didn't have Wharton.

Different squads.

Also the toxicity at the club before jdts departure is evident. Can't compare their tenures

What you can do is note that JE has almost a fit squad (barring JRC) and has 3 points out of a possibility of 12.

Of course. But there were a lot more apples and oranges flying into our net previously.

I keep reading 3 out of 12, but the stats will ultimately show JE was in charge against Stoke.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 4

Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

Of course. But there were a lot more apples and oranges flying into our net previously.

i think thats due to McFadz and Hyam. their partnership has been phenomenal. wish we had McFadz in the summer (when we didnt sign Bath and JDT was crying out for an Ayala replacement)

we have lost balance of our attack though.

I think JE will get a grip soon its just how much further down the table will we drop and at what cost

It doesn’t matter how many points we get, if Eustace keeps us up his appointment will have been successful in the short term.

He’s not exactly cutting down trees, but there are hopeful signs.

Only time will tell.

JDT didn’t want to be here (can’t entirely blame him) and the change had to be made.

I think we looked like relegation on a stick towards the end of his tenure.

• Like 6

Its really difficult to be patient given the situation at the club and the constant lingering threat of teams below us picking up wins.

However, I remain confident that Rovers will pick up enough points to survive. JE is making us hard to beat, and I feared that if JDT had stuck around that he would've continued with the suicidal approach of trying to outscore the opposition without any kind of organisation at the back.

It won't be pretty or particularly enjoyable, much like Hughes in 2004/05 and when Big Sam coming in halfway through 2008/09, but I have faith that JE will keep us in this league.

That being said, we simply must win the home games against Plymouth and Millwall, and not lose away to Swansea.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

JE didn't have Wharton.

Different squads.

With the amount of games being played tho Eustace isn't getting much time on the training ground with the team,Iv not been that much of a fan of the style but it's making us harder to beat , hopefully the tactics will evolve with more time and less pressure when we get the points needed to avoid relegation.

I was gutted we lost JDT but it's extremely difficult to judge Eustace with such a small sample size.The Brum fans reckon his football got better as time went on.

I know you don't credit him with stoke but Johnson said he had a big influence, and Its been said he picked the team, so for me it is one win ,one loss and 3 draws 

So one loss in 5 after coming into a squad that had been on a losing streak ,isn't a bad start imo

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

With all the rhetoric about needing the crowd behind the team, I would rather hear that Eustace had said to Swag : We need a good crowd, so make it more affordable for them to come. 

It’s irrelevant rigger, we need the owners gone and take these 10 Bob execs with them. 

VENKYS OUT - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

JDT went on a run of either winning or losing when he took over. What was it 4 months without a draw?

JE has so far drawn 3 of the last games. Will this be his thing? A strong of draws?!

He mentioned last week about a goal of getting to 50 points.

Today he now said the target is 45points

Hope that's enough 

It wasn't before!