BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Given how bad our form has been I think results wise he has done well in his first few games.

He has fixed the defence which was the main issue with the team. The way Norwich setup we would have been murdered on the break under JDT.

It’s not pretty but I think a lot of that is down to Adam Wharton not pulling the strings. A lot riding on Buckley to fill that gap now.

His real tests are the upcoming Millwall and Plymouth home games as these are ones we have to win. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm afraid to say I'm struggling to get over the loss of the best manager we've had in ages.. and watching rovers play now v what we had is making me more disconnected with the club.. 

It's a shame he wasn't backed as convinced he is the modern day Bielsa, he had average players playing some of the best football in the league at times... just needed some support.

Don't know how anyone can enjoy current shower...

Sad to see JDT after his first season but he wasn't happy here. 

Eustace has gone back to basics and make us harder and more solid defensively. Similarly to what Hughes did here when he took over here 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm afraid to say I'm struggling to get over the loss of the best manager we've had in ages.. and watching rovers play now v what we had is making me more disconnected with the club.. 

It's a shame he wasn't backed as convinced he is the modern day Bielsa, he had average players playing some of the best football in the league at times... just needed some support.

Don't know how anyone can enjoy current shower...

Shower ???

Burnley away last season he should have been sacked , survived a lot longer than he should have , in my view ...

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 2

I dont get how someone playing such open football can be continiously praised for his style with anyone questioning it shut down. Then when he quits and a man comes in and brings in hoofball, that is also justified.

One thing the current style doesnt remind me of is Hughes' football and yesterday we wasnt hard to play against. Just dink it over our 37 year old CB and youll get in numerous times.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

5 games, 1 win, 20% win rate, 6 points.

And that's doing pretty well?

No, it's not. We have to do better to ensure safety.

And I'm in a generous mood and giving the Stoke win down to Eustace.

It's an improvement on JDT's 5 game win rate of 0% and for Rovers to stay in the division is what counts right now.

• Like 5

Just now, Mattyblue said:

He should have been sacked last season? Missed out on the play offs on goal difference (highest finish in a decade) and two good cup runs?

Behave, Waggy.

Everyone one is entitled to his/her opinion.

Also , he was managing the club this season and couldn't have given 2 shits about the results .

Just played his own little Pep game !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Also , he was managing the club this season and couldn't have given 2 shits about the results .

You said he should have been sacked last season, which is a daft opinion (that you are of course entitled to, just as I’m entitled to call it daft) considering it was a good season for the club in league and cup, especially when you consider our resources and dysfunctional set up.

Nobody would disagree that the club needed to make a change in the end. Maybe earlier, but this club doesn’t do such things.

Edited by Mattyblue

A new manager in a sports team or a 9-5 job will always target the weakest areas of performance initially - I've been doing it myself the last few months!

In 5 games (assuming we give him Stoke), we've conceded 5 goals, not too bad really.

In JDT's last 5 league games we conceded 12 goals - which is dreadful, especially if you factor in we played Rotherham/QPR/Huddersfield too in those games.......

When you also factor in the lack of training sessions JE has had to work with, I'd say he's doing a steady job.  I'd like to think that given times he manages to introduce a little more flair and attacking play but we'll see.

Souey always used to say he was weeing with the willy he had, essentially thats what JE is doing.  JDT was trying to wee with a 12 inch chopper, when in reality he was working with more of a stump.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Shower ???

Burnley away last season he should have been sacked , survived a lot longer than he should have , in my view ...

We were 2nd in the league after 20 games going into that FYI

• Like 3

Dingle Derangement Syndrome, we saw evidence of that yesterday with pretty much every chant based on Dingles and former Dingles.

We are getting as small time as we used to take the piss out of them for being.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

It's an improvement on JDT's 5 game win rate of 0% and for Rovers to stay in the division is what counts right now.

Hmmmm, JDT has departed, gone, vanished. What is the feckin point of bringing him up. Well there is one, we are trying to play hoofball with 70%ish of the team unsuited to that style of play. Good luck with that one John.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Dingle Derangement Syndrome, we saw evidence of that yesterday with pretty much every chant based on Dingles and former Dingles.

Well if they didn’t exist we would have to invent them

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Hmmmm, JDT has departed, gone, vanished. What is the feckin point of bringing him up. Well there is one, we are trying to play hoofball with 70%ish of the team unsuited to that style of play. Good luck with that one John.

The point I was making is that win % is usually used a comparison with other managers, of which I am comparing our most recent. To show a small but undeniable improvement, also I’d say points per game over the period would be a better context to judge JE. We were equally unsuited to playing Cruyff style positional football too. We are where we are with the squad, rank rotten management at senior level has tied both managers hands behind their back

1 hour ago, J*B said:

It’s impossible to predict but my head tells me a motivated JDT that hasn’t been lied to about the project and hasn’t uprooted his family and travelled them to another country gets a lot more than 2 points from PNE, Cardiff and Norwich. At the same time the JDT we ended up with that had lost the dressing room, was pissed off at the management with an upset family at home probably doesn’t get 2 points from those 9.

Which in reality just compounds the issue further. All they had to do was do as they promised and in my opinion JDT would have been the best manager since Allardyce, but they fucked it up. 

Spot on

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

The man can't be blamed for being completely undermined by the idiots manning the email account and fax machine. It is incredible that folk seem unable to see this. But hey ho, feck it. Each to their own. 

We have to start getting the best we can from the resources we have available, and if 'the project' is to run the club on North West Counties level funding and management set up, then we will just have to put up with the consequences too. 

Edited by Old Codger
F-OFF VENKY RAO DESAI SUHAIL WAGGOTT MORONS

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It’s a poor and unbalanced squad but they are definitely more suited to Eustace ball than JDT ball.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Shower ???

Bloody hell that's a harsh opinion. I was mightily peed off but at that time I'm sure we were in a playoff position and before the game actually above them.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

It’s impossible to predict but my head tells me a motivated JDT that hasn’t been lied to about the project and hasn’t uprooted his family and travelled them to another country gets a lot more than 2 points from PNE, Cardiff and Norwich. At the same time the JDT we ended up with that had lost the dressing room, was pissed off at the management with an upset family at home probably doesn’t get 2 points from those 9.

Which in reality just compounds the issue further. All they had to do was do as they promised and in my opinion JDT would have been the best manager since Allardyce, but they fucked it up. 

Excellent post.

Think the family bit was huge - moving your family even from one town to another town in the same county can be difficult enough with all that entails (friends, schools, relatives etc) but from one country to another!!!

Sadly, we will never know how good JDT could have been for Rovers.  I salute his refreshing honesty and would trust him far more than, IMO, all the scumbags now associated with our club. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We were never going to roll out the red carpet for Ashley Barnes, particularly given his behaviour in the derby last season.

It was intensified a bit yesterday as it was him. Don’t think it’s like that on a week to week basis, in fairness.

• Like 2