BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or will it 4 wins from 18 after Saturday. 

He clearly doesn't rate some of these players in the squad and why we don't see much rotation in the starting 11. This squad isn't suited to what he wants. 

So as I said I would allow him this squad to bring in what he wants this summer and reshape this squad 

If you are desperate to give him the highly dubious Stoke win - and let's be honest anyone without blue and white tinted spectacles wouldn't credit him with it - that suggests his record is appalling. If one win currently enhances his win ratio by 50%, that shows how badly he has done with us. I mean even in Hughes first season or JDT last season you take one win off it doesn't dramatically change things. That it does Eustace shows how appalling he is. 

So best case scenario even if we win vs Leicester and give him the Sroke game the win percentage isn't great - under 25%. Take out the Stoke game and its alarming. Take out Stoke and don't beat Leicestrr it's abysmal. 

Even taking into account the Stoke game (laughably imo) and extrapolate that over a season - would we have had enough points to stay up? 

Final point - last manager to "take charge" midway through a game for us was Kidd. Food for thought. 

• Like 1

"The guy has worked miracles, he's got the players playing better. Under jdt we were dead and buried, we would've been relegated by now. Well done to the current manager"

This was written on a Rovers Facebook page regarding Eustace comments about potentially staying up.

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

"The guy has worked miracles, he's got the players playing better. Under jdt we were dead and buried, we would've been relegated by now. Well done to the current manager"

This was written on a Rovers Facebook page regarding Eustace comments about potentially staying up.

Words escape me.

This person obviously has the IQ of a stillborn goat.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RTM08 said:

4? Am I forgetting one other than Sunderland and Leeds? Even if it was 4, which it isn't, that would still be abysmal. 

Ultimately we need a head coach who can adapt, because none of our coaches will ever get the squad they want. JDT had the problem that he refused to adapt and Eustace is following, but unlike JDT plays some of the most turgid football ever to grace Ewood and his interviews don't give him the benefit of the doubt like JDT got. 

He has done absolutely nothing to show he deserves his "own squad", and the one he built at Brum has done even worse than we have, albeit it with managerial turmoil of their own.

Stoke, Sunderland, Leeds and Leicester(thinking positively) wins. 

If you dont like his interviews don't listen to them. Fairly simple. 

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Doubt there isn’t a fan here that’s questioned their support or how much support they are willing to give next season is things remain the same. It’s been a hard hard season, 

Yes it has been hard season but I will there next season. My support won't change next season and beyond. I will be STH next season and beyond. Do about 6 away games 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/09/eustace-appointed-rovers-head-coach/

Rovers’ first team coaches David Lowe and Damien Johnson will take charge of tomorrow’s home game against Stoke City, with new Head Coach John Eustace in close attendance.

So he wasn't involved in picking the team and tactics with Johnson? He wasn't on the touchline second give our instructions to the players? Making subs second half? Gave post match interview with RoversTV? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So he wasn't involved in picking the team and tactics with Johnson? He wasn't on the touchline second give our instructions to the players? Making subs second half? Gave post match interview with RoversTV? 

Big fucking deal. Three wins in HALF a season.

Less than a point a game.

Only one way to describe that. Shit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you dont like his interviews don't listen to them. Fairly simple. 

Stop patronising , if fans want to listen to a presser then it s said fans prerogative.

What do you think of his interview v weds when he smiled and smirked all the way thru it ?

Or if you want to insist he was involved lets take it from 4pm after he came down. The second half result was 0-0. A point per game over the season. Relegation form.

• Like 1

If he had a reasonable record otherwise, there wouldnt be this discussion. With or without that game, still to see WHY he warrants the privelidge of being able to take us into a new season based on his work so far.

I know he will as Venkys wont pay him up, but I dont think he should really.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

Or if you want to insist he was involved lets take it from 4pm after he came down. The second half result was 0-0. A point per game over the season. Relegation form.

And we didn't play particularly well in that second half and Stoke missed a penalty. It's nonsense for him to claim that as his win and in my opinion is the action of a desperate man.

Anyway on to tomorrow's celebration............

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Look, Eustace wasn’t officially in charge for that match, you’re gonna need to get over it.

That's your opinion. I stick to mine. Tell to move on if you asking me. 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he had a reasonable record otherwise, there wouldnt be this discussion. With or without that game, still to see WHY he warrants the privelidge of being able to take us into a new season based on his work so far.

I know he will as Venkys wont pay him up, but I dont think he should really.

so if he isn't the man to take us forward, who is then? any choices? 

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

If Bolton come up next year that's 6 derby games we'll get smashed in.

If we go a 4th straight transfer window without investing in the squad, yes.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s loads of managers out there, it’s not ‘99s role to find one, that’s the job of the club hierarchy to unearth - who saw JDT coming? Chaddy didn’t.

My question is simple one. He has good football knowledge and I'm sure he has managers/head coaches he would like to see take over here. Mercer as me a similar question before Eustace was appointed here. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Doubt there isn’t a fan here that’s questioned their support or how much support they are willing to give next season is things remain the same. It’s been a hard hard season, that January window was the lowest iv ever felt supporting the team and that Wednesday match only rivalled with the Wigan relegation game for worst game.

for just now I’d take waggot getting potted and squad rebuilt. I’m on the fence with eustace but I don’t see him being sacked just now 

Without serious investment in summer the chances are we’ll struggle again. Any team that only has one player capable of regularly scoring goals is going to be nearer the bottom of the league than the top. Look at the rest of the so called strikers at the club this season  

- Gally, never was a world beater but he’s regressed alarmingly. He never even looks like scoring the odd goal, never mind scoring regularly. Telly, probably well out of his depth but never gets a minute never mind a game. Ennis, what was that all about ? A really strange signing. Came unfit and stayed unfit. Leonard, not ready to play at this level but he has been injured for most of it. Vale, another not good enough to play at our level so he was loaned out.

That was it. To expect any manager to thrive with that lot betrays a lack of understanding of what Championship football is all about. Goals change games massively. More now than it ever was in my day. If we can score first we normally play quite well but without goals coming from other players besides Sammi we don’t score first often enough.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

But I bet he’s on a decent wedge as he ended up with a decent reputation, his stock seemed fairly high… largely because Rooney made a complete horlicks with Birmingham after him.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Eustace isn't up to it.

No one can take Damien Johnsons win away from him - which is arguably our best game since JDT left.

Eustace 2 wins in 17 is quite frankly embarrassing.

5 defeats in 17 isn't at all bad though,considering the car crash he took over. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's your opinion. I stick to mine. Tell to move on if you asking me. 

so if he isn't the man to take us forward, who is then? any choices? 

It isn't "opinion" if Eustace was in charge against Stoke or not.

Facts tell us that he wasn't, he started work the following Monday morning.

• Like 2

It really is the most extreme form of desperation that we are already at the stage of artificially adding wins to Eustace's record in games that he had no input into, just to make his record appear less awful, and that even if we do give him that win, which he shouldn't get, it is STILL ONLY 3 wins in 17

We are arguing about whether it is a 17% win record or an 11% win record. Most of us agree it is 11%. Irrational people desperate to try and fluff his record up a bit claim it is 17%. Still rubbish, just a bit less rubbish.

• Like 8