BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

3 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

We’ve suddenly gone into the complete opposite of what we were under JDT - from a ‘keep possession at all costs’ team to one that just aimlessly boots the ball away as soon as we get it. 

And whilst there were plenty on here (and loads more sat around me at Ewood) rejoicing on Saturday that “finally we’ve got rid of that passing out from the back crap”, I was never convinced that just giving the opposition CBs the ball at every opportunity was a sustainable approach and so it transpired tonight as Birmingham attacked us at will and could (and probably should) have scored 5 or 6.

I’d love to see the stats from halftime up until the goal - I’d be amazed if we had more than about 10% possession - and most of that was just whilst waiting for Pears to take the goal kick!! However, it turns out that it’s actually pretty hard to score when you don’t have the ball!

Hopefully this isn’t actually how the new manager wants us to play and there will be an actual game plan going forward, because if not then we will go down with barely a whimper 

I watched most of it , we played ourselves into trouble playing it out from the back , twice in the early 2nd half .....

It needs to be stopped, the players aren't good enough to play it !

7 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

We’ve suddenly gone into the complete opposite of what we were under JDT - from a ‘keep possession at all costs’ team to one that just aimlessly boots the ball away as soon as we get it. 

And whilst there were plenty on here (and loads more sat around me at Ewood) rejoicing on Saturday that “finally we’ve got rid of that passing out from the back crap”, I was never convinced that just giving the opposition CBs the ball at every opportunity was a sustainable approach and so it transpired tonight as Birmingham attacked us at will and could (and probably should) have scored 5 or 6.

I’d love to see the stats from halftime up until the goal - I’d be amazed if we had more than about 10% possession - and most of that was just whilst waiting for Pears to take the goal kick!! However, it turns out that it’s actually pretty hard to score when you don’t have the ball!

Hopefully this isn’t actually how the new manager wants us to play and there will be an actual game plan going forward, because if not then we will go down with barely a whimper 

We had 43% possession in the first half (according to a Rovers account on Twitter)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes and donald trump is a kindly old man😁

Trump is the only person in the world I detest more than the Raos, and I'm being truthful on that. If elected he will destroy Europe and set the US back decades whilst quite probably causing WW3, the Raos will just us.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same old story - go behind and it’s over. What ever happened to scoring the last minute goals to steal a point or even a win ? A distant memory I’m afraid.

My pal is a big Ipswich fan and exchanged text with him at weekend saying yet another late goal and that augurs well. Contrasted it with us, saying I couldn’t remember the last time we had got a late leveller or winner but that we had conceded more goals after 75/80 minutes than any team in the league.

• Like 2

From what I’ve seen tonight Eustace has a lot to work on and nothing to work with. I’ve also seen enough to see that this squad isn’t capable of playing to the “get it up front quicker” - “more direct football “ game that so many fans seem to want.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

JDT - right lads this is exactly how we are going to play.

Eusless - right lads, how do you want to play ?

Britain - I know, lets play to our strengths?

Gally - yeah I'm like a horse boss.

Hedges - I'm suddenly feeling better.

Eusless - OK lets do that then lads. One family. 

They shoot horses don’t they? 🤔😉

13 minutes ago, grinder said:

The worrying thing is - looking at the crap GB has landed us with - how on earth do you rearrange these deck chairs to stop the barge sinking - Gallagher to CB and Hyam up front or Telalovic to swap with team bus driver? The result will be the same.... 

Ah yes, back to blaming Broughton and his mammoth -£22m transfer budget. Waggott wins. Again. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That was terrible, reminiscent of the dross served up during Covid season. 1-0 flattered us we made them look like world beaters. 

The mentality of this group of player really is shocking, you'd have thought after Saturday and this being the managers first game they would have been up for it but from kick of it was laboured. Even after going behind there was no urgency and until the last second we never even came close to scoring. Add into that what people have said was said in the 'fan meeting' about the players no liking being booed off at half time then you have to worry if this squad has the mental toughness for a relegation battle. 

Talking of player mentality Callum Brittain (😆) gives it the big one after one good performance and then backs it up with that. I couldn't help but smile at his 'defending' for the goal. 

I don't think Eustace is a great appointment (far from it in fact) he has just been appointed because he is cheap and to be a yes man for those above him. But I'll give him the same defence that I gave JDT and that is that this is a poor squad he has available to him it is where it belongs in the table and to be honest it would not look out of place in the drop zone. 

Gregg Broughton has a lot to answer for we are so weak in midfield, Garrett is not a Championship quality midfielder, Fleck is obviously no way near being fit enough and Ayari is now seemingly on his third manager this season that doesn't fancy him. Then you look at the attacking options on the bench to bring on when we need a goal you have Sigurdsson, Moran (who has been awful for a few months now), Markanday (it's a damning indictment he still makes the bench and Telaovic who looks every bit a German 4th division striker.

yep...

still waiting for Gregg Broughton post transfer window fek up interview

35 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Agreed.

So why loan another (shite) one in?

I think we were setting up for a back 5 - only JDT refused to play it against QPR and Eustace went away from what worked against Stoke today with a 4-3-3 (which completely neuters Szmodics btw). You need 5+ CBs in that squad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

As a Rovers fan of 30+ years I don’t think I’ve ever been more confident of correctly predicting the outcome of our next match as I am for this coming Saturday.

If we don’t lose by at least 2 clear goals against that lot then I’ll be gobsmacked.

Sadly, I’m as confident as you are Somerset. The soft underbelly and lack of fight is just sickening.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

so blooming generous

Birmingham City won at home in the Championship for the first time in almost three months as they ruined former Blues boss John Eustace's return with Blackburn Rovers. BBC

I hate being a Blackburn Rovers supporter. It's just constant misery. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

As a Rovers fan of 30+ years I don’t think I’ve ever been more confident of correctly predicting the outcome of our next match as I am for this coming Saturday.

If we don’t lose by at least 2 clear goals against that lot then I’ll be gobsmacked.

You are probably right , they will be far too strong and physical for us ..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ah yes, back to blaming Broughton and his mammoth -£22m transfer budget. Waggott wins. Again. 

Umm most of the players I was referring to by implication  were landed early in the window or in previous - of course Waggott is more responsible but don't think he was recruiting... If we are going vto apportion blame the buck stops with the owners and always has... 

• Like 2

LT player ratings..

which game were they watching?

they both get -1 from me. shocking

Ben Chrisene - 5

Had spells where he looked composed and others where he struggled. Was let off by Dembele after failing to deal with a cross from the opposite side.

Callum Brittain - 6

Worked hard but wasn't really able to get into the the final third to try and provide for the team.

• Like 1

So we can't play out from the back because we are not technically good enough.

We can't hammer it up front because we are so weak that we get bullied out of it.

We have no pace.

Other than bursting the ball or running away with it in the hopes of getting a point, what are we going to do?

• Like 7