BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Shrewd man management by Eustace. Talks Gallagher up and is rewarded by a goal and an assist in the first half hour. What a contrast to his predecessor who would have spent the week whinging about not being able to sign a No 9.

Good man management. Seems to do the trick! They say it's all about confidence...

• Like 1

Gallagher is actually a natural and pretty decent support striker - we used to say he has to play through the middle, but I think the reality is he needs to play through the middle with a strike partner. Sam and Sammie is a very good front line.

• Like 1

Extremely pragmatic approach and the opposition haven’t figured out what to do about it. A tactical victory (so far) for Eustace.

There’s another goal in this half for us, if we want it. We won’t have it all our own way after the break, so that next one will be massive, whichever way it goes.

Impressed by our work so far, more of it , please.

Just now, AspRover said:

Gallagher is actually a natural and pretty decent support striker - we used to say he has to play through the middle, but I think the reality is he needs to play through the middle with a strike partner. Sam and Sammie is a very good front line.

Quite smart what we've done... Put Szmodics up top and Dolan and Gallagher in the two number 10 roles.

Works much better than Gally up top at Brum.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Oh dear, another one fooled by Waggott.

😴😴😴😴

One signing crocked in 15 mins, one with an absolute stinker midweek, and one not signed cos a numpty didn't press send.

It's an abysmal return.

Regardless of the surrounding BS.

If I'm not allowed a pop at the Head of Recruitment,  D of F or whatever the title is over that then I dunno when u can. 

I can call Waggott a **** too if that makes u feel any better. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Credit where credit is due. He was awful against Birmingham, but he's been a menace today. 

Might be that he suits a more direct style. I’ve always appreciated his commitment and work ethic. If he can chip in like this on a regular basis I might be able to relax and enjoy the rest of the season. 

8 minutes ago, AspRover said:

How about we call them SAS 🙄lol

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1