BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Well the new manager bounce didn't last long.

Up next is Nob End. A team many of us never even gave a second thought about until the Raos and Desais darkened our door.

Hopefully Eustace can get a more cohesive performance out of the lads and we pick up the three points.

He's got his work cut out for him as our squad is really quite pitiful. 

Venkys out. Nothing else matters. 

• Like 3

Fleck has to come into the midfield. I desperately hope that Rankin Costello is fit to put on the right and Scott Wharton or O'Riordan need to come in as the third centre back should we continue with that formation. The former would give us better balance but the latter has looked promising albeit in brief cameos. No Telalovic and no Garrett.

Im not optimistic. In a short space of time its clearly a tactic of lumping it long and we dont suit that style just as we dont suit the opposite extreme of having to pass it out. There has to be some middle ground. We only have one tall attacking player who himself is more dangerous running in behind.

Can only imagine that we'll be on the receiving end of a comprehensive beatdown against this lot... bloody Preston, how far we've fallen.

For what it's worth, Fleck must play - and Garrett, Telalovic and Chrisene must be kept out of it.

2-0 Preston.

Edited by TheRevAshton

Pears

O'riordan  McFadzean.  Wharton

Brittain.     Tronstad.   Fleck.      Hedges

Dolan.           Szmodics

Horse

All assuming JRC isn't fit, if he is then i would start him cm

Subs: Wahltsted, Hyam, Batty, Buckley, Ayari, Garrett, Gilsenan, Markanday, Leonard.

• Moderation Lead

This and the next two after it, some very tricky fixtures. (Cardiff away the Tuesday after and Norwich home, the Saturday after). Could do with getting something here!

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This and the next two after it, some very tricky fixtures. (Cardiff away the Tuesday after and Norwich home, the Saturday after). Could do with getting something here!

Ahh yes, Cardiff away next Tuesday.

7:45 kick-off, away from home, long journey... honestly, i've never been more sure of how a game will play out in my life.

Hopefully they don't bully us so easily this time but i still expect the weaknesses to be exposed and we simply have to offer something in the opposition 3rd.

Maybe we are set to be a jekyll and hyde team again and this will be a good day ?

Pears

Hyam McFaz Wharton

Brittain Tronstad Garrett Hedges 

Dolan  Szmodics

Gallagher

Subs:- Wahlstedt, O'Riordan, Chrisene, Buckley, Fleck, Telalovic, Sigurdsson, Glisenan, Moran

Going for 2-1 Rovers win with Hyam and Dolan scoring

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears

Hyam McFaz Wharton

Brittain Tronstad Garrett Hedges 

Dolan  Szmodics

Gallagher

Subs:- Wahlstedt, O'Riordan, Chrisene, Buckley, Fleck, Telalovic, Sigurdsson, Glisenan, Moran

Going for 2-1 Rovers win with Hyam and Dolan scoring

Not a chance.

Preston have a tough match tonight and barring any injuries or suspensions they incur, I will be lumping big time on Preston at 6/4.

I expect a far better display than we saw last night. I think that is highly likely, it could hardly be worse, but we are also accustomed to dismal away performances and results on dark wet/cold midweeks. I'm convinced there is something psychological in it and the team will always be more up for it on a Saturday. Add in that it is a derby game with a big following and I think that will take care of that.

Of course that doesn't mean we will get a result, and I expect we won't, but what I expect is the old 'hard luck' tale of putting in a shift, playing some nice stuff at times, not being played off the park, doing the basics for 99% of the game but falling short by virtue of them being much more ruthless and trained in the dark arts, plus they are always well up for this one whereas our team of softies I don't think have it in them to cope when the going gets tough.

I had planned to attend this being fairly local but after the results of recent months can’t face seeing a local rival demolish us yet again.

Predict we take a heavy beating here, with the rough housing approach PNE take our soft lads will fold in no time.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not a chance.

Preston have a tough match tonight and barring any injuries or suspensions they incur, I will be lumping big time on Preston at 6/4.

Like I have told time after time, no one is interested in your betting apart from you. 

I will look from watching Rovers from the away end. I will be there in the Bill Shankly Kop watching John Eustace's Rovers win 

• Like 2