BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Well we look much more physically competitive now, and started well against Birmingham. But as time wore on Birmingham should have scored 3 or 4, all coming from poor mistakes from us. Lucky to get out with a 1-0 loss.

We're getting caught in age old trap of as we get more defensive how do we create chances? We're not going to to commit players forward in the numbers we did under JDT (and so we shouldn't as we were getting battered). It's really down to the front three to make something happen, with a bit of support from the wing backs and one of the centre mids. 

Could do with Buckley coming back to help with the forward passing from midfield. If he's available I would start him instead of JRC. Not sure what state Fleck is in or really much about how he plays, but if the manager thinks he should come in will be interested to see how he can help us going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I have told time after time, no one is interested in your betting apart from you. 

I will look from watching Rovers from the away end. I will be there in the Bill Shankly Kop watching John Eustace's Rovers win 

Everyone? 

I'm going btts, rovers win , 9.5 corners + and gally anytime scorer .. 

• Like 1

Literally impossible to predict. Jury is obviously out on Eustace and he's only been here 5 minutes but we have to put in an improved performance from yesterday. Not just from the players but the manager needs to sort out these tactics as we can't just continously lump it forward to no one (or Gallagher to lose the aerial battle)

Can stick with a back 3 if he wants to, bring Fleck in (if fit) move JRC to RWB. Options are limited because recruitment is abysmal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Literally impossible to predict. Jury is obviously out on Eustace and he's only been here 5 minutes but we have to put in an improved performance from yesterday. Not just from the players but the manager needs to sort out these tactics as we can't just continously lump it forward to no one (or Gallagher to lose the aerial battle)

Can stick with a back 3 if he wants to, bring Fleck in (if fit) move JRC to RWB. Options are limited because recruitment is abysmal.

I’m not one to judge too early on a manager but last night really bothered me…Like I’m still so confused now as the players had no game plan.

I think we will bounce back with a better performance but whether we get the 3 points is another matter. 

Want it to work for Eustace so let’s try get something on Sat! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, alcd said:

Was lucky not to get two yellows. Always looks like a sending off waiting to happen. Alot of wayward passing too. 

To be fair, the yellow he did get was all down to Hyam, Garrett didn't have much option other than to take the booking. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024
53 minutes ago, alcd said:

Was lucky not to get two yellows. Always looks like a sending off waiting to happen. Alot of wayward passing too. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

what has garrett done to upset you,he was one of the very few who came out with any credit last night

What alcd said but in fairness I like his hunger, he'll get to where we need him go be eventually, we need warriors now though 

I do think Garrett was a bit shit last night but so was everyone to be fair .

What's going on with Harry Leonard?if he isn't injured he should be on the bench ,even if not ready he should be ahead of Telalovic in the pecking order.

If he is just being left out for footballing reasons it's a joke he wasn't let out on loan in January 

• Like 1

Preston players said it was men v boys in the game at Ewood and I can’t see this being any different given even our “men” aren’t that tough and some of them downright weak physically. Sadly I think it’s a case of how many Preston score and us battling to keep the score line respectable.  Preston 4 Rovers 0

• Like 2

Im hoping i witness a much improved performance at Deepdale, certainly need to make changes, but due to a lack of squad depth we wont beable to make many, Fleck has to start for me alongside Trondstad, Would also contemplate Hyam, O Riordan and Mcfadzean as a starting back 3, And please put anyone else on the bench other than Telalovic, Leonard or someone from under 23s, or under 18s, he simply aint good enough im afraid.

• Like 1

Based on Birmingham, one of the worst teams in the division, comfortably turning us over last night, I can't see how we'll take anything from the Nobbers.

It would be the most Rovers thing ever for us to go and win 4-0, but hard to see us even getting a point based on recent form.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Could've needed Travis for this one. Instead he's sat on the bench for Ipswich again tonight. Our captain.

So we sell Wharton and loan out Travis and loan in fleck but don't play fleck, not even for 10mins?

Baffling

We did we loan out Travis?!

• Like 1

Preston made it three wins on the bounce to re-ignite their Championship play-off hopes as Emil Riis seized on a slice of luck to help them beat Middlesbrough at Deepdale

deary me. Who's going across for the game? Good luck chaps

PNE beat Boro 2-1 tonight art Deepdale. Now 12 points ahead of us.

Whatever the result on Saturday they will finish this season above us. The are better, stronger, fit, aggressive and come Saturday will treat the game as a proper derby.

Meanwhile we've been celebrating the return of Hedges. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

PNE beat Boro 2-1 tonight art Deepdale. Now 12 points ahead of us.

Whatever the result on Saturday they will finish this season above us. The are better, stronger, fit, aggressive and come Saturday will treat the game as a proper derby.

Meanwhile we've been celebrating the return of Hedges. 

Guessing their fanbase are taking Lowe as the second coming again? He was dead meat to most a month ago.

Those Nobbers need to be careful what they wish.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

So we sell Wharton and loan out Travis and loan in fleck but don't play fleck, not even for 10mins?

Baffling

We did we loan out Travis?!

Because he fell out with JDT

• Like 1