BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Work with a PNE fan at work  he says they are a team setup to allow opposition to have the ball and would be more of optimistic of winning if JDT was still our manager he says when PNE have the ball their shit 

• Like 1

One thing to note for Preston. The last chunk of their goals at home have been latching onto mistakes at the back.

Ipswich and then the two goals against Boro were all mistakes. We need to make sure we clear our line…other than that a lot of their fans say their quite poor so I think we have a chance.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well we look much more physically competitive now, and started well against Birmingham. But as time wore on Birmingham should have scored 3 or 4, all coming from poor mistakes from us. Lucky to get out with a 1-0 loss.

We're getting caught in age old trap of as we get more defensive how do we create chances? We're not going to to commit players forward in the numbers we did under JDT (and so we shouldn't as we were getting battered). It's really down to the front three to make something happen, with a bit of support from the wing backs and one of the centre mids. 

Could do with Buckley coming back to help with the forward passing from midfield. If he's available I would start him instead of JRC. Not sure what state Fleck is in or really much about how he plays, but if the manager thinks he should come in will be interested to see how he can help us going forward.

That's obviously the plan. We already have Wharton's replacement---its Buckley.

I watched a bit of Nobbers game last night and was the usual shithousery from them. Wasting time at every opportunity, players going down but not wanting treatment so they don't have to go off, the keeper holding on to the ball for ages, slow to restart the game at throw ins, goal kicks etc and other things. We need a strong referee but we haven't got one. It's David Webb who last had us at Sheffield Wednesday when he missed a clear foul on Hill and then went Tomasson off.

that appointment has just added to my concerns about the game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I watched a bit of Nobbers game last night and was the usual shithousery from them. Wasting time at every opportunity, players going down but not wanting treatment so they don't have to go off, the keeper holding on to the ball for ages, slow to restart the game at throw ins, goal kicks etc and other things. We need a strong referee but we haven't got one. It's David Webb who last had us at Sheffield Wednesday when he missed a clear foul on Hill and then went Tomasson off.

that appointment has just added to my concerns about the game.

What happened to the big crackdown on all of that? Or was it just the usual bluster from the referees?

Difficult to call this. If the same mentality arrives at Deepdale on Saturday as was on display at St Andrew’s, I expect Preston to put quite a few past us. 

Eustace hasn’t had long with the players, but if all we can muster in that time is a similar performance to what we offered on Tuesday, I won’t be particularly hopeful of a turnaround this season. The players - in the main - don’t look like they have the minerals for what we’re going to need to do.

Waggott being the one to appoint him adds further doubt, which isn’t necessarily deserved, but how can anything that man does be looked at positively?

JRC - if fit - should replace Brittain on the right. Brittain doesn’t have the defensive attributes necessary for our current position and JRC hasn’t impressed in his preferred position. I would switch Chrisene for O’Riordan, with McFadz on the left of a three. If Fleck is looking at all useful, I’d have him in ahead of Garrett for this game.

Gut says a loss by two clear goals, sad as that is.

• Like 1

Just now, Upside Down said:

What happened to the big crackdown on all of that? Or was it just the usual bluster from the referees?

The intention was to add all time but I agree that has eased off from many of them. The going off for thirty seconds has been circumvented by players simply not having treatment. They go down, the referee goes over and they tell him they don't want treatment. Miraculously a short time later they are up on their feet and their team has its full complement of players. Job done. Also keepers having treatment is more frequent as they don't have to go off. Preston have one where a player deliberately tries to take a throw in further up than they should in the full knowledge that the referee might send them back and it wastes time. If he doesn't send them back they have the advantage of moving up the field. Win/Win.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The intention was to add all time but I agree that has eased off from many of them. The going off for thirty seconds has been circumvented by players simply not having treatment. They go down, the referee goes over and they tell him they don't want treatment. Miraculously a short time later they are up on their feet and their team has its full complement of players. Job done. Also keepers having treatment is more frequent as they don't have to go off. Preston have one where a player deliberately tries to take a throw in further up than they should in the full knowledge that the referee might send them back and it wastes time. If he doesn't send them back they have the advantage of moving up the field. Win/Win.

But what the ref should do, is allow the throw, then give it as a foul throw, and turn possession over to the opposition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The town centre will be full of Rovers fans, just don’t go in with colours on display.

In the town centre you can't get in the The Northern Way as an away fan, and The Grey Friar has stopped letting people in (overcrowded?) about an hour before kick off a couple of times. Other than that, as you say, generally it's all good in the centre.

12 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

So we sell Wharton and loan out Travis and loan in fleck but don't play fleck, not even for 10mins?

Baffling

We did we loan out Travis?!

I don't think Fleck is fit. 

How many points can people on here see us win after our last game? From the fixture list the two home games versus Plymouth and Sheff W. look absolutely crucial. Think we'll get beaten soundly by PNE.

North end are dour but well organised and don’t make many mistakes. They don’t get caught on the break and are difficult to beat. No flair whatsoever. exactly the opposite to us.( although we might have lost the flair we had).

Opposite to us yes. Four yes. Exactly where Eustace will try to take us. I doubt he can.

Another easy win over Rovers. Rovers should be ashamed of their recent record against PNE.

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

In the town centre you can't get in the The Northern Way as an away fan, and The Grey Friar has stopped letting people in (overcrowded?) about an hour before kick off a couple of times. Other than that, as you say, generally it's all good in the centre.

Last season I spent most of pre match between The Old Vic (away pub), Black Bull and Grey Friars.

No trouble with being served even in Rovers colours. I think if you’re not a dickhead and just want a pint, you’ll get served.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bethnal said:

I would switch Chrisene for O’Riordan, with McFadz on the left of a three

McFadz needs to be the centre one of the three would be exposed on either side of the centre having no pace. In the middle he can organise the other two.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Guessing their fanbase are taking Lowe as the second coming again? He was dead meat to most a month ago.

Those Nobbers need to be careful what they wish.

Yeap knobbers are as fickle as they come, lowe has been in a constant cycle of out and in, they get a few games together he’s the best thing then they will go on a lose a few and he’s awful