BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Personally I wouldn't have Brittain in my team on Saturday. He is a real weak (literally) link and in my view doesn't have the heart for a scrap. Having watched his marked improvement this season I would be promoting Leo Duru who has something about him. I know it would be a big ask of a young lad in a local derby but I have faith in him. He can also play in a four or a five.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

100%. Even when I posted it in the heat of the moment post-Brum, I still genuinely feel this is the most nailed on defeat I can remember in my 30 years of supporting Rovers.

The last time I felt like that - was when we were about 33/1 to win at Old Trafford under Steve Kean.

We won 3-2 and I think it was the longest odds any Premier League side had been and actually won a match at the time.

• Like 1

Pears

Hyam McFadz Wharton

Brittain   Tronstad   Fleck    Hedges

Szmodics    Dolan

Gally

Pears

Brittain   Hyam   McFadz  Wharton

Dolan     Tronstad   Fleck    Hedges

Szmodics      

Gally

Garrett/Chrisene/O'Riordan to come on as needed.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

We also:-

• Failed to beat Oldham in the league in League one

• Have a negative (4/11/5) record against Huddersfield

* Got put out of the League Cup by Morecambe in our only ever meeting.

We beat Bury twice in league one though.

Which if you think about it is an incredible feat considering a good portion of our fanbase think we would be where they are without our wonderful owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Good old Gregg. Paying someones wage for 8 weeks before he can even be considered.

Fleck has played the total minutes of 1 game this season, It will take time for him to get fit. 

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Personally I wouldn't have Brittain in my team on Saturday. He is a real weak (literally) link and in my view doesn't have the heart for a scrap. Having watched his marked improvement this season I would be promoting Leo Duru who has something about him. I know it would be a big ask of a young lad in a local derby but I have faith in him. He can also play in a four or a five.

against Stoke, Brittain had a very good game including 2 assists 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fleck has played the total minutes of 1 game this season, It will take time for him to get fit. 

He has left his well-paid contract at Sheff United to come here for the same length of time, so he won't be on £1k a week. Therefore , under the financial circumstances, why the fuck did we bring him in until the end of the season if he can't play till April?

To me it stinks of being a knee-jerk reaction to the knee-jerk reaction of selling Wharton. All this whilst Travis is out on loan. As the footballers at the club come under the remit of Broughton, I'm adding Travis and Fleck to the list of fuck ups along with Wahslted, Mola, the Maguire situation and countless others. 

And before someone jumps in, of course it's Venkys who cut the budgets and allow these incompetents to be employed so ultimately it's their doing.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

North End dig in. They are on the edge of legal…not a place for Callum Brittain.

It’s a long time since I saw as weak a fullback at Ewood.

Brett Emerton got stick from some..possibly ducked the odd 50/50…but this fella, Britain ,is pathetically weak …and with the out of form , lacking in decision Hyam next to him….our right side will be murdered .. Deepdale will require guts, how many times have we folded at the hands of North End in recent seasons…heart says a point, head says a hammering .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Todays dragging at work so....

TEAM.       W / D / L

Burnley       0 / 3 / 6

Preston      4 / 3 / 8

Blackpool.  7 / 5 / 2

Wigan         4 / 6 / 8

Bolton         5 / 1 / 8

OVERALL W20 / D18 / L32

Win ratio 25.8%

We also:-

• Failed to beat Oldham in the league in League one

• Have a negative (4/11/5) record against Huddersfield

* Got put out of the League Cup by Morecambe in our only ever meeting.

That really is horrendous reading, especially considering we've been the superior team to PNE, Wigan and Bolton (in terms of finishing positions) for the majority of that time.

Shows how spineless we are from ownership down. 

If anything sums up the Venkys reign, it's the fact we haven't beaten Burnley once over 9 matches.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

against Stoke, Brittain had a very good game including 2 assists 

He's a front foot player is Brittain but when he's on the back foot and we are being pushed back down the wings he's all over the place.  I'm talking about when there is actual defending to be done he's often poor.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 15:13, chaddyrovers said:

Like I have told time after time, no one is interested in your betting apart from you. 

I will look from watching Rovers from the away end. I will be there in the Bill Shankly Kop watching John Eustace's Rovers win 

I would never bet against rovers, ever.

Like betting against my own son in a fight.

Cold.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

The intention was to add all time but I agree that has eased off from many of them. The going off for thirty seconds has been circumvented by players simply not having treatment. They go down, the referee goes over and they tell him they don't want treatment. Miraculously a short time later they are up on their feet and their team has its full complement of players. Job done. Also keepers having treatment is more frequent as they don't have to go off. Preston have one where a player deliberately tries to take a throw in further up than they should in the full knowledge that the referee might send them back and it wastes time. If he doesn't send them back they have the advantage of moving up the field. Win/Win.

Wouldn't that be a foul throw then? Throw in to the other side? 

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He has left his well-paid contract at Sheff United to come here for the same length of time, so he won't be on £1k a week. Therefore , under the financial circumstances, why the fuck did we bring him in until the end of the season if he can't play till April?

To me it stinks of being a knee-jerk reaction to the knee-jerk reaction of selling Wharton. All this whilst Travis is out on loan. As the footballers at the club come under the remit of Broughton, I'm adding Travis and Fleck to the list of fuck ups along with Wahslted, Mola, the Maguire situation and countless others. 

And before someone jumps in, of course it's Venkys who cut the budgets and allow these incompetents to be employed so ultimately it's their doing.

Yep spewing money on short term sticking plaster solutions.

Agents will do alright though as usual but classic Waggot and Venkys, why re-invest a million or two on a decent player when you can spend it on 2 short term frees and a couple of loans.

The DoF and new recruitment dept model was supposed to alter this by having our better own ability to source and bring in players to fit the model.

It's anything but when you look at Leo, Tel and Ennis so no doubt we are back to grasping what favoured agents offer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep spewing money on short term sticking plaster solutions.

Agents will do alright though as usual but classic Waggot and Venkys, why re-invest a million or two on a decent player when you can spend it on 2 short term frees and a couple of loans.

The DoF and new recruitment dept model was supposed to alter this by having our better own ability to source and bring in players to fit the model.

It's anything but when you look at Leo, Tel and Ennis so no doubt we are back to grasping what favoured agents offer.

Last time we had a DoF we got relegated, and this time history is threatening to repeat itself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

A Mike Ferguson or an El Hadji Diouf would have destroyed Brittain for good - metaphorically eaten him, chewed him and then spat out the remains.  Our, IMO, big mouth and coward of a full back must consider himself most fortunate not to have encountered a Fergie or a Dioufy!

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

This is the one - either of Fleck/Bucko over Garrett. 

Even without full match fitness, they're likely put in a better shift against this lot, than young Garrett would.

Not chrisene please. Awful against big club 

11 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Not chrisene please. Awful against big club 

Awful full stop.

That man Broughton has much to be sorry for - I think his signings on the whole are minging,  SS clearly good, Hyam average and the rest a crock of the proverbial.  Indefensible.

Factor in the feck ups with O'Brien, Brierley and Macguire and there is no case whatsoever, IMO, for his defence.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A Mike Ferguson or an El Hadji Diouf would have destroyed Brittain for good - metaphorically eaten him, chewed him and then spat out the remains.  Our, IMO, big mouth and coward of a full back must consider himself most fortunate not to have encountered a Fergie or a Dioufy!

I think he has some talent, just no heart. When I think about the likes of Jim Branagan who was of limited ability but knew the importance of the physical side I know who I'd prefer. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Awful full stop.

That man Broughton has much to be sorry for - I think his signings on the whole are minging,  SS clearly good, Hyam average and the rest a crock of the proverbial.  Indefensible.

Factor in the feck ups with O'Brien, Brierley and Macguire and there is no case whatsoever, IMO, for his defence.

What a load of rubbish Mercer. 

How it GB fault cos our club Secretary didn't press the right button on the machine to click send on the machine? Is he meant to babysit him??? FFS. 

Same as last year wasn't his fault but he took the blame..

His signings have been decent enough

Agree with the general blasting of Brittain who is never,ever up for a fight and cannot defend. O.K.going forward and puts in a decent cross sometimes,I give you that. 

Unfortunately,this is a game crying out for Lewis Travis in midfield.

Perpetually cutting the funding(thanks Venkys) means the new manager really has his work cut out.  

• Like 1

See that Hyam is becoming a regular feature in the website - guess the leader of the senior players council and SW reached an understanding that the new head coach would have a lower profile…

Also note Hyam repeating the “we are all in this together” bs - could be a very expensive drinking game over the next 2 months… 🤣

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a load of rubbish Mercer. 

How it GB fault cos our club Secretary didn't press the right button on the machine to click send on the machine? Is he meant to babysit him??? FFS. 

Same as last year wasn't his fault but he took the blame..

His signings have been decent enough

you call clinton mola,hirst,telalovic,crisene,ayari.moran and the biggest **** up of all ,walhstedt, decent🤣

• Like 2