BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

6 hours ago, AJW said:

Work with a PNE fan at work  he says they are a team setup to allow opposition to have the ball and would be more of optimistic of winning if JDT was still our manager he says when PNE have the ball their shit 

Exactly they are a shitbouse team always have been, at ewood we battered them yet they still manage to shithouse it, only twice since we started playing them again in 2015 you could say they deserved the win which was the two 4-1’s but we was piss poor in both so not hard, the rest they haven’t deserved any of the results they have had against us. Very true that this game would suit them more against jdt, Birmingham played some good stuff but they are a better footballing side than Preston, Preston are just typical championship cloggers and grafters, poor side in terms of quality but know how to grind a win. 

a pne fan I know says they can only play for 60 minutes before they tire so I said it reminded me of mowbrays rovers… we could never do 90 minutes under him 

• Like 1

As said above I’ve never know a rovers side to be so soft, easy for bang average teams like Preston to bully us, this team lacks spine. We’ve lost our real creative source too and not replaced him which is what makes things look even greyer, not optimistic about this at all, our derby record has been piss poor since we got relegated to the championship originally. Preston are by no means a good side but are organised and hard working but as pointed out above again they would be more suited to playing jdt, this is the game that will really show how the new coach really is, taking these gobshites down a peg or two on Saturday would be a real statement 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Bucko in for Garrett 

Not without any match fitness, although I agree and hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Pears

Hyam McFaz ORoirdon

Brittain Tronstad Garrett Christene

Szmodics

Gally Dolan

The sooner Garrett is out that team the better, but right now there’s not many other options. 

1 minute ago, TheRovers1994 said:

As said above I’ve never know a rovers side to be so soft, easy for bang average teams like Preston to bully us, this team lacks spine. We’ve lost our real creative source too and not replaced him which is what makes things look even greyer, not optimistic about this at all, our derby record has been piss poor since we got relegated to the championship originally. Preston are by no means a good side but are organised and hard working but as pointed out above again they would be more suited to playing jdt, this is the game that will really show how the new coach really is, taking these gobshites down a peg or two on Saturday would be a real statement 

The team picked on Saturday and at Brum is a lot more of a tougher physical side, I think we showed that on Saturday... Against Brum, we just simply didn't play well, I don't think we got bullied. 

It's a shame we have JRC out because we really need players like that in the middle for a game like Preston. It's a big loss in my opinion and makes me concerned that we will lose that central midfield battle and ultimately the game. Really hope his injury turns out to be nothing and he insists he wants to play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not without any match fitness, although I agree and hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Pears

Hyam McFaz ORoirdon

Szmodics

Gally Dolan

The sooner Garrett is out that team the better, but right now there’s not many other options. 

Fleck. Then Buckley for Fleck when he inevitably tires.

Hedges LWB, Wharton LCB.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Pears

Hyam McFaz ORoirdon

Szmodics

Gally Dolan

Hedges? He could play central. Had a shocker at Brum but so did everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Pears

Hyam McFaz ORoirdon

Szmodics

Gally Dolan

Yeah suppose there's Fleck, need Hedges in there. Wharton in for orirordan 

Edited by Tricky

16 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

So we sell Wharton and loan out Travis and loan in fleck but don't play fleck, not even for 10mins?

Baffling

We did we loan out Travis?!

Fleck isn't match fit at all and barely played so unlikely to feature too much before the international break. 

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I watched a bit of Nobbers game last night and was the usual shithousery from them. Wasting time at every opportunity, players going down but not wanting treatment so they don't have to go off, the keeper holding on to the ball for ages, slow to restart the game at throw ins, goal kicks etc and other things. We need a strong referee but we haven't got one. It's David Webb who last had us at Sheffield Wednesday when he missed a clear foul on Hill and then went Tomasson off.

that appointment has just added to my concerns about the game.

Its exactly how PNE have played for ages under Lowe. We should know how they play. We have to match it and play our attacking game. We need to take the lead in this game then they have to change their game

5 hours ago, Bethnal said:

JRC - if fit - should replace Brittain on the right. Brittain doesn’t have the defensive attributes necessary for our current position and JRC hasn’t impressed in his preferred position. I would switch Chrisene for O’Riordan, with McFadz on the left of a three. If Fleck is looking at all useful, I’d have him in ahead of Garrett for this game.

why would you put McFadzean on the left at the age of 37 years old? Surely you would to play Wharton or Hyam there? 

21 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Yeap knobbers are as fickle as they come, lowe has been in a constant cycle of out and in, they get a few games together he’s the best thing then they will go on a lose a few and he’s awful 

Exactly, it was only about 3/4 weeks ago they wanted Ryan Lowe out. 

A couple of PNE fans I work with can't stand their football or Lowe But they accept it cos they win games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Yeah suppose there's Fleck, need Hedges in there. Wharton in for orirordan 

Yep, will have both of those. 

Pears

Hyam McFaz Wharton 

Brittain Tronstad Fleck Christene

Szmodics

Dolan Gally 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Yep, will have both of those. 

Pears

Hyam McFaz Wharton 

Brittain Tronstad Fleck Christene

Szmodics

Dolan Gally 

This is the one - either of Fleck/Bucko over Garrett. 

Even without full match fitness, they're likely put in a better shift against this lot, than young Garrett would.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fleck isn't match fit at all and barely played so unlikely to feature too much before the international break. 

Good old Gregg. Paying someones wage for 8 weeks before he can even be considered.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

McFadzean is 37 this month and hadnt played for months yet is now likely to play a third game in 8 days. Just making it up as we go along to justify the managers decisions.

Play Fleck and bring on Buckley for him, either 60 mins and 30 mins or half each. No Garrett.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

McFadzean is 37 this month and hadnt played for months yet is now likely to play a third game in 8 days. Just making it up as we go along to justify the managers decisions.

Play Fleck and bring on Buckley for him, either 60 mins and 30 mins or half each. No Garrett.

Good point, I’d take 60 mins from both of them. 

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Good old Gregg. Paying someones wage for 8 weeks before he can even be considered.

Indeed. JDT asked for "experience" and Broughton provided a crock and a guy with one foot in the grave in footballing terms.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good shout, McFadz will probably need a rest.

Start O'Riordan for this one. He's looked alright to me in his cameo's - he's young and inexperienced, but a big lad and looks decent on the ball too.

Scotty, Hyam and O'Riordan to start - maybe stick McFadz in towards the end if needed.

Edited by TheRevAshton

• Moderation Lead

As an aside, without looking at the stats, I’d imagine we’ve lost far more games against local opposition than we’ve won under Venky’s and sadly, I imagine Saturday will be more of the same…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Indeed. JDT asked for "experience" and Broughton provided a crock and a guy with one foot in the grave in footballing terms.

Fleck has just 89 minutes game time this season, spread over 4 sub appearances with 5 games as an unused sub and 13 games not on the bench, presumably some of those injured.

And we sign him unfit and halfway through a season.

Words fail me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

This is the one - either of Fleck/Bucko over Garrett. 

Even without full match fitness, they're likely put in a better shift against this lot, than young Garrett would.

Surely not putting in a shift is the last thing Garrett can be accused of.

Honestly, I'm confused by the flak Garrett has been getting. Admittedly, I've had to miss a lot of games this season due to working most Saturdays, but whenever I see Garrett play he is far better than people keep describing and his main shortcoming is he's impetuous. 

• Like 3

Im going to be negative here, on the basis of what i saw Tuesday. I think we get pumped. 3 zip. Hope im wrong!

We seem to lack balance. I feel Eustace style of play is to be tight away from home, which i get, but I also feel its gets it into the final 3rd and play from there, which again, is fine, but nobody can get it to stick in that final 3rd, it all seems to weak or 100mph. Plus the majority of passes and balls into that final 3rd seemed dreadful Tuesday. Works both ways. Absolutely nothing clicked. Even when we we tried to sit in we still seemed open. 

fingers crossed for a positive result anyway. 

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Surely not putting in a shift is the last thing Garrett can be accused of.

Honestly, I'm confused by the flak Garrett has been getting. Admittedly, I've had to miss a lot of games this season due to working most Saturdays, but whenever I see Garrett play he is far better than people keep describing and his main shortcoming is he's impetuous. 

Same here. Off the top of my head I'm sure there have been a few games where he has come on and seemingly been just about the only one who's looked up for it or emerged with any credit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As an aside, without looking at the stats, I’d imagine we’ve lost far more games against local opposition than we’ve won under Venky’s and sadly, I imagine Saturday will be more of the same…

Todays dragging at work so....

TEAM.       W / D / L

Burnley       0 / 3 / 6

Preston      4 / 3 / 8

Blackpool.  7 / 5 / 2

Wigan         4 / 6 / 8

Bolton         5 / 1 / 8

OVERALL W20 / D18 / L32

Win ratio 25.8%

We also:-

• Failed to beat Oldham in the league in League one

• Have a negative (4/11/5) record against Huddersfield

* Got put out of the League Cup by Morecambe in our only ever meeting.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Todays dragging at work so....

TEAM.       W / D / L

Burnley       0 / 3 / 6

Preston      4 / 3 / 8

Blackpool.  7 / 5 / 2

Wigan         4 / 6 / 8

Bolton         5 / 1 / 8

OVERALL W20 / D18 / L32

Win ratio 25.8%

Having been at most of these, I'm genuinely shocked it's as good as 25%. Grim. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

100%. Even when I posted it in the heat of the moment post-Brum, I still genuinely feel this is the most nailed on defeat I can remember in my 30 years of supporting Rovers.

Zero chance we win this, or even put up a good fight IMO.*

*Goes without saying that I hope I’m wrong.

Edited by G Somerset Rover