BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Whatever tactical formations or squad tactics Eustace puts out its all fairly irrelevant if Pears gets injured again.

The lad might not be great(Im seething at how we virtually gave away two,yes two,world-class goalies in Raya & Kaminski)but make no mistake IF Pears cant play relegation is pretty much nailed on.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, martonrover said:

You stated that you can’t delegate responsibility, which is what I challenged.

I think what you meant was that the Raos choose not to delegate responsibility, which is true.

It’s their business, what they decide goes, the buck stops with them, you can put as many management layers in place as you want but the responsibility always lies with the Executive

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

It’s their business, what they decide goes, the buck stops with them, you can put as many management layers in place as you want but the responsibility always lies with the Executive

Agreed, but you can choose to employ competent people in executive and senior positions at the club, and let them crack on.

The Rao’s choose idiots and overrule at every turn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Agreed, but you can choose to employ competent people in executive and senior positions at the club, and let them crack on.

So who is in the wrong ?

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Part of the job description if you are not an idiot you won't put up with being overruled at every turn

• Like 2

Can't see anything other than a PNE win here. Rovers often seem to struggle to get themselves up for derby games and with current form I don't see the players doing much to change that tomorrow.

A draw would be a fantastic result.

My predicted team:

Pears

Hyam    McFadzean   Wharton

Hedges     Tronstad    Garrett    Chrisene

Szmodics

Gallagher    Dolan

Edited by sharpysharps86

I can't remember a recent match where I went into it with such little expectation. I'm normally reasonably confident but the events of the last two weeks have knocked the stuffing out of me. All I have seen from the players since Tuesday is big talk like 'we go again', 'we're all in it together' and meaningless platitudes. If we lose (which I am expecting to) the fans will turn. There is no hiding place for the players tomorrow, talk is cheap.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Polky said:

4,300 is the current total.

Not surprising considering current form, off field antics and ticket prices.

It is still a lot of people, and ones who will make a lot of noise.

Let's hope that the team give them something positive to shout about. 

On such matters does a season turn.

Come on You Blues!

F-OFF YOU DELUDED VENKY-RAO-DESAI HALF GOONS

F-OFF YOU SNEAKY SHADOW HIDING SUHAILS
F-OFF YOU CONNIVING CHEATING LYING F-WAGGOTT

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

You don't get it Chaddy do you?

He is Director of Football which means the responsibility rests with him for ALL FOOTBALL OPERATIONS.

If there is an issue with the recruitment team, it is his responsibility, if there is an issue with the fitness/medical department, it is his responsibility, if there is an issue with the administration of transfer transactions, it is his responsibility.  After last year's shambles with O'Brien and Brierley, Broughton said it wouldn't happen again.  Well it feckin well has and the buck stops with him.  How the feck can you be a Director of Football Operations and not take responsibility for all things football!?!?  I've had roles where folk didn't deliver and they were feckin fired because the buck stopped with me.

I don't agree one single bit. The error here is the paperwork wasn't sent through which only the Club Secretary can do. He failed to sent the paperwork and no one realised to after the deadline had passed. Football transfer paperwork being sent to the EFL and FA isn't part of his job and he cannot do it as per the rules. Only the Club Secretary and CEO can sent the paperwork through. 

I would have removed both of them from their positions and appointed a new CEO and Club secretary will immediate affect.  

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

If you think signings like Mola, Leo, Hirst, Ennis, Telalovic, Koumetio, Fleck, Chrisene and Ayari, to name but a few, are 'decent enough' then I don't know what football planet you live on. 

IMO, Broughton has made one stand out signing (SS), three or four average ones (Hyam, Tronstad, Siggy) and the rest have been virtually useless.  Is it any wonder Broughton has gone into hiding after another shambolic window?  If matters are 'out of his control' he should feckin 'man up' and walk and there would be more respect for him. 

Wahlstedt and Telalovic were work in progress signings. Telalovic is improving. 

Chrisene was very good against Stoke and QPR. Fleck, Ayari and Koumetio we have haven't seen much of them or none at all. Hirst has shown his worth at Ipswich so maybe we didn't get the best out of him. 

Moran was very good in the first part of the season but has found it difficult since December in his first season of championship football. 

Tronstad has been very good as Hyam and Szmodics have been. Sigurdsson has shown his worth at times. Hill was also good until Bournemouth recalled him

Also GB isn't hiding but just letting Eustace get on with the job and keeping focus on the pitch. 

15 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Was just about to write the same thing. Definitely into the poor bracket. After his initial impact he's done absolutely naff all for a while now.

I got absolutely lambasted by a certain poster when I suggested siggy is poor. He offers no attacking threat currently, as soon as he receives the ball he looks to offload. 

When he first arrived he said he's a player that likes to run at defenders and be on the offensive, where has that player gone now? Is that down to coaching? Out of form? Lacking confidence? 

• Like 1

Weve made 13 signings this season and only one so far is a definite success in Tronstad. Wahlstedt and Telalovic are beyond terrible, Hill was decent, Moran poor, Sigurdsson has scored a few but in general he is underwhelming and Ennis was shocking. Then have come Chrisene who im unsure about, McFadzean could provide some useful short term experience, Fleck isnt fit and Ayari and Koumetio dont seem close to the first team. O'Riordan is a squad option. Weve added some right dross all in all.

Mind you, the main issue is the budget cuts from the owners.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Weve made 13 signings this season and only one so far is a definite success in Tronstad. Wahlstedt and Telalovic are beyond terrible, Hill was decent, Moran poor, Sigurdsson has scored a few but in general he is underwhelming and Ennis was shocking. Then have come Chrisene who im unsure about, McFadzean could provide some useful short term experience, Fleck isnt fit and Ayari and Koumetio dont seem close to the first team. O'Riordan is a squad option. Weve added some right dross all in all.

Mind you, the main issue is the budget cuts from the owners.

A manged decline in every sense of the word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanives said:

I got absolutely lambasted by a certain poster when I suggested siggy is poor. He offers no attacking threat currently, as soon as he receives the ball he looks to offload. 

When he first arrived he said he's a player that likes to run at defenders and be on the offensive, where has that player gone now? Is that down to coaching? Out of form? Lacking confidence? 

He's not fast enough to out run himself.

It's possible that his hairnet acts as a parachute.

He has no bottle, none at all and is a waste of space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanives said:

That player has now got a permanent contract and would appear to be now coasting.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

'Telalovic is improving'.

How can anyone repeatedly say that with a straight face?

It's laughable isn't it!?

Even at my age, I would back myself to have buried that 94th minute header at Brum - unbelievable miss. 

• Like 2

Good turnout all things considered and similar to what they brought here last season before they start running their mouths off as usual.

I don't care it's only 15 mins up the road the away form has been diabolical and it's still 30 quid.

Also we are due a result on the road !