BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

The polish duo of Bielik and Helik would be my realistic scavenge of the teams going down.  Drameh/Demebele etc I can see others after. 

Rathborne out of contract, or Odoffin at Rotherham would be a pick from them if we had to.  Purely utility players. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Possible Keeper signings

Viktor Johansson from Rotherham, Has a release clause of £1m. Yes they would be alot of interest in him but I do think he is deffo worth trying to get him to sign here.

Viktor Johansson 2023 ● Rotherham ► Best 22/23 EFL Championship Goalkeeper (youtube.com)

Daniel Iverson from Leicester. I think he would cost £2m. Solid keeper, aged 26 years old. 

Daniel Iversen Highlights - YouTube

Lee Nicholls from Huddersfield. Aged 31 years old and wouldn't cost alot of money and has plenty of experience of this league aswell

Possible attacking midfielders players signings 

Koji Miyoshi from Birmingham. Can play the 10 role and wide roles. Would cost couple of millions. Eustace signed him for Birmingham last season. 

Some of his goals this season Video | Facebook

Harvey Knibbs from Reading. Would cost £1m I think. can play wide left, number 10 role and up front. scored 11 goals this season for Reading and can press from the front. 

Harvey Knibbs - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

Harvey Knibbs Reading FC Highlights #readingfc (youtube.com)

Harvey Knibbs: Reading's Pressing Machine? (youtube.com)

Possible striker players signings 

Arron Connelly from Hull. Out of contract this summer. Scored 8 goals in 28 games. Aged 24 years old 

Aaron Connolly goals - Search Videos (bing.com)

Ike Ugbo, On loan at Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff City this season. Aged 25 years old. 11 goals in 38 games this season. Would cost 2.5 million to 4 million I would guess. 

Iké Ugbo - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

Joe Taylor. was on loan at Colchester United for the first half of the season and spent the second half of the season at Lincoln City. scored 11 goals in 25 goals in league 2 and 10 goals in 19 games in league 1. His parent club is Luton Town. 

Joe Taylor - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

Joe Taylor | Highlights 2023 (youtube.com)

Joe Taylor bags hat-trick as Lincoln score FIVE! | Lincoln 5-0 Bristol Rovers | EFL Highlights (youtube.com)

Ivan Prtajin. Plays for SV Wehen Wiesbaden in Bundesliga 2. Scored 13 goals in 28 games this season

Ivan Prtajin - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

IVAN PRTAJIN - WEHEN WIESBADEN 2022/23 - GOALS COMPILATION (youtube.com)

I’d be going for Johansson early doors and try to get that done. A strong keeper will make the existing back 4/5 look much more settled. Bad keepers have an impact on the back line as the players are second guessing their decisions.

The keeper is the first we need to sort.

GK - NEW / Pears / Leo 

RB - Brittain / New (Loan) / JRC

LB - Pickering / NEW 

CB - Hyam / Carter / O’Riordan / Wharton / New (Mcfadz - Free)

CM - JRC / Trondstadt / Travis / Buckley / Garrett 

Forwards - Hedges / Markanday / Siggy / Leonard

Then - SS (unlikely) / Gally (Hopefully not) / Dolan (probably not) / Telalovic (hopefully not) 

So we need 4x forwards (2x wide players and 2x Strikers) 

In total - 4x New permanent cash signings. (GK, LB, ST, Winger) Think Hyam and Szmod esque, Championship experience. 

Then 4 loans / Free (RB, CB, ST, Winger)

Disclaimer - I am not saying we WILL do this or that we WILL spend the following amount, but after the Wharton sale, Raya cash and expected £15m for SS we SHOULD be spending £10m+ on fees this summer.

10 hours ago, neophox said:

Helik, Koroma, Buegzorg, Matos would be good signings from Hudds.

Rotherham keepers Johansson and Phillips. Maybe Odoffin could be a good addition.

I thought burzorg? Looked a proper threat, would definately take him. Some good players have gone down with birmingham too maybe the Eustace connection will help.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

GK - NEW / Pears / Leo 

LB - Pickering / NEW 

Then - SS (unlikely) / Gally (Hopefully not) / Dolan (probably not) / Telalovic (hopefully not) 

In total - 4x New permanent cash signings. (GK, LB, ST, Winger) Think Hyam and Szmod esque, Championship experience. 

Disclaimer - I am not saying we WILL do this or that we WILL spend the following amount, but after the Wharton sale, Raya cash and expected £15m for SS we SHOULD be spending £10m+ on fees this summer.

I think we should be looking at signing Chrisene again, I really do like him and he can only get better being young 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

The polish duo of Bielik and Helik would be my realistic scavenge of the teams going down.  Drameh/Demebele etc I can see others after. 

Rathborne out of contract, or Odoffin at Rotherham would be a pick from them if we had to.  Purely utility players. 

Dembele is overrated on here ,any team he has been at he spends a lot of time on the bench and his scoring record is shite too 

5 minutes ago, Brfc1234567 said:

I think we should be looking at signing Chrisene again, I really do like him and he can only get better being young 

Chrisene permanent would help us cover LB, LWB and CM. 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixons gossip for the day we interested in Cannon on loan and looking to loan out O'Riordan next season 

If we’re letting O’riordan go out on loan then we defo need a Champ CB, plus McFadz. Imo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixons gossip for the day we interested in Cannon on loan and looking to loan out O'Riordan next season 

Would mean we’re signing mcfadz for another year, but would still need another with Wharton being out

• Like 1

I'm calling it now. Over 500 pages.

Also Wharton is out for the season so totally pointless listing him in the squad. Even the club won't be doing that.

Based on Gregg's recent form, I imagine our first 3 signings will be (soon),

Fadz

Gally

Dolan

Then it will go very quiet until after 20th August, whilst we hear propganda via the LT about getting business done early and 3 done already.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

GK - NEW / Pears / Leo 

LB - Pickering / NEW 

Wharton out for the season. 

54 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Put it this way, Preston are linked with him so doubt he comes to us.

Saying that, they have 3 decent strikers in Riis, Keane and that Osmajic fella so not sure why they would chase him, lazy journalism…

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

GK - NEW / Pears / Leo 

LB - Pickering / NEW 

I think we need a replacement for Hyam plus a squad CB. Hyam has been absolutely awful this season, he has single-handedly lost us about 3 games off the top of my head and possibly more. IMO we also need a better GK, and a good striker as well.

I don’t think we can rely on Hedges, Dolan, or Gallagher to keep us above mid table next season and they need to be replaced if we have any thoughts of improving our lot. I always thought Dolan and Gallagher would be good players for us but neither of them have the footballing intelligence to succeed at the level we should be aiming at.

Really we should be spending far more than £10m after selling the Crown Jewels and spending nothing last season, and I would be excited if I didn’t know the script for next season already (I wonder which Brighton youth prospect will we get this time). I don’t know whether I’m optimistic or naive but I agree with you that £10m+ should be spent which means there is a lot of work ahead for the transfer team. If we mess up this season and don’t splash the cash then we might as well all give up. 

Can't see any value in renewing Gally he's dross.  None scoring target men are a dime a dozen and I think I'd rather us risk a younger version in Draper from Lincoln than the 15k a week gally is on.  

Adding hielek and Bielik would add a bit of height and tenacity to a very pleasant technical academy team.  

Just missing an athletic left back (agree would take Chrisene back), central midfielder (is Barron at Aberdeen any good - the Scottish guys at work talk about him) and another player to score a goal or two (McAtee) 

7 minutes ago, Polky said:

£900k release clause, we can forget about signing him 😂

I object to crowdfunding based on sales of recent, but for my own sanity I'd put a tenner into a pot for this 

20 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Saying that, they have 3 decent strikers in Riis, Keane and that Osmajic fella so not sure why they would chase him, lazy journalism…

Not sure Nobbers fans would agree tbh.

Preston have failed to score in 7 out of the last 8 games . That takes some doing

So going into the transfer window most would agree that we need players in these positions

Gk

Lb

Cb

Cm

Cam 

Rw

Lw

St

These signings need to be spot on. We need players to come in and make an impact or come in and give competition to others who aren't performing

Then when you take into potential sales/loans we may need to potentially replace them

8 is what we need bare minimum 10 is ideal 12 maybe with departures

So now we've analysed that's what we need we'll end up with 6 at best