BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I'd love for us to look at Yalcouyé from Ifk Göteborg in Sweden. Looks really good this season in a crappy Göteborg team. 

However, since he looks a proper prospect and thus would costs money it will never ever happen. So I don't know why I even bring him up, haha. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Sounds like a Manc and, whilst I know it doesn't really matter, I always prefer local(ish) lads coming through.

Not sure on this 'work of God' stuff though. It's hard work and good coaching that's got you this far Leo, don't downplay the effort.

Good grief. 

• Like 2

I think we need to be looking at top League One talent. Our recent history of using this method has been a success, the signings of both Dack and Smod showed that the step up wasn't too tough for them. 

Added to this, promoted teams like Ipswich making light work of the Championship. Going out and buying the best League 1 player is something we should be prioritising in my opinion. 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, ChickenBolty said:

I think we need to be looking at top League One talent. Our recent history of using this method has been a success, the signings of both Dack and Smod showed that the step up wasn't too tough for them. 

Added to this, promoted teams like Ipswich making light work of the Championship. Going out and buying the best League 1 player is something we should be prioritising in my opinion. 

I agree but we have to go after proven good players and pay a fee and wages there has to be some pedigree already there.

Like Dack, Szmods and even Armstrong and Rhodes, we HAVE to invest money.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I agree but we have to go after proven good players and pay a fee and wages there has to be some pedigree already there.

Like Dack, Szmods and even Armstrong and Rhodes, we HAVE to invest money.

Dream on! Spend any money.....?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

What ‘exec’ would that be then? Swag, Suhail? 🤦‍♂️

I doubt players give a toss who comes to meet them. From McGuire's point of view, it wasn't Steve Waggott that cocked up on deadline day, and although it may be debatable, the men responsible (since Broughton did own it, after all) have gone.

The important thing for McGuire is a contract and playing in England and a chance to get noticed for bigger fortunes. That's what they all want. And Rovers is an option.

• Like 1

Course players don't, 'show me the money' is usually the top and tail of it.

My point was more the fact the article is making out we have some sort of dynamic exec team flying in to close deals... I'm not quite sure who those would be, maybe Venkatash.

55 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I doubt players give a toss who comes to meet them. From McGuire's point of view, it wasn't Steve Waggott that cocked up on deadline day, and although it may be debatable, the men responsible (since Broughton did own it, after all) have gone.

The important thing for McGuire is a contract and playing in England and a chance to get noticed for bigger fortunes. That's what they all want. And Rovers is an option.

Broughton didn't own the McGuire transfer.

He saw the reaction he got by being the only professional in the room by taking the flack for the O'Brien / Brierly transfers failing (which weren't his fault). He kept his head below the parapet like the rest of the cockroaches this time. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Another summer of loans and freebies sadly 

It'll at least be until August before we contemplate spending any money - with the excuse being they have to wait for the court case.

Obviously by that time any cost-effective deals (including the premium free agents) are off the table and you're scrambling around for the last of the loans and overpriced players. Assuming any funds are released.

I personally can see us living on the Szmodics / A. Wharton / Phillips / Kaminski / Raya money for a long time as it all gets swallowed up by running costs. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Have heard a few mentions of this lad over the last couple of month, excited to see him play.

One thing I want to know, does he have pace?

He is quick yes. His all round athleticism is one of his assets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It'll at least be until August before we contemplate spending any money - with the excuse being they have to wait for the court case.

Obviously by that time any cost-effective deals (including the premium free agents) are off the table and you're scrambling around for the last of the loans and overpriced players. Assuming any funds are released.

I personally can see us living on the Szmodics / A. Wharton / Phillips / Kaminski / Raya money for a long time as it all gets swallowed up by running costs. 

Yep that's the situation. Even cheaper running costs in league one 

3 hours ago, dallydally said:

Dream on! Spend any money.....?

Well with whats happened with Wharton Venkys are daft enough to be now sold the notion we don't need to buy anybody and just blood academy kids hoping for massive profit.

Unless they were intending losing the money i reckon the BBD farce may well have put them off any big investment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alex l said:

If we sign McGuire, no way Dolan stays. Can't have 2 of them summersaulting when scoring, it'd be too much flair for Eustace's team. 

Dolan contribute 5 (?) flips a season. With Sammy almost garunteed to go McGuire better look like a russian Gymnast if we are going to stay up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Polky said:

https://www.givemesport.com/leicester-city-transfer-news-primed-make-offer-sammie-szmodics-king-power-stadium/

Not sure about this, don’t Leicester have to sell a few players due to FFP/PSR?

we ar`nt getting 20 million quid for him,wether that is just speculative journalism or venkys being venkys again i don`t know

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Polky said:

Was very good for Sheff Utd in the promotion season, if it’s the same lad, but out of our budget. Sheff Utd aren’t accepting magic beans as currency. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Was very good for Sheff Utd in the promotion season, if it’s the same lad, but out of our budget. Sheff Utd aren’t accepting magic beans as currency. 

Hes leaving for free.

(Although he will want a wage well beyond the peanuts on offer)