BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

Just now, RTM08 said:

We are still in freefall.

We're not - we're no longer conceding multiple goals a game.

That said we're probably still going down because we sold our one outstanding player in January and didn't replace him. From a squad that was bereft of quality to begin with. 

We were in free fall under JDT, but we’ve replaced him with a dud.

He’s failed to win a single game (against some of the teams below/around us), we’ve continued to concede goals and now we’re much less of an offensive threat.

Today was an easy a game as we are going to get this season. And we didn’t just fail to win, we handed them the 3 points.

• Like 1

If Sammie da Szmo has had a bad game today, I'm not bloody surprised. Two international games in what, five days. Then back to play for us after carrying us all season.

The man just be absolutely shagged out. He's not long been a dad (second time?) also I think

• Like 4

No coherence, cohesion, competence or confidence in that team today. Whilst Ipswich didn't do anything really worth the win, Rovers did nothing but huff and puff, like handbags at thirty paces.

If we go down it will be because of nothing performances like today. Poor across the whole team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace .. thought the least you deserved was a point today !

Second half was so much better, but nobody to apply the finishing touch .. if Ipswich go up, they'll get embarrassed in the Premier League without some major changes ... 

Perhaps the game is to avoid playing the 6 fingered derby twice next season at all costs. 

image.jpeg.dc5a020233546c0af2a9093fb940bde9.jpeg image.jpeg.5af27a540053bc9b48b23cb2e6bd55a1.jpeg  image.jpeg.02d043fc8df52d16990c0dca9d45e482.jpeg

Edited by Old Codger
  • Like 1

Still don't think we are going down despite our appalling form. Whoever said we are next seasons Rotherham has lt nailed on. 

But excluding Rotherham there are 4 teams below us that can't overtake us with the one win in 18 form we are in. And only 7 games left. I think the other teams aren't going to catch us. Not that that's anything to crow about. The only other managers at Rovers I can think of  with zero new managers bounce are Coyle and Ince... 

2 minutes ago, broadsword said:

If Sammie da Szmo has had a bad game today, I'm not bloody surprised. Two international games in what, five days. Then back to play for us after carrying us all season.

The man just be absolutely shagged out. He's not long been a dad (second time?) also I think

He’s not been here long enough to be a true Rovers legend, but his performance this season on the whole will live in the memory. Completely stepped up to be the main man and - as you rightly say - carry us through the season. If we stay up, it’s exclusively due to him, in the dressing room. Nobody near him in there currently.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

8 losses, a win and 2 draws (against Rotherham and Hudderfield at home) in JDTs last 11 matches.

We were in freefall. 

We’ve still not won under his replacement.

ICYMI.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Why didn´t McFadzean play today? Wasn´t even on the bench?

There’s this thing called suspension.

That is the game we had to win. I don’t want to hear any excuses of our opponent we HAD to win! 

Once again under Eustace we’ve failed. How can anyone, with our run in, think we will stay up?? No threat, no killer instinct…There are several players I would take from each team in n around us…I guarantee there is no other player another team would take from us other than Szmodics.

I put alot of the blame on our keepers who have gifted our opposition numerous points throughout the season…Pears and Wally lad are as good as league 2.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Tough on Rovers today. Nothing at all wrong with JRC’s “goal”.  Smodic interfering? If Smodic had been in the stands at that point Rovers would still have scored that goal.

On a general point, even though we played well in parts, the weaknesses in the squad caused by awful managerial decisions in the past seasons are still there to be seen. That’s why we’re where we are. It’s a long way back.

• Like 2

Good enough today against the league leaders but our goalkeepers are trying their best to send us down to a division where they're better suited. 

If we had equalised, I have a feeling that Ipswich would've stepped it up a notch. 

Five minutes added on was bonkers, they were time-wasting and must've been at least ten subs.

Anyone else gonna say we are stabalised .... JDT freefall was due to players/venkys/ and probably Waggot undermining him, now by changing him what has improved ? Some player performance has gone back to bad from abysmal ...thats an improvement for some.

i've come to an acceptance , from now on every draw is a win ...i'll be much happier 

VENKYS/WAGGOT/SUHAIL OUT!!!

• Like 2