BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

relegation could be the best thing to happen for us,the indians might **** off,administration ok ,id`e give anything just to be shut of them

Don’t understand this. Why would they leave if we went down? Why would one automatically lead to the other? Relegation is the worst thing that could happen. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

B’ham have Huddersfield and Rotherham up next two matches. I would put my house on them picking up more points than we will from the next two.

Listened to the aftermath of their game, their commentators weren't as confident as you, they sounded doomed to be honest. 

Hyam is utter shite. Should never play for the club again. Mcfadzean is a L2 standard defender. Dolan can't control the ball and has no game sense. Pickering is abysmally slow. Markanday totally out of his depth in this league. The squad is mostly L1 standard which is where the club will be next season.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Three out of four of our defenders had one or more sloppy back passes. The fourth was subbed off at HT.

Totally bizarre decision. Can't think of any justification for it at all. Eustace must have been watching a totally different game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

I fear for this squad if we do stay up. £0 will be reinvested we all know that (well all of us except one individual).

Szmodics, Tronstad, JRC from the starting 11 are probably the only 3 of true quality to start if we had any ambition moving forward. 
We need a new GK, whole new back line, 2 wingers and a striker on a £0 budget. 

Szmodics will not be here at the start of next season and JRC is a crock! But I’d add Pickering and Wharton to the list of decent championship players. Other than that we are not up to it at this level.

The Raos have allowed our squad to become weaker in every transfer window and now there is practically nothing left. I’m with you - there are very bad times ahead. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Don’t understand this. Why would they leave if we went down? Why would one automatically lead to the other? Relegation is the worst thing that could happen. 

I must admit at one point I followed this trail of thought, but most likely relegation and admin would lead to the loss of the academy and training grounds and with the current financial setup in football and the new finance deals coming in we'd have more chance of regularly playing Stanley than Burnley for the foreseeable future.

Christ tonight was dire. Especially the second half. We're very fortunate we have this points cushion and everyone around us is in poor form instead of fighting for their lives like usually starts to happen at this point. I suspect we'll stay up, potentially we won't even need any more points, but I expect 2 more will suffice. Then I expect us to go down next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

less money comes into the club,you still have to pay the players the same wage(those that are still here) thus as owners you end up putting more money in to make up the shortfall,you don`t sell as many season tickets either and tv money income drops off a cliff,with gods help,the chicken slaughterers will think we`ve had enough,either stop funding us or sell the club,either way im`e not bothered

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

B’ham have Huddersfield and Rotherham up next two matches. I would put my house on them picking up more points than we will from the next two.

Coventry, Norwich, Rotherham, Huddersfield. I cannot say see them picking up points against Cov, they'll beat Rotherham and I reckon a draw against Hudds. If Norwich have the play offs secured by the final day then i can see them getting a win. 7 points max I reckon. 7 points from 4 games is a big feat though when you're at the bottom. 

Results this round do mean that Leicester have a chance of being promoted by the time we play them. If that is the case, we may have a chance of a draw there. If we beat Sheff W then we're safe. I just don't think we'll beat them. They're a very plucky team and we're not. 

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

I must admit at one point I followed this trail of thought, but most likely relegation and admin would lead to the loss of the academy and training grounds and with the current financial setup in football and the new finance deals coming in we'd have more chance of regularly playing Stanley than Burnley for the foreseeable future.

Quite possible but still doesn’t mean the owners will depart. They’re rich and they’re arrogant and we’re just pawns in their vast empire. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Totally bizarre decision. Can't think of any justification for it at all. Eustace must have been watching a totally different game.

Utterly ridiculous that Wharton was the defender taken off at half time unless it was injury related. Not the quickest but still way faster than the blundering Mcfadzean.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

People assume that logically, an owner would cut their losses at 200 million in debt, unable to fund the club and playing in the third tier, with clearly none of the debt to ever be repaid. The mistake is assuming logic from Venkys.

• Like 3

There are at least 6 regular starters who should never play for us again after this season.

I'm going to list them: 

Dominic Hyam

Harry Pickering

Tyrhys Dolan

Aynsley Pears

Sam Gallagher

Arnor Sigurdsson

I'd absolutely take a relegation to make that happen.

Birmingham have Norwich on the last game while we play Leicester. Tough end for the pair of us. There new owners were announcing plans for a 50k capacity stadium before the match tonight and talking about how their plans to build the club won’t change with relegation…. Where were ours??

I know a lot of blues fans who are full of support of the new owners. Higher income than any other team outside the parachute payment clubs this season (according to them anyway).

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

relegation could be the best thing to happen for us,the indians might **** off,administration ok ,id`e give anything just to be shut of them

I wish we could go straight to League 2, then the Venksters might feck-off, maybe ?

6 minutes ago, Adam C said:

Szmodics will not be here at the start of next season and JRC is a crock! But I’d add Pickering and Wharton to the list of decent championship players. Other than that we are not up to it at this level.

The Raos have allowed our squad to become weaker in every transfer window and now there is practically nothing left. I’m with you - there are very bad times ahead. 

Carter?

Well the quadruple change was interesting, which led to passing it around the back and absolutely no forward intent. Worst i've ever seen us play in the flesh. I live down here and they have bizarre fans, takes 4 goals up until they're singing. Had to endure that from the home end..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Quite possible but still doesn’t mean the owners will depart. They’re rich and they’re arrogant and we’re just pawns in their vast empire. 

Oh I agree - sorry, I meant that this would happen with admin or with the current owners if we got stuck in League One.

Interesting that everyone is focused on Birmingham here, but they occupy the lower of the two relegation places remaining. The far more worrying scenario is Wednesday - tonight means that that is 100% must win next week, but I have zero faith that we will be up for it.

• Like 2