BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

Well hopefully we can carry on the momentum from the last performance and secure our safety against fellow relegation contenders Sheffield Wednesday.

Unfortunately our piece of shit CEO decided it was a good idea to give 7000 tickets to the Wednesday fans whilst simultaneously making it harder for our own fans to buy tickets. He is a toxic human being to say the least.

Hopefully we will have a repeat of one of my all time favourite games and smash them 7-2 again.

Fuck off Yorkshire. Your air is not fit to breathe into my pure Lancastrian lungs.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

The coach has the luxury of a full week to prepare. We've done better when playing with time to prepare under his stewardship so hopefully we get the3 on Saturday. 

That’s a good plan - turn up on Saturday and beat them like Chile did v USSR back in the day. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

• K-Hod pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

Win this and we’re safe. Come on Rovers!!!

It's a must not lose. 

They'll give us all we can handle - we hate playing big, physical, aggressive sides. Especially from set pieces.

Tactically its an awkward one as the team against Leeds performed so well but it was a totally different sort of game as we knew Leeds would attack all game.

Wednesday will probably be a lot more defensive.... That said they need the win more than we do so theyll have to commit players forward eventually - though if the clubs around them lose on Saturday they may aim for a point.

It really is all about not conceding the first goal. Thats the most important thing by far. So probably setup same way as Leeds, sit deep, but be ready to break quickly. Think it could be quite a dull game.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Tactically its an awkward one as the team against Leeds performed so well but it was a totally different sort of game as we knew Leeds would attack all game.

Wednesday will probably be a lot more defensive.... That said they need the win more than we do so theyll have to commit players forward eventually - though if the clubs around them lose on Saturday they may aim for a point.

It really is all about not conceding the first goal. Thats the most important thing by far. So probably setup same way as Leeds, sit deep, but be ready to break quickly. Think it could be quite a dull game.

The most important thing is to score more than the opposition.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

The most important thing is to score more than the opposition.

Quite the philosopher - I have a few tee shirts, one that says - “ In Football Everything Is Complicated By the Presence Of The Opposite Team “ 

John Paul Sartre.

Another - “ If The Game Is Lost Your Earthly Life Is Wasted “ 

Henrik Ibsen.

And - “ Beyond The Touchline There Is Nothing “

Jaques Derrida

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Quite the philosopher - I have a few tee shirts, one that says - “ In Football Everything Is Complicated By the Presence Of The Opposite Team “ 

John Paul Sartre.

Another - “ If The Game Is Lost Your Earthly Life Is Wasted “ 

Henrik Ibsen.

And - “ Beyond The Touchline There Is Nothing “

Jaques Derrida

I like to think so

• Like 1

Beat these tossers and we’re there

one thing I will say is the kick off time/day might hinder crowd. I know they’ve sold 7k odd but if it wasn’t changed by sky after yesterdays results which I’m still buzzing off btw 30k at Ewood I reacon 

30k?! So the highest crowd in about 10/15 years?

Wouldn’t have been anywhere close even at 3pm considering £25-£30 tickets. The only chance go get anything like a c24k gate would’ve been tenner tickets.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

30k?! So the highest crowd in about 10/15 years?

Wouldn’t have been anywhere close even at 3pm considering £25-£30 tickets. The only chance go get anything like a c24k gate would’ve been tenner tickets.

So true. With the importance of these games SURELY the club should go everything they can to encourage as many fans to attend. They are crazy. 12,000 fans paying £30 or

25,000 paying even £15 would bring in more revenue and the players would be buzzing with a large crowd.

Stupid decisions at our club unfortunately. £30 a ticket is crazy in this climate when we are so close to the end of the season and need a win.

Fans would help the team on match day. Shame that fans aren't respected by the club.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

So true. With the importance of these games SURELY the club should go everything they can to encourage as many fans to attend. They are crazy. 12,000 fans paying £30 or

25,000 paying even £15 would bring in more revenue and the players would be buzzing with a large crowd.

Stupid decisions at our club unfortunately. £30 a ticket is crazy in this climate when we are so close to the end of the season and need a win.

Fans would help the team on match day. Shame that fans aren't respected by the club.

To implement a sensible pricing policy and get as many fans in as possible to help the team you have to have a decision maker with at least one brain cell. Unfortunately we don’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael123458 said:

Beat these tossers and we’re there

one thing I will say is the kick off time/day might hinder crowd. I know they’ve sold 7k odd but if it wasn’t changed by sky after yesterdays results which I’m still buzzing off btw 30k at Ewood I reacon 

No chance at cat B prices but over 23k would be a fair shout if Sky hadn't ruined it again.

• Like 1

We can’t do anything now about the game being on Sky, the early kick off, prices or 7000 Wednesday fans, however Rovers fans can turn up in numbers to make sure the team gets the kind of support it got yesterday at Leeds. 

i’m sure the players would relish 20k or so Rovers fans urging them on to a win.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 5